R2 won't connect to internet

jamesherz

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/16/2021 at 8:27 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

I think what they mean is connect it behind the R2. Is it possible to connect the R2 to what the Google hub was connected to to get the internet?

Sorry for the delayed response on this matter - tried this and still no luck 

11 hours ago, jamesherz said:

Sorry for the delayed response on this matter - tried this and still no luck 

Same issue? Does the R2 System information show sent and received packets since you've tried Fraser's latest suggestion? Or is there no evidence of internet access at all?

16 hours ago, jamesherz said:

When I try to connect the R2 ddirectly to what my other router is connected to it won't even let me pull up the /dumaos page to check and see if its sending and receiving packets

That's interesting, so you're still connected to the R2 via one of it's four LAN ports? Have you tried with both the IP (192.168.77.1) and http://dumaos/?

16 hours ago, jamesherz said:

Has there been other R2 owners with google fiber wifi that have run into this issue before? feel like this shouldnt be this complicated haha

I don't have any experience with Google Fiber personally, but hopefully some other members of the community have

7 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

That's interesting, so you're still connected to the R2 via one of it's four LAN ports? Have you tried with both the IP (192.168.77.1) and http://dumaos/?

Yes, when i connect the internet port to the box that my google router was originally connected to, the R2 cant connect to internet at all. when I connect the internet port on R2 to the google wifi router instead, I am able to connect to internet via wifi, and it shows that there is a connection via ethernet on my pc to the R2, but it says it cannot connect to internet

22 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You won't be able to connect using DumaOS if there is no internet but the LAN IP should work. It may be you need PPPoE or VLAN when directly connecting to that.

How do I find the PPPoE or VLAN? 

• Administrators
50 minutes ago, jamesherz said:

How do I find the PPPoE or VLAN? 

You need to find out if you need it first, it's not something you can just enable as specific details are required. VLAN isn't supported at the moment.

• Administrators
48 minutes ago, jamesherz said:

There is an option within the google wifi app to change to PPPoE - should I try that?

No don't do that, if you have internet already then you don't need it and it would only cause you to disconnect. Check what Internet settings the Google WiFi is already using and see if you can enter them into the R2 to get a connection.

I get zero internet when I plug the R2 into the wall jack that I usually have the google wifi router plugged into. Previously we were able to establish internet via wifi when it was the usual: wall jack--> google router --> R2, but was never able to establish connection via ethernet to my PC.

Do you guys offer any kind of teamviewer support or any kin of live support? Would love to get this setup today as I have had the R2 for about 3 weeks now haha

• Administrators

If you check the Internet Setup page on the XR which we know works and there are any differing settings there then we can copy that over to the R2 to see if it will work that way. We don't unfortunately as we're a small team. There is an issue we're looking at which is probably the reason why it isn't working correctly. I've sent you a PM.

No worries. I feel like I am back to square one as I cannot even access the setup wizard/interface anymore. neither the wifi nor ethernet are giving an internet connection at all.

never was able to get internet via ethernet, but the wifi isn't even allowing internet access now to even access interface

Wish this whole process was more 'plug-n-play' haha

On 1/29/2021 at 4:01 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Did you try my PM? It's likely that it will work properly when we release the next firmware so for the moment it may be best to use it behind the Google WiFi.

I did - For some reason I haven't been able to achieve internet connection over wifi now to the R2 like I was before so I can't access the setup wizard at all

• Administrators
20 hours ago, jamesherz said:

I did - For some reason I haven't been able to achieve internet connection over wifi now to the R2 like I was before so I can't access the setup wizard at all

You don't need an internet connection to access the interface and actually you need to complete the wizard in order to get internet. Can you access 192.168.77.1 via the web browser through ethernet or WiFi?