R2 won't connect to internet

jamesherz

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Hit retry first, then if it doesn't work click WAN Setup then skip and complete the wizard. Once you are through go to Network Settings > WAN > Network and click apply on the DHCP page, do you get internet then?

22 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hit retry first, then if it doesn't work click WAN Setup then skip and complete the wizard. Once you are through go to Network Settings > WAN > Network and click apply on the DHCP page, do you get internet then?

Ok I was able to connect via Wifi and get into the setup wizard--applied what you said above and am still unable to establish an internet connection via ethernet when plugged into the R2 from my PC. I have the r2 connected via the provided ether cable to my ISP in the blue internet port & my PC connected to the R2 via ethernet cable in the first yellow ethernet port.

• Administrators
51 minutes ago, jamesherz said:

Ok I was able to connect via Wifi and get into the setup wizard--applied what you said above and am still unable to establish an internet connection via ethernet when plugged into the R2 from my PC. I have the r2 connected via the provided ether cable to my ISP in the blue internet port & my PC connected to the R2 via ethernet cable in the first yellow ethernet port.

What is the exact modem/router model you have? Are you able to connect to its interface at all? If so does the R2 show as a connected device?

• Administrators

Okay great so on the R2 go to Network Settings, WAN, Network and switch to static. Enter the IP as appears there, subnet 255.255.255.0 and gateway as the IP you use to access the Google hub, apply and then you may need to reboot but you should get internet after that.

Ok awesome. Just tried that and rebooted and still dont have internet access. There was no IP in the first field so i entered the r2's IP, the subnet you sent, and would the google hub gateway be the WAN IP for the google router? sorry for so many questions!

Update: found the google wifi's static gateway IP and put that in the gateway field- still no internet via ethernet

32 minutes ago, jamesherz said:

Ok awesome. Just tried that and rebooted and still dont have internet access. There was no IP in the first field so i entered the r2's IP, the subnet you sent, and would the google hub gateway be the WAN IP for the google router? sorry for so many questions!

Update: found the google wifi's static gateway IP and put that in the gateway field- still no internet via ethernet

It's letting me adjust geo filters and everything within the duamos interface-I'm just not connected to the R2 wifi or ethernet cable

The r2 has a bug with lan asking for dhcp lease from modem instead of wan. I can reboot and get this everytime. Best thing is leave the wan cable unplugged while you reboot until netduma fix this.

• Administrators

Ah I think you looked at the G hub WAN address, not the LAN IP. What is the LAN IP of the G hub? I'm assuming it is 192.168.86.1 by the looks of that, so enter that into the gateway section on the R2 so static would look like this:

IP - 192.168.86.62
Subnet - 255.255.255.0
Gateway - 192.168.86.1

try that and see if that works. I removed the Ghub IP as its your public IP

9 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Ah I think you looked at the G hub WAN address, not the LAN IP. What is the LAN IP of the G hub? I'm assuming it is 192.168.86.1 by the looks of that, so enter that into the gateway section on the R2 so static would look like this:

IP - 192.168.86.62
Subnet - 255.255.255.0
Gateway - 192.168.86.1

try that and see if that works. I removed the Ghub IP as its your public IP

It worked! just restarted both routers and my PC and it shows connected now via ethernet. However just tried to open up a chrome bowser and it wont load any sites/tried firing up a game on blizzard and it stuck saying its connecting

• Administrators

It is transmitting and receiving packets so quite odd you're not seeing internet. I've just seen you're on an old version, upgrade to https://forum.netduma.com/topic/33236-announcement-new-r2-firmware-30179/?do=getNewComment then do a factory reset and double check the G hub gives you the same IP for the R2 then enter those details into static again and see if it works please

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, jamesherz said:

I went to the link to download and hit download, now everytime i try to open the download and run it, it does nothing. how do i check and see if my software is up to date on the R2 interface?

You have to install it from the interface, there are installation instructions at the bottom of the first post.

On 1/11/2021 at 4:34 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

It is transmitting and receiving packets so quite odd you're not seeing internet. I've just seen you're on an old version, upgrade to https://forum.netduma.com/topic/33236-announcement-new-r2-firmware-30179/?do=getNewComment then do a factory reset and double check the G hub gives you the same IP for the R2 then enter those details into static again and see if it works please

Ok got the update downloaded, did a factory reset, re-entered the static details again, still says connected via ethernet (from my pc to the r2) but still will not let me load a new browser window on chrome.

I tried searching for a firewall to deactivate but couldnt come up with anything. tried googling if g hub had a dmz setting but the only things that came up were putting it in bridge mode or utilizing port forwarding

• Administrators
1 hour ago, jamesherz said:

I tried searching for a firewall to deactivate but couldnt come up with anything. tried googling if g hub had a dmz setting but the only things that came up were putting it in bridge mode or utilizing port forwarding

Could you put it in bridge mode then if possible please and see if that helps?