Connecting XR500 to Bell HH 3000

Hey guys new member here and just had a quick question about connecting my new router to the Bell HH 3000. 

I put the mac adress into the advanced DMZ mode on the HH 3000

Is there anyway I can change the ip adress that Bell assigns to the XR500?

Also should I put the XR500 into static ip with the ip that Bell assigns it? 

If I want to access the router do I need to use the ip that Bell assigned or the original one on the XR500?

Any input would be great and if there's anything I missed please help me out

Sorry for all the questions I'm not that great in this type of stuff and I just want my PS5 to get a good connection for COD. 

Thanks

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Yes you can change that on the Bell but no real need, setting it statically would be preferred as you're using the DMZ. You use the LAN IP so 192.168.1.1 to access the XR interface. Seems like you've got the right idea so far!

11 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Yes you can change that on the Bell but no real need, setting it statically would be preferred as you're using the DMZ. You use the LAN IP so 192.168.1.1 to access the XR interface. Seems like you've got the right idea so far!

Thanks for the quick response. Its just when I had my old netduma R1 and placed it in advanced DMZ, the Bell HH 3000 gave it an ip address and I couldn't figure out how to change it. Also the only way for me to access the router was to use that ip adress

Aright... first you plug the cable into xr500 WAN port... then the other side on Bell LAN1... plug your pc in lan1 of the xr500... go in web browser... ( type routerlogin.com to access XR500 or 192.168.2.1 to enter Bell as you already know 😛 ) first go on Bell 192.168.2.1 and factory reset it (if internet don't work after it reboots it's not alarming but simply indicate a problem with the hh3000 so just do another factory reset by holding the button on the right side of hh3000 for like 20 some seconds (just look at the display on the hh3000 until it says you can release after the factory reset counter drop to zero aka around 20 seconds holding that reset button) then it should work and if you have a mess on the hh3000 display saying internet is not configured then just enter 192.168.2.1 and set bell with your ppp0e credentials aka B1..... and password and then the line will work ;) oh and if you also have the gaming package 1,5\1gbps your password might have change so if that happen just call them and they'll give you the new password)... when it's back On you disable wifi... disable upnp... allow only one devices address (will be the ip adress of the xr500... reserve that ip to the xr500... put xr500 in dmz BUT DON'T ENABLE ADVANCED DMZ... disable dlna, wps option and sip alg ... reboot HH3000 then open another tab and close the HH3000 one... on new tab enter routerlogin.com and do a factory reset (you have to start that factory reset before the hh3000 finish to reboot so if you're not super fast you might simply unplug the lan cable from only behind hh3000 (after you started the HH3000 reboot process) to give you enough time to start the factory reset of xr500  ;)) then when you start factory reset on xr500 just close the web browser !!! On lower right corner of windows you should have your network icon showing network status (if it's not there just go in windows network and internet settings) reset your network so it will clear old infos and ip's ... restart pc !!! Plug back the cable behind the HH3000 into same LAN1 port !!! Now when windows start wait a lil bit until NEW NETWORK bar appear on right side of screen and select Private network !  Not long after that an automatic command should start a web browser directly on Duma Os setup page...so wait like 1 to 2min max for that to happen and if nothing pop up by itself then just go in a web browser and type routerlogin.net (.net is for first setup and .com is for general usage) and you'll start the basic setup of Duma Os. Normaly if you did everything like i said it will automatically detect a ppp0e line and ask you for your ppp0e creds (b1 code from Bell and password) if not you'll have to select manual installation then select ppp0e and then enter your bell credentials ! Do change the LOGIN password for the XR500 but don't change anything else like wifi (very important) name or password... just next next next and no need to register with netgear at last step... just close the web browser at that point !!! Open the same or another browser (because if the auto install script did start it start with EDGE so after the initial setup you can use whatever browser you want) and this time type routerlogin.com ... go in internet settings and under your ppp0e credentials you'll see Connection Mode being set as Dial On Demand... set that to ALWAYS (very important if you don't want to manually recconnect internet everytime a drop occurs or an ip lease change ect ect ect) then you go on Wan setup : If you have 2 or more devices playing simultaneously (togheter or not) like in COD and want them both Full Open ingame then set NAT at OPEN... if not then let it at secured. Should Disable sip alg except if you reaaaally need it !!! Now go in LAN : change the ip adress to something you like but just the two last part of ip like 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.72.5 so only