Hi,

I just bought the XR1000 and want to use it for playing fifa 21. I'm located in Australia Perth, and the nearest Fifa 21 servers are in Sydney at the AWS datacenters.

I've currently using the Netgear Nighthawk D7800 Modem/Router for my NBN connection and using the XR1000 as my router. My PS4 Pro is wire connected to the XR1000 via a Cat8 cable.

The issue I have is when I use geo-fencing via the Polygon Method or without and just geo fencing, when trying to play Fifa 21 FUT Friendlies it searches for games in europe/Brazil/US and not in Australia/Sydney. The Ping goes through the roof.

However when playing Div Rivals it seems to work and only restricts the connections to Australia/Sydney/Perth

Below is my setup

image.png.02c8786f27af2332d7b6749548f10ce1.png

My QoS

image.thumb.png.868edebdaacd25670c32938a35660d63.png

image.thumb.png.6c5703a4e0f822f509625fc7e5c829cf.png

image.thumb.png.5846d5adeaee5d3e8ce5fe11f5e1bf39.png

image.thumb.png.366c4c99faefeb4d694040a55cf6a10e.png

Any help on this would be great. I bought the router specifically for this reason.

Anything under 49ms it doesnt find ant games. Also I'm in the east coast of Australia and the Fifa game servers are in the west coast i.e. Sydney. SO my best Ping is 48-49ms. When setting Ping assist to 40ms  their is no games. I've adjusted it back upto 53ms.

Also when can we expect the update for Fifa 21?

11 hours ago, Mike2099 said:

Anything under 49ms it doesnt find ant games. Also I'm in the east coast of Australia and the Fifa game servers are in the west coast i.e. Sydney. SO my best Ping is 48-49ms. When setting Ping assist to 40ms  their is no games. I've adjusted it back upto 53ms.

Also when can we expect the update for Fifa 21?

OK, are you using QoS? I would suggest setting this up as it can also have a very good impact on your matchmaking.

• 5 months later...

Hi Mike, I like in Perth too. I’m thinking of getting netduma.  Did you end up getting improved gameplay in FIFA 21? I’m finding major input lag yet I get a consistent ping of 48. 

• Administrators
38 minutes ago, Matt987 said:

Hi Mike, I like in Perth too. I’m thinking of getting netduma.  Did you end up getting improved gameplay in FIFA 21? I’m finding major input lag yet I get a consistent ping of 48. 

Hey, welcome to the forum!

The router will definitely help you force the closest servers (48ms may be the lowest you can get there) and help to eliminate location congestion to keep your connection stable. Here is a tip you can try without the router as well: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/36390-fifa-strange-gameplay-issues

13 hours ago, Matt987 said:

Champ I don't use the router at all any more. Value for money it's not worth it. My Asus gt-ax11000e does a way better job than the net duma. The router was/is so hyped that the predefined fifa 21 rules on the ping heat map don't even work and don't even have the Sydney servers listed. I had to manually create it. Basically I see this router as a waste of money.

6 hours ago, Mike2099 said:

Champ I don't use the router at all any more. Value for money it's not worth it. My Asus gt-ax11000e does a way better job than the net duma. The router was/is so hyped that the predefined fifa 21 rules on the ping heat map don't even work and don't even have the Sydney servers listed. I had to manually create it. Basically I see this router as a waste of money.

Sorry to hear you feel that way. The servers for FIFA 21 occasionally stop responding to Ping Heatmap for whatever reason so we need to re-classify them from time-to-time. We can do this through a cloud update and have now developed tools to make this easier and faster. If you ever fancy hooking up the XR1000 again, let us know how you get on and we're still here and happy to help.

22 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

The router will definitely help you force the closest servers (48ms may be the lowest you can get there) and help to eliminate location congestion to keep your connection stable. Here is a tip you can try without the router as well: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/36390-fifa-strange-gameplay-issues

Thanks for the link and tips

52 minutes ago, Matt987 said:

Thanks for the link and tips

But that still doesn't solve the issue with Friendly modes in the game when trying to do objectives? When trying to do objectives with the netduma connected, I can't even get a single game, but rivals and champs is fine can get games. I had to always switch to my ASUS GT-AX11000E to do friendlies for objectives. After that decided to stick with the Asus.