Jump to content

Upload ping under load


Jakerod12
 Share

Recommended Posts

Probably the wrong place to start a topic but i do a connection benchmark test and my upload doesnt move from 150+ ms.
I use CC and nothing seems to be working.
Currently using the XR1000 connected to BTHH5 and put Wan IP into BTHH5 DMZ

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Thanks,

Are the numbers you've entered for your max bandwidth accruate? 70 Down 18 up?

Your results suggest there's still an upstream queue and therefore your sliders in CC need to be lowered, however, 65/65 is about what we'd suggest so I'm thinking maybe you get a little less than 70 down 18 up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Thanks,

Are the numbers you've entered for your max bandwidth accruate? 70 Down 18 up?

Your results suggest there's still an upstream queue and therefore your sliders in CC need to be lowered, however, 65/65 is about what we'd suggest so I'm thinking maybe you get a little less than 70 down 18 up.

 

image.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
35 minutes ago, Jakerod12 said:

Im getting these speeds, and when i move them to 65/65 nothing else happens

 

Sorry, I was talking about the positioning of your sliders in CC.

What happens if you reduce them even further, say to 40%?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Sorry, I was talking about the positioning of your sliders in CC.

What happens if you reduce them even further, say to 40%?

My upload packets seem to be way higher than my download, is that what you are on about?
40% and uploads are still higher

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Yes, the results of your ping test under load suggest that the R2 is not in control essentially, the solution to this would typically be to limit the bandwidth further (using the sliders in congestion control). As yours are already at 65%, this normally suggests that the configured speeds are incorrect, but they don't seem to be in your case.

Are you seeing any change in your results if you limit the bandwidth drastically, down to 5% for example?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Yes, the results of your ping test under load suggest that the R2 is not in control essentially, the solution to this would typically be to limit the bandwidth further (using the sliders in congestion control). As yours are already at 65%, this normally suggests that the configured speeds are incorrect, but they don't seem to be in your case.

Are you seeing any change in your results if you limit the bandwidth drastically, down to 5% for example?

Normally i have everything connected to the router, at this moment in time not everything is connected as im just getting it setup.
If i was to put the sliders to 5% then i everyone else would suffer, as there's be like 3mbps for like 10+ devices

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Yes, the results of your ping test under load suggest that the R2 is not in control essentially, the solution to this would typically be to limit the bandwidth further (using the sliders in congestion control). As yours are already at 65%, this normally suggests that the configured speeds are incorrect, but they don't seem to be in your case.

Are you seeing any change in your results if you limit the bandwidth drastically, down to 5% for example?

Ok so after about 5 mins or so, im seeing change but very little and this is set to 10%

Capture.PNG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
3 minutes ago, Jakerod12 said:

Also with this im getting a B in dsl reports

Can you provide a screenshot of this in connection benchmark so I can get a full scope of the figures?

I'm not suggesting you actually use QoS at 10%, I just wanted to see some evidence that Congestion Control was working.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Can you provide a screenshot of this in connection benchmark so I can get a full scope of the figures?

I'm not suggesting you actually use QoS at 10%, I just wanted to see some evidence that Congestion Control was working.

If i set CC to anything these are pretty much the same results -
But set at 20% my download packets are higher than my upload but they are still going up at a fast rate
But this time at 20% my DSL is A+

Capture.PNG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Could you please disable QoS entirely and do another speed test on speedtest.net, they same as before, and send me the results.

To disable QoS entirely, go to the three line menu in Congestion Control and tick 'Disable QoS'

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Could you please disable QoS entirely and do another speed test on speedtest.net, they same as before, and send me the results.

To disable QoS entirely, go to the three line menu in Congestion Control and tick 'Disable QoS'

 

Capture.PNG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

When you do a speedtest.net test with Congestion Control at less than 100% do the results reduce to indicate it is applying? I think the Benchmark test is not working correctly currently on the XR routers, I have brought it to the teams attention so they will be working on that and you can ignore it for now, your connection won't actually be that bad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

When you do a speedtest.net test with Congestion Control at less than 100% do the results reduce to indicate it is applying? I think the Benchmark test is not working correctly currently on the XR routers, I have brought it to the teams attention so they will be working on that and you can ignore it for now, your connection won't actually be that bad.

Yes when i do a speed test with CC used it shows that its applying the speeds.
Just my upload packets are rather high also, compared to download, as Liam said i am having a upload queue and QOS doesnt seem to be working correctly?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
1 hour ago, Jakerod12 said:

Yes when i do a speed test with CC used it shows that its applying the speeds.
Just my upload packets are rather high also, compared to download, as Liam said i am having a upload queue and QOS doesnt seem to be working correctly?

It's a fault on the test, I've seen it recently, if you did a PingPlotter test when the network is saturated with the same QoS settings I doubt you would see it go that high.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It's a fault on the test, I've seen it recently, if you did a PingPlotter test when the network is saturated with the same QoS settings I doubt you would see it go that high.

I mean these packets - 

Capture.PNG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Re-add the PlayStation but choose the default option, that option is for WiFi so if you're playing wired it may not work correctly.

Readd playstation, normal option the apply for wan or no?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  

7 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Thanks,

Are the numbers you've entered for your max bandwidth accruate? 70 Down 18 up?

Your results suggest there's still an upstream queue and therefore your sliders in CC need to be lowered, however, 65/65 is about what we'd suggest so I'm thinking maybe you get a little less than 70 down 18 up.

 

7 hours ago, Jakerod12 said:

 

image.png

Is this the correct Way to set "Bandwidth" inside the R2?

My VDSL plan is 250/40 Mbit DL/UL but effective i get ~270/43 MBit (lil bit more than i pay) - Which Numbers are correct for me? Actually i have 250/40 as 100% and CC i ran on 70%/20% (give me Triple A+)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...