the last two part you want to change and the last part don't use the same end like the modem use and\or anything lower like example: modem bell is 192.168.2.1 so don't use 1 for the xr500 as you want to prevent problems so choose from .2 and up ! Now Starting IP adress and Ending IP adress you have to change both last parts... so if you changed ip adress to 192.168.72.5 then change Starting adresses to .6 and up and Ending IP adresses to fit the number of devices you hook to that router... like if you have 25 devices to hook then your starting can be let's say 192.168.72.54 and you add your 25 devices so Ending IP adresses would be 192.168.72.79 and up if you want to have open waiting ports for when another device will want to hook on your setup... or like me set it straight and when needed just add number of devices you want to the Ending IP adresses so that will give internet access to these new devices !!! APPLY !!! When it comes back reserve an adress to your pc and Apply again !!! Now you can go set WIFI !!! We use manual channels iinstead of auto because way less connection problems 😛  so 6 and up for 2.4g and 153 for 5ghz or try by yourself to see wich channel performs better as for output quality and efficiency while streaming 4k netflix  :) !!! If there's not a lot of wifi networks around you or live in a huuuuge house then you should disable 20\40hz co-existence  ! We never use the guest network so we untick both Enable SSID broadcast. Administration : firmware update- disable auto-update. We don't plug USB hard drive on the XR routers so we disable media server and readyshare... if you use that then set them as you want !  Advanced Settings Advanced Wireless : We Disable Enable wmm on 5ghz only (because i find overall of xr500 is better when 5ghz WMM is Disabled). We also disable Pin access because we don't use that so it's up to you ! Then in Led Control Settings we disable blinking lights but also is subjective ! Now top right corner of duma os...click the 3dots then Advanced then Timezone and select your proper timezone there (the timezone option in Administration is not working good) but this one does and have more timezone choices ! Reboot XR500 and pc !!!  Now it<s time to add devices to xr500 but you need to know... XR500 is Not Stable when playing if you don't do my trick..! The trick consist in using only 1 device on the 5ghz channel to comunicate over internet and then disconnecting that device from internet will push the XR500 to become stable at 120hz tickrate while playing COD and any games except the output for other games might be different than 120hz... like NFS Heat will play at 15hz to 30hz without my trick but will play at 45hz to 60hz with my trick ! So my trick won<t make XR500 push 120hz tickrate if the game is not playing at that tickrate !  My trick will simply make the XR500 play at max tickrate possible and stable vs without my trick !!! Also that<s why i always tell people to use a wifi 2.4g device to manage every Duma Os routers... because there is restrictions on Lan ports while none on wifi so we actually see the REAL OUTPUT via a wifi device like a phone !!! To test that just start playing a game and enter in duma os via a lan pc... take COD Warzone and while in a match your auto ping will show your tickrate and the dedis tickrate... both max at 60hz via Lan !!! Close that PC browser and then log in duma os on a phone (always via web browser and NEVER via apps) and your auto ping will show your real output live while still in same game... it fluctuate like crazy from 60hz to 120hz while you play and it<s like that since day1 of XR500 !!! Then use your tv...connect tv to 5ghz wifi (while NO OTHER DEVICE IS CONNECTED TO 5GHZ and it doesn<t matter how many devices are on the 2.4 ghz ... just NONE on the 5ghz) and enter in netflix (usually it:s fast once already signed in previously  😛 ) just scroll on 2 or 3 preview to see the previews start playing (that:s comunication over internet) then just flip tv back on console~pc your playing on and then disconnect tv from internet via the tv itself ! Now in from 30seconds to 1 minute your tickrates will stay at the highest it can and you'll see way less fluctuations aka more stable !!! At that time you should start tweaking your upload slidder to optimise your setup and yes we optimise while playing to get accurate results !!! Then to test if it really makes a difference... after you adjjusted your upload slidder and auto ping still show stable 120hz via wifi... just close that web browser on phone and open a web broswer via Lan device and enter Duma Os... you'll see it at 60hz still !!! Close that browser and go back on a wifi browser...duma os and should be at 120hz still stable !!! Then since you want to confirm if it makes a difference... start a match and play for like a minute then connect your tv on internet 5ghz...no need to do anything else... look duma os auto ping stats and boom it's unstable again so continue playing and see the difference !!! There is a huge difference even on a 0-1ms ftth gaming line from Bell Canada and it's more perceptible with other types of lines like cable\dsl\vdsl and\or when your ping base is higher !!!   DON'T ENABLE IPV6...DON'T TOUCH IPV6...DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IPV6... until someone like me confirm it's now perfectly working and not breaking anything !!!

