haserl CGI Error Failed to readline from 'config get DumaOS_Theme_Version'

Hi Fraser.

I cleared the browsers cache and used another browser. The firmware version is: XR1000 1.0.0.52_1.0.38 which as far as I can see is the latest. 

Between about 2:45 am and 7:30 am, the router just stopped working. I know the time frame because I had a work related call that ended at 2:45 and I tired to use the internet at 7:30 when got up for my day. 

I was able to get the router back in working order by resetting it to factory settings but I had to do it twice before the router was working. Is this likely a software issue or a hardware issue? Do I need to get on the phone with Netgear?

Michael

Fios box in my basement with a 25 foot run of CAT6 up to the router which is in a large cabinet (size of a fridge) that is empty and ventilated. There is a 20 foot run to a switch in the basement which goes to a non managed switch. The non managed switch runs to a handful of ethernet ports around the house. Plugged into one port is an XR500 on the other side of the house which is in AP mode. Its a bit kludge but the house was wired by the previous owners and some interesting choices were made. Still, nothing about the physical set up is remarkable. The temps in the cabinet where the router is located stays about 85 degrees. 

Is that what your looking for?

• Administrators

Yes that is good thank you, the FIOS box I'm assuming that's like an ONT with no real interface as opposed to a modem/router? In Settings > Monitoring > Connection Status, what does it say for lease obtained/expires?

• Administrators
54 minutes ago, Michael_Michael said:

Its Verizon Fios..... I can try but I don't have confidence that it will be any more useful than talking to a well. 

Well... let's hope they will do so, if they can't extend the lease then giving you a static IP would also help - they may charge for that though.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What firmware version are you on currently and did you factory reset after upgrading?

Well my Router is less than one month old, I did the update on the setup assist. It should be factory reset...

The Router ist from the beginning very slow is this normal? Sometimes it takes 40 sec and more to build the ui...

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys: @Netduma Fraser @Netduma Liam

I started having the same problems that I experienced in the original post on March the 6th and it looks like my only option is to restore the router to factory settings.  At the rate we are going I am looking at a hard factory re-set of the router every 2.5 to 3 months.  Also, once I reset the router It doesn't let me login. I can still connect to the internet however I get disconnected frequently and performance is poor. 

To have to do a factor reset this frequently is frustrating. Is there some information that I can get you off my router to help you troubleshoot and fix? 

Spoiler

Edit: I can't login to the router so I am looking at another hard reset?

Failed to readline from 'config get DumaOS_Theme_Version'

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, Michael_Michael said:

Hey guys: @Netduma Fraser @Netduma Liam

I started having the same problems that I experienced in the original post on March the 6th and it looks like my only option is to restore the router to factory settings.  At the rate we are going I am looking at a hard factory re-set of the router every 2.5 to 3 months.  Also, once I reset the router It doesn't let me login. I can still connect to the internet however I get disconnected frequently and performance is poor. 

To have to do a factor reset this frequently is frustrating. Is there some information that I can get you off my router to help you troubleshoot and fix? 

Hide contents

Edit: I can't login to the router so I am looking at another hard reset?

Failed to readline from 'config get DumaOS_Theme_Version'

Sorry to hear that, what version are you on currently as there is a more up to date firmware we can give you that in my opinion is more stable. See if you can access 192.168.1.1/adv_index.htm so you can upgrade if needed without doing a reset.

• Administrators

What happens when you put the username/password in on that page, does it just ask you again? If you can't get access, I think you'll need to do a factory reset by using the hardware button, then re-upgrading to the same firmware and factory reset from the interface and see if it is more stable after that.

I’ll add a +1 to this.

I had the same issue 2 days ago with this error popping up. 

Oddly, I couldn’t connect my phone (could connect via WiFi but couldn’t access the internet - worked fine on other devices) so I checked the phone in the device settings. I had about 4 IPv6 addresses and 2 IPv4 addresses in the phone when I clicked on it. I tried restarting the router but couldn’t login, restarted again, and got the same error back. I had to do a full factory reset afterwards to get it to work again. 

• 2 weeks later...