R2 won't connect to internet

jamesherz

Hi,

I am trying to setup the R2 I just received and cannot get it to connect to the internet. I am using an ethernet cable and it has established a connection but wont connect to internet. Been reading through forums for hours and tried every potential solution I could find with no luck. I have google home/fiber as my ISP. Would love some assistance with this! :)

-James

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iā€™ll add to this thread. Got mine today, cannot connect via wifi. Went through the IP and set up wizard and it still wonā€™t connect. I have my desktop wired in and have tried everything in the settings I can think of.

A guy named Newfield posted this in another thread. This worked for me!!!

No worries, plug the cable into one of the lan ports, make sure you have connected yourĀ modem into the wan port.

open a browser on your pcĀ and try accessing it with this info.

http://192.168.77.1 or simply addĀ 192.168.77.1

Apparently the routers have incorrect network keys. I was able to access my router, change router name and password, and also see the default password.

Best of luck everyone šŸ‘Ā 

4 minutes ago, Buttabelafonte said:

A guy named Newfield posted this in another thread. This worked for me!!!

No worries, plug the cable into one of the lan ports, make sure you have connected yourĀ modem into the wan port.

open a browser on your pcĀ and try accessing it with this info.

http://192.168.77.1 or simply addĀ 192.168.77.1

Apparently the routers have incorrect network keys. I was able to access my router, change router name and password, and also see the default password.

Best of luck everyone šŸ‘Ā 

HiĀ 

Iā€™m nooby

I have router netduma r2Ā 

Ā 

i also have isp/ router modern my internet provider gave meĀ 

Where do I plug Ethernet cableĀ 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

4 hours ago, Buttabelafonte said:

I just got home from work to open my Netduma R2 and my pc says I'm using the incorrect network key. I typed the key in as shown on the bottom of the router but still nothing. Router won't connect wired devices either.

Same problem here too. Cannot connect to router via the network key. says incorrect

On the initial setup connect the isp modem to the wan port of the Netduma and then use an ethernet cable to connect from your PC/Laptop directly into one of the ports on the Netduma router. on a google chrome or firefox browser type in dumaos/ and it should take you to the setup page.Ā 

The setup will not work via Wifi, I believe that they are working on a fix for that right now.Ā 

For the people that are not getting internet connection after performing the setup, make sure that you are not connected via wifi, sometimes you may think that you are connected via ethernet but wifi might be prioritised.

• Administrators

Good advice above. Connect to the router via ethernet cable to a PC- you won't get internet until you complete the setup wizard. So access the interface in the web browser, then complete the wizard. Once you've done that you can connect wireless devices using the details you set.

That is what I was trying to do - establish a connection via ethernet to just simply access setup wizard but I cant get it to give me internet connection whatsoever

Ā 

It says that it registers the cable is connected to the router but no internet connection

6 hours ago, SlowFoShow said:

On the initial setup connect the isp modem to the wan port of the Netduma and then use an ethernet cable to connect from your PC/Laptop directly into one of the ports on the Netduma router. on a google chrome or firefox browser type in dumaos/ and it should take you to the setup page.Ā 

The setup will not work via Wifi, I believe that they are working on a fix for that right now.Ā 

For the people that are not getting internet connection after performing the setup, make sure that you are not connected via wifi, sometimes you may think that you are connected via ethernet but wifi might be prioritised.

This is what i tried multiple times, tried resetting both routers and unplugging everything as a whole multiple times too. still no luck getting an internet connection withĀ the R2 via ethernet

I haven't been able to access it yet. Everytime I try to go to the /dumaos or the /(IP) it takes me nowhere. I try to connect my pc to the router via wifi and it says incorrect password. Same on my laptop.