So if youu want to test that you should add every wifi devices on 2.4ghz except for the tv (might work with another device type) and if let's say you have other tvs on setup that might watch netflix youtube ect while you game... then you hook them on 2.4ghz and still only the main tv on the 5ghz that you won't look at while gaming !!! So each time you add a device you should reserve it an ip... so add one and reserve its ip...then add second and reserve ip ect until all added then you apply the reservations (you might want to apply after adding 4-5 devices then add more then apply again then add more ect) Once all your setup devices are hooked and ips reserved... Reboot XR500 !!! You should then power off every devices hooked except pc to finish last steps...

Devices manager : Make sure every devices have proper icon and consoles\pc should all be set as either PLAYSTATION or XBOX but not as game consoles even if we set prio and geo filter as game consoles... if you don't game on pc and don't need to prioritize its traffic then leave pc as PC or as Game console !!!

Qos: top left...burger icon... set bandwidth... enter proper bandwidth for both upload\download and apply. If already done via initial setup so already showing proper bandwidths... change it anyways as it might show you something but the real output is not correlating this infos aka like a speedtest not giving same bandwidth as shown in Qos !!!  Once applied just refresh page and on right side of slidders you'll see proper bandwidths. Now go on Bandwidth Allocation... click on burger icon and set it at DEVICES instead of apps... now untick both share excess and it auto save when you tick\untick them... once both are disabled refresh the page !!! Now you'll see your devices around that ring instead of apps types .... that mean changes have been properly applied ! Now down there in Traffic Prioritization... disable the only one there aka duma os classified games... add your gaming consoles\pc\devices as Gaming Consoles !!! Refresh page and confirm they all there as gaming consoles !!! If you also play on a pc and there is no Gaming Consoles options it's because the pc device type in devices manager is set as pc... so set pc as xbox instead then go add it back in Traffic Prio as Game Consoles... refresh page and confirm !!! Now up there in Congestion Control... set that to Always... put both slidders at below 9 number... you can simply type the number on right side of slidders instead of dragging slidders approx.... so set both at like 6... refresh page... now set it at auto... refresh page... now set both slidders at 70\70 and put in Always mode... refresh page !!! All done so last step...

Geo filter: Set home location in water and drop radius to lowest aka 111km... refresh page.... depending on your ping and location you have to set auto ping... i run 2 setups... one is bell 0-1ms and other is cable 10ms... on 10ms line from Montreal,Qc the best i get is 18ms to 21ms on closest COD dedis aka Providence,Rhodes Islands and New Jersey... so i set my auto ping at 23ms on both setup !!! If we would only play on bell we could drop auto ping to 15ms !!!  So go a bit higher but not by that much and after a couple of matches you should know what is best dedis ping for you on your setup and then lower auto ping to better fit the type of dedis you want to play on !!! You now can test that via Ping Heatmap... ping Modern Warfare as it's the most accurate for us in Americas... ping 2-3 times in a row and take the best ping you get... add couple of ms to it and voilà it's your perfect auto ping setting !!! Anyways if you want to adjust and\or test you always can change those settings !!! Now just add gaming devices up there as Choose Manually and then Filtering !!! Once they all added just refresh page...!!!

Top right...burger icon...REBOOT XR500 !!! Power off pc !!! Once XR500 is rebooted you can start every devices you want and start enjoying your gaming !!!

As of right now if you did everything... your XR500 is perfect and ready to go... i always disable both share excess before every gaming sessions... i disable them then reboot Duma Os routers and start playing.... when gaming is done i re enable both share excess !!! You can play while both share excess are enabled but it will never be flawlessly stable like when disabled so it's up to you !!! Also you shhould test gaming while in Always mode vs while in Auto Mode but without changing slidders... that mean you have to stabilise your xr500 to handle stable 120hz tickrate...then adjust upload slidder until bullets perfectly register.like alllllways  😛 ... don't put download higher than 70 so you can lower it but not go higher...and no need to do that seriously so let download at 70... except if your line really struggle then you might try to lower download !!!  Always higher or lower by +2 -2 ...!!! When insanely optimised... then you can try to switch qos in auto mode vs always mode.... but for best accurate results... when you change that qos mode... you should always reboot router before testing it !!! Please note that rebooting Duma Os routers also UPDATE CLOUD so it's the OPTIMAL PRACTICE to do before gaming sessions !!!

