Jump to content

Fifa 21 with RX500 KO


scrubosaurus
 Share

Recommended Posts

Sad days...

I bought RX500 do i could have better connection and control where to connect but...well, today i was searching for matches and i could play 1 in 20 search treys and when i got a match it was sluggish and unresponsive as hell. Seemed weird but since i have my zone setup to Portugal, Spain and UK i thought that was just a bad day. Funny thing, today i have in my home a Mikrotik (RB962UiGS-5HacT2HnT) that i bring home from a client so i decided to give it a go... And with almost 0 configuration, i played Fifa like i have never played in the last years! Game was fast, smooth!!! I could find a game at 1st try every single time and always found matches with 16-20 ping, while on my RX500 was most of the time connecting to US and Africa.

Im sad cause now seems that i have a 130€ brick on my desk...what can i do to make my RX500 feel responsive and fast in Fifa like the Mikrotik?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Killhippie
On 12/12/2020 at 5:02 AM, scrubosaurus said:

Sad days...

I bought RX500 do i could have better connection and control where to connect but...well, today i was searching for matches and i could play 1 in 20 search treys and when i got a match it was sluggish and unresponsive as hell. Seemed weird but since i have my zone setup to Portugal, Spain and UK i thought that was just a bad day. Funny thing, today i have in my home a Mikrotik (RB962UiGS-5HacT2HnT) that i bring home from a client so i decided to give it a go... And with almost 0 configuration, i played Fifa like i have never played in the last years! Game was fast, smooth!!! I could find a game at 1st try every single time and always found matches with 16-20 ping, while on my RX500 was most of the time connecting to US and Africa.

Im sad cause now seems that i have a 130€ brick on my desk...what can i do to make my RX500 feel responsive and fast in Fifa like the Mikrotik?

Use whatever router gives you the best gaming experience.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Were any other devices connected at the time to the internet? If normally you have the Geo-Filter set to that area how are you getting games in the US and Africa, can you provide a screenshot please?

my cell phone. toorow ill try to take those SS

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
21 minutes ago, scrubosaurus said:

My PC, PS5 and smartphone. Had the same connected to Mikrotik

Thanks,

As Fraser said, a screenshot of your configuration would be helpful to troubleshoot here!

It's also worth mentioning that our developers are still working hard to get Geo-filter compatible with FIFA 21, so it's almost certainly going to be getting better, but that shouldn't have anything to do with why you're connecting to servers outside of your radius.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Thanks,

As Fraser said, a screenshot of your configuration would be helpful to troubleshoot here!

It's also worth mentioning that our developers are still working hard to get Geo-filter compatible with FIFA 21, so it's almost certainly going to be getting better, but that shouldn't have anything to do with why you're connecting to servers outside of your radius.

hi Liam. tnks for the input. I know you guys work hard on this, and i did not meant to be disrespectful. was just stating that i notice that difference...when i get home ill send the info 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Can you show us a screenshot of you getting games in the US and Africa please? Apart from the fact that Africa is covered by your radius there is no other reason you should be getting those servers.

sry, dont know if i made myself clear. im not doing the mathces. the game finds a game in the US and blocks it and i get connection blocked. but with the Mikrotik i dont get this matches, i only match ppl  near me, with 20 ping 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
43 minutes ago, scrubosaurus said:

sry, dont know if i made myself clear. im not doing the mathces. the game finds a game in the US and blocks it and i get connection blocked. but with the Mikrotik i dont get this matches, i only match ppl  near me, with 20 ping 

Presumably you're seeing in Geo-filter that its blocking a server from the US? Can you provide a screenshot of Geo-filter showing one of these servers as blocked?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Netduma Liam said:

Presumably you're seeing in Geo-filter that its blocking a server from the US? Can you provide a screenshot of Geo-filter showing one of these servers as blocked?

ill do when i play, but yes, what i see in Geo is contacting US server and blocking it, and that fine. What i sayd was that with the Mikrotik i want even getting this matches, was getting only near me opponents

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Killhippie
On 12/14/2020 at 3:27 AM, scrubosaurus said:

im just posting my experience here because i see other ppl with similar problems.

ty for stating the obvious

You're welcome, have a nice day...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, scrubosaurus said:

between 180 and 250. and with this new setup its harder to get a match, have to search about 50 times

 

are you playing the friendlys mode? i have the same issue when playing friendlys but not when playing rivals. i guess theres not much people playing the friendlys and it tries to match further away

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
13 hours ago, scrubosaurus said:

between 180 and 250. and with this new setup its harder to get a match, have to search about 50 times

 

Things should get much better once we've updated Geo-filter for FIFA 21, we're working on it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...