Team,

There is a lot of unnecessary overhead with this OS in regard to QoS and Device Manager. QoS for example should not always dynamic update with the number of devices on the network. I have specific requirements for certain devices. Those devices allocation of bandwidth should not change regardless if there's 5 devices or 100 devices. But QoS on DumaOS does not work this way. Which makes the unnecessary overhead. Meaning when I know there more devices I have to log in and adjust QoS allocation to my specific devices. The second is device manager. Device manager should be manage by device leases. If a device does not renew it's lease then it should fall off the device manager list. Otherwise I have to go in and delete it from device manager list, which affects QoS bandwidth allocation.. 

Resolutions

1. Static bandwidth allocation for QoS for specific devices. The rest will remain dynamic.

2. Device manager drops devices of list if leases aren't renewed.

• Administrators

If you haven't disabled Share Excess then that isn't necessary to do as each device will get what they need if there is excess bandwidth unused but this has been suggested before so will likely be implemented at some point. You want the devices to be completely removed from the manager?

I'll check "Share Excess" when next time I'm on there. As for device manager, yes, I would like the device manager to be sync'd with leases. So when a lease isn't renewed, the device is completely removed from list, unless previously saved.

Ok, yes the "share excess" was on. So I have that off now and will see if this improves performance. But still when devices are added it will adjust allocated bandwidth because allocation is locked to percentages. I would like that have specific devices locked to a specific bandwidth. i.e. Device1 locked at 4mbps upload. So no matter how many devices come online, this devices will have adequate bandwidth for broadcasting. The rest of the devices can use the percentage default. Also, if this method is implemented then share excess can stay on. Thanks and keep up the good work.

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, QloudBased said:

Ok, yes the "share excess" was on. So I have that off now and will see if this improves performance. But still when devices are added it will adjust allocated bandwidth because allocation is locked to percentages. I would like that have specific devices locked to a specific bandwidth. i.e. Device1 locked at 4mbs upload. So no matter how many devices come online, this devices will have adequate bandwidth for broadcasting. The rest of the devices can use the percentage default. Also, if this method is implemented then share excess can stay on. Thanks and keep up the good work.

That is something that has been suggested in the past so its very likely to be implemented in the future.

I have roughly 70 devices online right now. With "Share Excess" off, the difference is definitely noticeable. With this number of devices pulling on resources, the great features you do have are struggling. IMO, QoS with Anti-bufferbloat would be much more effective with the 2 resolutions I suggested at the beginning of this thread. And, I would be able to leave the "Share Excess" feature on. 

Some of the tablets and computers have come to a crawl with "Share Excess" off. My PTSD kicked in and I started hearing dialup tones with "You've Got Mail!" from how slow it's going. lolol

I'm normally 300+ down and 20+ up... The screenshot is from my phone which is currently on our XR700

Screenshot_20201227-113331_Speedtest.jpg