Don't forget you now know how to stabilise the XR500 and you now also know how to PROPERLY setup your setup  ;) !!! So don't forget you always have to re-do my optimisation trick to stabilise xr500 before every gaming session except if you didn't rebooted\hook a 5ghz wifi device on xr500 like you took a break to eat and shits then get back to gaming...then it should still be stable..! But if you stop playing...put back both share excess... enjoyed netflix on 5ghz tv... then you'll need to re-do my trick !!! My trick is doable so easily and takes like 20seconds to do... you just need to enter in the game you want to play... hook tv...make it communicate...disconnect tv... start gaming !!! Just always confirm via wifi device used to manage Duma Os... that you are stable at highest tickrate possible !!! If for whatever reason it destabilise or it didn't work first shot... just do it again !!! You might have to adjust Upload slidder on a daily basis but most likely it will be like a +2 or +4 difference on the upload slidder... might be a bigger difference when changing firmware on router and or depending on game's download updates like some updates modify huge things that impact your experience... also possible isp updates !!! So if bullets are not registering properly... make sure it's still tickrate stable...then adjust upload slidder !!!

We also can set xr500 in simple dhcp with hh3000 but it's not performing good compared to when in ppp0e... so that's why we opt for ppp0e on duma os routers on Bell lines... on cable line it's dhcp but on previous vdsl2 fttn i was also in ppp0e because way better like that !!!  Ppp0e makes you bypass the hh3000 by giving 100% access to Duma Os !!!

Enjoy... take care... Peeeaace !!!  DMC51450

4 hours ago, AlexType-R said:

Thanks alooooot bro. I really appreciate it. I will let you know how it goes once i set it up thanks man

Don’t disable WMM, it can’t be disable for just 5Ghz and when it’s off your throughput will fall back to 54Mbps.

Guest Killhippie
12 hours ago, DMC_81 said:

