Xbox Lowering my Ping/Latency....

4 hours ago, greengrow said:

It turns off every time I turn on geo-filter pretty much.  Once Geo-filtering is on my xbox no longer says IPv4 & IPv6.  I restarted my xbox and it made the IPv6 show back up.  BUT this leads to a huge problem.  Since I'm using xbox party chat whenever I want to party up with a friend I have to turn off geo-filtering or it won't connect us.   Ever.   Even if they're allowed.  So, restarting wouldn't be such a big deal if I didn't need to also be host and use party chat.  I have to host games because my friends net is horrible atm.  But that's just in the scenario of me playing with other people.  basically if I play with any other person I can't use geo-filtering which makes the feature useless.  I've struggled getting it to work right for months now and I think I'm probably just going to get a different router since this one blows.  

Are you able to then re-enable Geo-filter after everyone has joined your party or does it then kick them out? 

On 5/21/2021 at 6:29 AM, Netduma Liam said:

Are you able to then re-enable Geo-filter after everyone has joined your party or does it then kick them out? 

They join when it's off then it usually keeps them,  but I've had them allowed or they've lived close.

The biggest problem I'm having is this IPv6 b.s.  It literally stops working for no reason.  I'll be playing a game and the connection will feel bad so I"ll check and sure enough IPv6 isn't being seen.  Rebooting the router is the only fix so to have to do this multiple times a day is beyond annoying.  We've talked to comcast and have ordered a new router from them but I highly doubt that's the issue.  My parents are having connectivity issues with their streaming services as well to the point of them saying we should get an additional connection.   So whatever is causing the horrible speeds needs to be resolved. I've resigned to setting the QoS sliders to 70/70 even though the auto detect always, and I mean always sets them to like 51/98.  Literally out of ideas as to what to do.

EDIT: And yes, IPv6 works and is recognized by computer.  But now it's doing this garbage:

Router's IPv6 Address On WAN
spacer.gifNot Available

it will have an ipv6 for lan tho.

7 hours ago, greengrow said:

They join when it's off then it usually keeps them,  but I've had them allowed or they've lived close.

The biggest problem I'm having is this IPv6 b.s.  It literally stops working for no reason.  I'll be playing a game and the connection will feel bad so I"ll check and sure enough IPv6 isn't being seen.  Rebooting the router is the only fix so to have to do this multiple times a day is beyond annoying.  We've talked to comcast and have ordered a new router from them but I highly doubt that's the issue.  My parents are having connectivity issues with their streaming services as well to the point of them saying we should get an additional connection.   So whatever is causing the horrible speeds needs to be resolved. I've resigned to setting the QoS sliders to 70/70 even though the auto detect always, and I mean always sets them to like 51/98.  Literally out of ideas as to what to do.

EDIT: And yes, IPv6 works and is recognized by computer.  But now it's doing this garbage:

Router's IPv6 Address On WAN
spacer.gifNot Available

it will have an ipv6 for lan tho.

I don't appear to be able to see the image you've inserted unfortunately, could you perhaps upload it as an attachment instead?

We've performed quite a lot of troubleshooting here so I'm hoping that the new Comcast modem is the fix but if it's not please do let us know and we can certainly delve deeper.

7 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

I don't appear to be able to see the image you've inserted unfortunately, could you perhaps upload it as an attachment instead?

We've performed quite a lot of troubleshooting here so I'm hoping that the new Comcast modem is the fix but if it's not please do let us know and we can certainly delve deeper.

The Picture was an icon.

6 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Which IPv6 type are you using? You could try turning off the IPv6 DHCP server and set a static IPv6 address on the console itself

would I just use the WAN and LAN ipv6 addresses? I'm not sure how to do that with IPv6.  And wouldn't the rest of my network suffer from not having IPv6?

• Administrators
55 minutes ago, greengrow said:

would I just use the WAN and LAN ipv6 addresses? I'm not sure how to do that with IPv6.  And wouldn't the rest of my network suffer from not having IPv6?

Sorry I misexplained, which did you select for IPv6 from these options:
 image.png

Depending on which you selected, DHCP or Auto Config for LAN IPs may be selected, select what isn't the default - all LAN devices will get an IPv6 address, forget setting an address on the device manually

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Sorry I misexplained, which did you select for IPv6 from these options:
 image.png

Depending on which you selected, DHCP or Auto Config for LAN IPs may be selected, select what isn't the default - all LAN devices will get an IPv6 address, forget setting an address on the device manually

I've been choosing DHCP since that's what my modem has.  I've tried auto config.  But now, every time I start my xbox series x there's never an ipv6.  It's really strange.   Wait  I just watched it after a couple minutes and then magically IPv6 popped up.  why isn't it it instantly recognized with the IPv4 on start up?  This is tripping me out.  Here.  I cut out my IPv6 addresses for security just in case you shouldn't post them.

ipv6.png

• Administrators

Did you make the IPv6 change while the Xbox was already on or in a standby mode? If you keep it on auto config, hard turn off the console, then turn on does it recognize it immediately and stay on IPv6 the whole time you're playing?