How does BufferBloat Work with Xbox?

Jake993

I see there is no Geo Filter profile for Destiny 2 - Xbox....So how can I set BufferBloat just for one specific console? Is this not how it works? Can someone explain? Is it smarter to leave it on "When High Traffic is Detected?"

Thank you!!

13 hours ago, Jake993 said:

I see there is no Geo Filter profile for Destiny 2 - Xbox....So how can I set BufferBloat just for one specific console? Is this not how it works? Can someone explain? Is it smarter to leave it on "When High Traffic is Detected?"

Thank you!!

What firmware version are you on?

It sounds like you could do with an update to the latest version.

1 hour ago, Netduma Liam said:

What firmware version are you on?

It sounds like you could do with an update to the latest version.

I am on .56 I believe. I didn’t like the beta. Could you answer the questions based on the firmware I have now?

• Administrators

Could you clarify what you mean as you mentioned two different features but sounds like you are asking about QoS?

Bufferbloat can be caused by any device and therefore affect all other devices therefore Congestion Control/Anti-Bufferbloat applies to all devices to ensure the best connection for all devices. I'd say to use When High Priority Traffic detected if you have low speeds and don't want to have them throttled all the time and only when you're playing.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you clarify what you mean as you mentioned two different features but sounds like you are asking about QoS?

Bufferbloat can be caused by any device and therefore affect all other devices therefore Congestion Control/Anti-Bufferbloat applies to all devices to ensure the best connection for all devices. I'd say to use When High Priority Traffic detected if you have low speeds and don't want to have them throttled all the time and only when you're playing.

What benefit does bufferbloat have for gaming

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, Jake993 said:

What benefit does bufferbloat have for gaming

Eliminating bufferbloat will prevent lag so rubber banding, delays etc. I would highly recommend you use it, especially if you have a lot of devices in the home/a lot of people using the internet at once as without it they could really cause your game experience to suffer.

34 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Eliminating bufferbloat will prevent lag so rubber banding, delays etc. I would highly recommend you use it, especially if you have a lot of devices in the home/a lot of people using the internet at once as without it they could really cause your game experience to suffer.

Thank you!