Aright... first you plug the cable into xr500 WAN port... then the other side on Bell LAN1... plug your pc in lan1 of the xr500... go in web browser... ( type routerlogin.com to access XR500 or 192.168.2.1 to enter Bell as you already know 😛 ) first go on Bell 192.168.2.1 and factory reset it (if internet don't work after it reboots it's not alarming but simply indicate a problem with the hh3000 so just do another factory reset by holding the button on the right side of hh3000 for like 20 some seconds (just look at the display on the hh3000 until it says you can release after the factory reset counter drop to zero aka around 20 seconds holding that reset button) then it should work and if you have a mess on the hh3000 display saying internet is not configured then just enter 192.168.2.1 and set bell with your ppp0e credentials aka B1..... and password and then the line will work ;) oh and if you also have the gaming package 1,5\1gbps your password might have change so if that happen just call them and they'll give you the new password)... when it's back On you disable wifi... disable upnp... allow only one devices address (will be the ip adress of the xr500... reserve that ip to the xr500... put xr500 in dmz BUT DON'T ENABLE ADVANCED DMZ... disable dlna, wps option and sip alg ... reboot HH3000 then open another tab and close the HH3000 one... on new tab enter routerlogin.com and do a factory reset (you have to start that factory reset before the hh3000 finish to reboot so if you're not super fast you might simply unplug the lan cable from only behind hh3000 (after you started the HH3000 reboot process) to give you enough time to start the factory reset of xr500  ;)) then when you start factory reset on xr500 just close the web browser !!! On lower right corner of windows you should have your network icon showing network status (if it's not there just go in windows network and internet settings) reset your network so it will clear old infos and ip's ... restart pc !!! Plug back the cable behind the HH3000 into same LAN1 port !!! Now when windows start wait a lil bit until NEW NETWORK bar appear on right side of screen and select Private network !  Not long after that an automatic command should start a web browser directly on Duma Os setup page...so wait like 1 to 2min max for that to happen and if nothing pop up by itself then just go in a web browser and type routerlogin.net (.net is for first setup and .com is for general usage) and you'll start the basic setup of Duma Os. Normaly if you did everything like i said it will automatically detect a ppp0e line and ask you for your ppp0e creds (b1 code from Bell and password) if not you'll have to select manual installation then select ppp0e and then enter your bell credentials ! Do change the LOGIN password for the XR500 but don't change anything else like wifi (very important) name or password... just next next next and no need to register with netgear at last step... just close the web browser at that point !!! Open the same or another browser (because if the auto install script did start it start with EDGE so after the initial setup you can use whatever browser you want) and this time type routerlogin.com ... go in internet settings and under your ppp0e credentials you'll see Connection Mode being set as Dial On Demand... set that to ALWAYS (very important if you don't want to manually recconnect internet everytime a drop occurs or an ip lease change ect ect ect) then you go on Wan setup : If you have 2 or more devices playing simultaneously (togheter or not) like in COD and want them both Full Open ingame then set NAT at OPEN... if not then let it at secured. Should Disable sip alg except if you reaaaally need it !!! Now go in LAN : change the ip adress to something you like but just the two last part of ip like 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.72.5 so only the last two part you want to change and the last part don't use the same end like the modem use and\or anything lower like example: modem bell is 192.168.2.1 so don't use 1 for the xr500 as you want to prevent problems so choose from .2 and up ! Now Starting IP adress and Ending IP adress you have to change both last parts... so if you changed ip adress to 192.168.72.5 then change Starting adresses to .6 and up and Ending IP adresses to fit the number of devices you hook to that router... like if you have 25 devices to hook then your starting can be let's say 192.168.72.54 and you add your 25 devices so Ending IP adresses would be 192.168.72.79 and up if you want to have open waiting ports for when another device will want to hook on your setup... or like me set it straight and when needed just add number of devices you want to the Ending IP adresses so that will give internet access to these new devices !!! APPLY !!! When it comes back reserve an adress to your pc and Apply again !!! Now you can go set WIFI !!! We use manual channels iinstead of auto because way less connection problems 😛  so 6 and up for 2.4g and 153 for 5ghz or try by yourself to see wich channel performs better as for output quality and efficiency while streaming 4k netflix  :) !!! If there's not a lot of wifi networks around you or live in a huuuuge house then you should disable 20\40hz co-existence  ! We never use the guest network so we untick both Enable SSID broadcast. Administration : firmware update- disable auto-update. We don't plug USB hard drive on the XR routers so we disable media server and readyshare... if you use that then set them as you want !  Advanced Settings Advanced Wireless : We Disable Enable wmm on 5ghz only (because i find overall of xr500 is better when 5ghz WMM is Disabled). We also disable Pin access because we don't use that so it's up to you ! Then in Led Control Settings we disable blinking lights but also is subjective ! Now top right corner of duma os...click the 3dots then Advanced then Timezone and select your proper timezone there (the timezone option in Administration is not working good) but this one does and have more timezone choices ! Reboot XR500 and pc !!!  Now it<s time to add devices to xr500 but you need to know... XR500 is Not Stable when playing if you don't do my trick..! The trick consist in using only 1 device on the 5ghz channel to comunicate over internet and then disconnecting that device from internet will push the XR500 to become stable at 120hz tickrate while playing COD and any games except the output for other games might be different than 120hz... like NFS Heat will play at 15hz to 30hz without my trick but will play at 45hz to 60hz with my trick ! So my trick won<t make XR500 push 120hz tickrate if the game is not playing at that tickrate !  My trick will simply make the XR500 play at max tickrate possible and stable vs without my trick !!! Also that<s why i always tell people to use a wifi 2.4g device to manage every Duma Os routers... because there is restrictions on Lan ports while none on wifi so we actually see the REAL OUTPUT via a wifi device like a phone !!! To test that just start playing a game and enter in duma os via a lan pc... take COD Warzone and while in a match your auto ping will show your tickrate and the dedis tickrate... both max at 60hz via Lan !!! Close that PC browser and then log in duma os on a phone (always via web browser and NEVER via apps) and your auto ping will show your real output live while still in same game... it fluctuate like crazy from 60hz to 120hz while you play and it<s like that since day1 of XR500 !!! Then use your tv...connect tv to 5ghz wifi (while NO OTHER DEVICE IS CONNECTED TO 5GHZ and it doesn<t matter how many devices are on the 2.4 ghz ... just NONE on the 5ghz) and enter in netflix (usually it:s fast once already signed in previously  😛 ) just scroll on 2 or 3 preview to see the previews start playing (that:s comunication over internet) then just flip tv back on console~pc your playing on and then disconnect tv from internet via the tv itself ! Now in from 30seconds to 1 minute your tickrates will stay at the highest it can and you'll see way less fluctuations aka more stable !!! At that time you should start tweaking your upload slidder to optimise your setup and yes we optimise while playing to get accurate results !!! Then to test if it really makes a difference... after you adjjusted your upload slidder and auto ping still show stable 120hz via wifi... just close that web browser on phone and open a web broswer via Lan device and enter Duma Os... you'll see it at 60hz still !!! Close that browser and go back on a wifi browser...duma os and should be at 120hz still stable !!! Then since you want to confirm if it makes a difference... start a match and play for like a minute then connect your tv on internet 5ghz...no need to do anything else... look duma os auto ping stats and boom it's unstable again so continue playing and see the difference !!! There is a huge difference even on a 0-1ms ftth gaming line from Bell Canada and it's more perceptible with other types of lines like cable\dsl\vdsl and\or when your ping base is higher !!!   DON'T ENABLE IPV6...DON'T TOUCH IPV6...DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IPV6... until someone like me confirm it's now perfectly working and not breaking anything !!!

