Wireless devices not obeying "Always" congestion control

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, CRarsenxL said:

Yes I know but it prevents me figuring out which buffer settings are the best Bc every test I run will be inaccurate. 

Do so via ethernet - that is recommended anyway as wireless instability could affect the tests

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators
45 minutes ago, Spitfyre1085 said:

Just confirming that I have observed the exact same behavior that the OP outlined which is quite disappointing as I don't have a lot of upload bandwidth and I need to be able to limit it to prevent buffer bloat. 

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. Are you using IPv6, VLAN, PPPoE, anything like that at all to connect to the internet? What are the settings you're using and what is your exact physical setup?

17 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. Are you using IPv6, VLAN, PPPoE, anything like that at all to connect to the internet? What are the settings you're using and what is your exact physical setup?

Thank you for the warm welcome. 

I'm not using IPv6, VLAN, or PPoE.I have a normal IPv4 residential cable internet connection. I have a simple modem plugging directly into my XR1000 router and no additional networking devices on my network. 

My network only has one wired device, which is my PC, and all other connections are wireless 2.4 or 5 ghz. 

I've tried all of the remedies mentioned earlier in this thread to no avail. 

My wired device obeys my congestion control settings for both upload and download at all times, but my wireless devices on both 2.4 and 5ghz don't obey the congestion control setting for upload. They do however obey my congestion control setting for restricting download speed.

I've double checked and I am on the latest software version available.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Spitfyre1085 said:

Thank you for the warm welcome. 

I'm not using IPv6, VLAN, or PPoE.I have a normal IPv4 residential cable internet connection. I have a simple modem plugging directly into my XR1000 router and no additional networking devices on my network. 

My network only has one wired device, which is my PC, and all other connections are wireless 2.4 or 5 ghz. 

I've tried all of the remedies mentioned earlier in this thread to no avail. 

My wired device obeys my congestion control settings for both upload and download at all times, but my wireless devices on both 2.4 and 5ghz don't obey the congestion control setting for upload. They do however obey my congestion control setting for restricting download speed.

I've double checked and I am on the latest software version available.

Thanks for the information. Go to Settings > Advanced > Advanced WiFi settings, is WMM enabled? If not please enable that and try again

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for the information. Go to Settings > Advanced > Advanced WiFi settings, is WMM enabled? If not please enable that and try again

I don't see that option anywhere in the advanced wifi settings. I see settings for explicit beamforming, MU-MIMO, and Enable AX. All of which are currently turned on. 

Capture.thumb.PNG.4c8bdc5e9d4dcbe94a6b16fad6126928.PNG

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

How exactly are you determining that it's not as good as the R2 in that regard? 

Could you try disabling AX please and see if it adheres then? 

Disabling AX in both the wireless setup and advanced wireless setup did not resolve the issue. 

10 hours ago, Spitfyre1085 said:

Disabling AX in both the wireless setup and advanced wireless setup did not resolve the issue. 

Do you have any custom rules configured in Traffic Prioritisation? When you run a speedtest from a wireless device, do any of the rules in Traffic Prio detect traffic?

4 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Do you have any custom rules configured in Traffic Prioritisation? When you run a speedtest from a wireless device, do any of the rules in Traffic Prio detect traffic?

I don't have any custom rules in traffic prioritization. I monitored while running a speed test and it is not being categorized as gaming data packets. Just to be sure I deactivated the default gaming packet prioritization and the upload speed is still able to exceed the congestion threshold on wifi. 

22 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

22 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Do you think AX mode is messing w the buffer?

• Administrators
11 hours ago, Spitfyre1085 said:

I'm not using armor. I read elsewhere that it can cause issues and I don't need it so I deactivated it. 

Okay thank you, we will try to reproduce it and identify the problem

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay thank you, we will try to reproduce it and identify the problem

For love of god Fraser 😂😂😂 any sort of time frame for the new fw for the xr1000? The .52 is so meh

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, CRarsenxL said:

For love of god Fraser 😂😂😂 any sort of time frame for the new fw for the xr1000? The .52 is so meh

I've sent you a trial firmware in a PM, it's mostly changes from NG though I believe, do a factory reset after - there may be bugs as it is a trial 

Other than that no eta currently.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I've sent you a trial firmware in a PM, it's mostly changes from NG though I believe, do a factory reset after - there may be bugs as it is a trial 

I'd be willing to try the new firmware as well Fraser if you're willing to send it. Thanks so much for all of your tips troubleshooting too. I appreciate it. 

• Administrators
52 minutes ago, Spitfyre1085 said:

I'd be willing to try the new firmware as well Fraser if you're willing to send it. Thanks so much for all of your tips troubleshooting too. I appreciate it. 

Sure thing, sent it your way. As above, factory reset after and expect bugs. 

12 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

can I also try the beta firmware??