Fifa 21 with RX500 KO

scrubosaurus

24 minutes ago, scrubosaurus said:

hello again guys

this problem was making mad, so i decide to do some testing...

i factory reset  my xr500 and im going to start from there with nothing configured...

so, atm with my router on default, my playstation find matches near me 100% of the times, like my ISP router...

ill try to configure one thing and test it after to see whats causing the problem of not finding matches near me...

OK great, let us know how you get on.

In the mean time we are also testing FIFA 21, so hopefully we'll be able to get to the bottom of this issue.

ill just keep track of changes here:

STEP 1 - Factory reset

STEP 2 - QOS: 

DumaOS Classified Games on (Default)

Bandwidth allocation setup for all devices, share upload/download.

STEP 3 - Assign IP to Playstation

STEP 4 - Geo Filter

ADD Device - Playstation 5 - Fifa - Filtering mode

Profile FIFA - Ping assist 0

• Administrators
45 minutes ago, scrubosaurus said:

ok after i did this step, not finding matches near me again

STEP 4 - Geo Filter

ADD Device - Playstation 5 - Fifa - Filtering mode

Don't pick FIFA, choose the manual option instead and see if it works better.

22 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Don't pick FIFA, choose the manual option instead and see if it works better.

get only matches outside the radius

so i guess adding the playstation 5 to geo filter does the exact opposite of the purpose XD

18 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

There is no device added so I can't tell what is happening when you're in game and it isn't working

sry.

this is what i get if i add console to geo filter.

if i remove console from geo filter, i get a match with 15-20 ping

1.png

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Sorry, what I said made no sense. Add that server manually to your allow list, then with Filtering Mode on do you get games within your radius?

so, i add the server that is getting refused because it is outside the radius. after that if i search and find it again, i can now connect, but its outside the radius and with high ping

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, scrubosaurus said:

so, i add the server that is getting refused because it is outside the radius. after that if i search and find it again, i can now connect, but its outside the radius and with high ping

Okay thanks. Have you played the game on another platform that wasn't the PS5 and if so did it work? Does it seem to be a PS5 specific issue do you think? Is there a FIFA 21 demo on PS5?

3 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay thanks. Have you played the game on another platform that wasn't the PS5 and if so did it work? Does it seem to be a PS5 specific issue do you think? Is there a FIFA 21 demo on PS5?

dont think theres a fifa demo...

i had no problems on ps4, i think. i have ps5 from the release day, i cant say 100% for sure, but i think i had no problmes on the beggining. dont know if theres anyone with the same problem on the forum.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, scrubosaurus said:

dont think theres a fifa demo...

i had no problems on ps4, i think. i have ps5 from the release day, i cant say 100% for sure, but i think i had no problmes on the beggining. dont know if theres anyone with the same problem on the forum.

Okay well leave it with me, I've got a PS5 so I'll see if I can test it when I've got some spare time and see what is happening. I do hate football with a passion though 🤣

This isnt specific to the PS5, I have the same issue on PC, it tries to connect me to South Africa, USA, India and somewhere in the Middle East, this only happens in friendlies because its P2P, likely there is no available player nearby so it connects to a random player outside of the filter, weirdly though on my standard router it always connects to low ping games so it must be finding players nearby every time. Something is wrong with the filtering for P2P. Its annoying as sometimes I have to search 30+ times to get someone within my radius. 

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, SlowFoShow said:

This isnt specific to the PS5, I have the same issue on PC, it tries to connect me to South Africa, USA, India and somewhere in the Middle East, this only happens in friendlies because its P2P, likely there is no available player nearby so it connects to a random player outside of the filter, weirdly though on my standard router it always connects to low ping games so it must be finding players nearby every time. Something is wrong with the filtering for P2P. Its annoying as sometimes I have to search 30+ times to get someone within my radius. 

What is your radius set to? P2P should be good, what times of day do you usually play?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What is your radius set to? P2P should be good, what times of day do you usually play?

Just around western Europe, my standard router picks up friendly matches with low ping so I switch to that to finish objectives. If I use the same settings on the server based game modes I have no issue at all. There is definitely a problem as its night and day between the modes.  

11 hours ago, SlowFoShow said:

If you are playing in FUT Friendlies then friendlies are NOT P2P - they use dedicated servers - most of the are just miscategorised by dumaOS as P2P. This seems to be the one f the major issues with Fifa and netduma routers. They said they would "look into this" about 3 months ago - nothing has happened and most likely nothing will happen.... 

Fifa and netduma is a really bad match.. Instead find ur old cheap router and block the servers manually as described here: https://inputdelay.com/blocking-servers/ - that works..... The fifa servers are still bad, but at least then u can choose which servers not to connect to...Fifa will never work properly with ur netduma router

• Administrators
2 hours ago, DoktorHerman said:

If you are playing in FUT Friendlies then friendlies are NOT P2P - they use dedicated servers - most of the are just miscategorised by dumaOS as P2P. This seems to be the one f the major issues with Fifa and netduma routers. They said they would "look into this" about 3 months ago - nothing has happened and most likely nothing will happen.... 

Fifa and netduma is a really bad match.. Instead find ur old cheap router and block the servers manually as described here: that works..... The fifa servers are still bad, but at least then u can choose which servers not to connect to...Fifa will never work properly with ur netduma router

Whether it appears as P2P or a server does not impact how the Geo would filter it so I wouldn't class that as a major problem but more aesthetic. I think it's unfair to say they will never work together as they do, can it be improved? Of course, everything can be.

42 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Whether it appears as P2P or a server does not impact how the Geo would filter it so I wouldn't class that as a major problem but more aesthetic. I think it's unfair to say they will never work together as they do, can it be improved? Of course, everything can be.

Strange - have you then found a better explanation on why about every complaint (and there are many!!!) with the geofilter is why it connects to servers (labeled as peers) outside the filter?
I have spend three months trying to block those servers - it can block most servers that is classified as a dedicated server and not the ones that are as peers (almost all of them hosted by ID3)...

Im glad you say that - then I'm sure you all have been working really hard on fixing the issues the past three months - and i am REALLY looking forward to see the results - hopefully they are worth the wait......