So if youu want to test that you should add every wifi devices on 2.4ghz except for the tv (might work with another device type) and if let's say you have other tvs on setup that might watch netflix youtube ect while you game... then you hook them on 2.4ghz and still only the main tv on the 5ghz that you won't look at while gaming !!! So each time you add a device you should reserve it an ip... so add one and reserve its ip...then add second and reserve ip ect until all added then you apply the reservations (you might want to apply after adding 4-5 devices then add more then apply again then add more ect) Once all your setup devices are hooked and ips reserved... Reboot XR500 !!! You should then power off every devices hooked except pc to finish last steps...

Devices manager : Make sure every devices have proper icon and consoles\pc should all be set as either PLAYSTATION or XBOX but not as game consoles even if we set prio and geo filter as game consoles... if you don't game on pc and don't need to prioritize its traffic then leave pc as PC or as Game console !!!

Qos: top left...burger icon... set bandwidth... enter proper bandwidth for both upload\download and apply. If already done via initial setup so already showing proper bandwidths... change it anyways as it might show you something but the real output is not correlating this infos aka like a speedtest not giving same bandwidth as shown in Qos !!!  Once applied just refresh page and on right side of slidders you'll see proper bandwidths. Now go on Bandwidth Allocation... click on burger icon and set it at DEVICES instead of apps... now untick both share excess and it auto save when you tick\untick them... once both are disabled refresh the page !!! Now you'll see your devices around that ring instead of apps types .... that mean changes have been properly applied ! Now down there in Traffic Prioritization... disable the only one there aka duma os classified games... add your gaming consoles\pc\devices as Gaming Consoles !!! Refresh page and confirm they all there as gaming consoles !!! If you also play on a pc and there is no Gaming Consoles options it's because the pc device type in devices manager is set as pc... so set pc as xbox instead then go add it back in Traffic Prio as Game Consoles... refresh page and confirm !!! Now up there in Congestion Control... set that to Always... put both slidders at below 9 number... you can simply type the number on right side of slidders instead of dragging slidders approx.... so set both at like 6... refresh page... now set it at auto... refresh page... now set both slidders at 70\70 and put in Always mode... refresh page !!! All done so last step...

Geo filter: Set home location in water and drop radius to lowest aka 111km... refresh page.... depending on your ping and location you have to set auto ping... i run 2 setups... one is bell 0-1ms and other is cable 10ms... on 10ms line from Montreal,Qc the best i get is 18ms to 21ms on closest COD dedis aka Providence,Rhodes Islands and New Jersey... so i set my auto ping at 23ms on both setup !!! If we would only play on bell we could drop auto ping to 15ms !!!  So go a bit higher but not by that much and after a couple of matches you should know what is best dedis ping for you on your setup and then lower auto ping to better fit the type of dedis you want to play on !!! You now can test that via Ping Heatmap... ping Modern Warfare as it's the most accurate for us in Americas... ping 2-3 times in a row and take the best ping you get... add couple of ms to it and voilà it's your perfect auto ping setting !!! Anyways if you want to adjust and\or test you always can change those settings !!! Now just add gaming devices up there as Choose Manually and then Filtering !!! Once they all added just refresh page...!!!

Top right...burger icon...REBOOT XR500 !!! Power off pc !!! Once XR500 is rebooted you can start every devices you want and start enjoying your gaming !!!

As of right now if you did everything... your XR500 is perfect and ready to go... i always disable both share excess before every gaming sessions... i disable them then reboot Duma Os routers and start playing.... when gaming is done i re enable both share excess !!! You can play while both share excess are enabled but it will never be flawlessly stable like when disabled so it's up to you !!! Also you shhould test gaming while in Always mode vs while in Auto Mode but without changing slidders... that mean you have to stabilise your xr500 to handle stable 120hz tickrate...then adjust upload slidder until bullets perfectly register.like alllllways  😛 ... don't put download higher than 70 so you can lower it but not go higher...and no need to do that seriously so let download at 70... except if your line really struggle then you might try to lower download !!!  Always higher or lower by +2 -2 ...!!! When insanely optimised... then you can try to switch qos in auto mode vs always mode.... but for best accurate results... when you change that qos mode... you should always reboot router before testing it !!! Please note that rebooting Duma Os routers also UPDATE CLOUD so it's the OPTIMAL PRACTICE to do before gaming sessions !!!

Don't forget you now know how to stabilise the XR500 and you now also know how to PROPERLY setup your setup  ;) !!! So don't forget you always have to re-do my optimisation trick to stabilise xr500 before every gaming session except if you didn't rebooted\hook a 5ghz wifi device on xr500 like you took a break to eat and shits then get back to gaming...then it should still be stable..! But if you stop playing...put back both share excess... enjoyed netflix on 5ghz tv... then you'll need to re-do my trick !!! My trick is doable so easily and takes like 20seconds to do... you just need to enter in the game you want to play... hook tv...make it communicate...disconnect tv... start gaming !!! Just always confirm via wifi device used to manage Duma Os... that you are stable at highest tickrate possible !!! If for whatever reason it destabilise or it didn't work first shot... just do it again !!! You might have to adjust Upload slidder on a daily basis but most likely it will be like a +2 or +4 difference on the upload slidder... might be a bigger difference when changing firmware on router and or depending on game's download updates like some updates modify huge things that impact your experience... also possible isp updates !!! So if bullets are not registering properly... make sure it's still tickrate stable...then adjust upload slidder !!!

We also can set xr500 in simple dhcp with hh3000 but it's not performing good compared to when in ppp0e... so that's why we opt for ppp0e on duma os routers on Bell lines... on cable line it's dhcp but on previous vdsl2 fttn i was also in ppp0e because way better like that !!!  Ppp0e makes you bypass the hh3000 by giving 100% access to Duma Os !!!

Enjoy... take care... Peeeaace !!!  DMC51450

Please can you make your posts more concise this is just way to long to want to read and may  put people off by It's length. :)

Ok so in the end i disabled wifi and dhcp on my bell hh3000 and did pppoe on the xr500. Everything works and open nat on my ps5. The only thing i disabled was the 20/40hz coexistance and dont really know what wmm is so didnt touch any of those settings. Thanks guys for all the input

3 hours ago, AlexType-R said:

Ok so in the end i disabled wifi and dhcp on my bell hh3000 and did pppoe on the xr500. Everything works and open nat on my ps5. The only thing i disabled was the 20/40hz coexistance and dont really know what wmm is so didnt touch any of those settings. Thanks guys for all the input

Enable 20/40 as you don’t want to force 40mhz if you have Neighbouring channels. The more bandwidth the more channels it uses and so if you have other Wi-Fi channels it will cause interference to them and they will cause interference to you. With it ticked the router itself will check and will determine the best bandwidth for you.

22 minutes ago, Newfie said:

Enable 20/40 as you don’t want to force 40mhz if you have Neighbouring channels. The more bandwidth the more channels it uses and so if you have other Wi-Fi channels it will cause interference to them and they will cause interference to you. With it ticked the router itself will check and will determine the best bandwidth for you.

Ok so i enable this and leave the channels for 2.4ghz and 5ghz signals on auto?

sorry not that great in networking. Thanks alot

Edit: just checked and there isn't an option for auto on the 5ghz signal so how do I know which one is best? Do I really choose 153 like what was written in the post or is there something I can use to see whoch one would be best for me?

thanks

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, AlexType-R said:

Ok so i enable this and leave the channels for 2.4ghz and 5ghz signals on auto?

sorry not that great in networking. Thanks alot

Edit: just checked and there isn't an option for auto on the 5ghz signal so how do I know which one is best? Do I really choose 153 like what was written in the post or is there something I can use to see whoch one would be best for me?

thanks

You can use a WiFi analyzer - there is a free one on the Microsoft store for Windows. Use that to scan 5GHz and you'll see a type of graph with what other channels WiFi networks are using. Find the one that is least populated and then change to that one. You can post a screenshot here of what it shows and we can advise. Wouldn't suggest using a DFS channel.

80Mhz for 5Ghz should be fine as it does not have the coverage to cause interference.

DFS has its advantages and downside. I use DFS however if it detects radar it will default to the non DFS channels and you cant change it for 30mins, it will not automatically revert back either, there is also the fact that the WiFi has to check for this so it has to scan. In my case I have neighbours who have a router fairly close so I avoid them to be friendly.

I also found the XR500 was prone to false radar detection where as the router I use now has never encountered one. 

2 hours ago, Newfie said:

80Mhz for 5Ghz should be fine as it does not have the coverage to cause interference.

DFS has its advantages and downside. I use DFS however if it detects radar it will default to the non DFS channels and you cant change it for 30mins, it will not automatically revert back either, there is also the fact that the WiFi has to check for this so it has to scan. In my case I have neighbours who have a router fairly close so I avoid them to be friendly.

I also found the XR500 was prone to false radar detection where as the router I use now has never encountered one. 

Thanks for the tips. I do live in an appartment building with alot of different networks around me so would you suggest that i use one of the higher channels for 5ghz? Also why is there no auto channel option for the 5ghz signal? Thanks

8 hours ago, AlexType-R said:

Thanks for the tips. I do live in an appartment building with alot of different networks around me so would you suggest that i use one of the higher channels for 5ghz? Also why is there no auto channel option for the 5ghz signal? Thanks

Normally due to its range there is little need to monitor the basic non DFS channels. A WiFi analyser will show what is being used around you and then you can pick the best channel that offers less interference. If it’s crowded this is where WiFi 6 comes into play and as you have a PS 5 which is AX  it will benefit from the extra standards that were designed to help work in congested areas. 
of course a lot depends on both router and client but the PS5 uses a NXP chipset 2x2 mimo and rated to a max 1.6 gig connection rate. There is very little tech detail on what it supports but latency is improved and smallnetbuilders have some tests to show this.

Saying that AC is fine for gaming and the chances are on 5Ghz you will not be suffering too many issues.

• Administrators
9 hours ago, AlexType-R said:

Also I just checked and my playstation 5 is on a moderate nat type even though i gave it a static ip adress and placed it in the router on the dhcp settings. help please

Giving the device a static IP doesn't guarantee an open NAT. Where are you checking the NAT Type, in game or in the console settings? If console settings what is the NAT Type specifically?

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Giving the device a static IP doesn't guarantee an open NAT. Where are you checking the NAT Type, in game or in the console settings? If console settings what is the NAT Type specifically?

COD. When I first set it up with just a static ip on my PS5 I had an open nat. Later that night when I checked it was on moderate. After fowarding all the ports it is now open.

I just bought an SFP to ethernet converter. Completly gonna get rid of the bell HH because I feel like there still might be some type of restriction goin on within that router. I only disabled wifi and dhcp but i also read that i should of disabled pppoe on the bell hh router also. 

thanks for all the help i really appreciate it

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, AlexType-R said:

COD. When I first set it up with just a static ip on my PS5 I had an open nat. Later that night when I checked it was on moderate. After fowarding all the ports it is now open.

I just bought an SFP to ethernet converter. Completly gonna get rid of the bell HH because I feel like there still might be some type of restriction goin on within that router. I only disabled wifi and dhcp but i also read that i should of disabled pppoe on the bell hh router also. 

thanks for all the help i really appreciate it

Glad it's all good now, it should be fine in that configuration with the DMZ enabled but the less hops the better generally so hopefully that works fine.

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Glad it's all good now, it should be fine in that configuration with the DMZ enabled but the less hops the better generally so hopefully that works fine.

I never put the xr500 in dmz mode or advanced dmz on the bell hh3000. I just disabled wifi and dhcp on the HH3000. Is that bad lol? I still get pretty good speeds over wifi and open nat on my ps5 with static ip and ports opened.

Also there is a setting in the internet setup for the internet ip adress and im not sure if i should keep it at "Get dynamically from ISP or "Use static IP adress"

thanks alot guys really appreciate all the help

• Administrators
35 minutes ago, AlexType-R said:

I never put the xr500 in dmz mode or advanced dmz on the bell hh3000. I just disabled wifi and dhcp on the HH3000. Is that bad lol? I still get pretty good speeds over wifi and open nat on my ps5 with static ip and ports opened.

Also there is a setting in the internet setup for the internet ip adress and im not sure if i should keep it at "Get dynamically from ISP or "Use static IP adress"

thanks alot guys really appreciate all the help

Ah, you're getting the public IP straight through the XR so what you've changed is correct. As that is the case keep those settings as they are - you're good!

Ok so I bought one of those fiber to ethernet converters and ita not working. I'm connected to my xr500 but there isn't any internet. My setting are connected by pppoe. Anyone know what I did wrong? Did a reboot of the xr 500. Could it be I got a defective box?

you should call Bell.  I don't think you can do that. you absolutely have to enter your Bell ID in a Bell machine. I have the same setup as you. advanced DMZ in my HH3K with ports forwarded, open nat ingame. Bell fibe, in my opinion is not the best connection for gaming on COD. I still have a little delay but with the XR 500 and the QOS help a lot for a good connection stability