Cant acquire internet connection after latest firmware update

irving

After the latest firmware I cant acquire internet connection. I performed a hard reset on the R2 as well and cannot get it to connect. Hardwired or WiFi. Please help. 

Thanks in advance, 

Irving

3 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Do you have access to the interface at all? Did you try rebooting the router and or the modem?

Yes I rebooted the router and modem plenty of times. The modem is a  NETGEAR Nighthawk Cable Modem CM1200 & the router is a NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR700. When I access the R2 at the main screen with the normal welcome display. When it comes to try to find an internet connection it fails and displays a message to check my internet connection or service provider. I can't move passed that checking internet connection step. 

Is this an R2 or an XR700? By R2 are you referring to the operating system?

So this is in the setup process of the XR700, following a factory reset presumably?

Is your ISP modem connected to your XR via the yellow 'Internet' port on the back of the unit? 

7 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Is this an R2 or an XR700? By R2 are you referring to the operating system?

So this is in the setup process of the XR700, following a factory reset presumably?

Is your ISP modem connected to your XR via the yellow 'Internet' port on the back of the unit? 

I have both. My R2 is hardwired connected to my XR700. When I first configured my R2 it working from start. The issue is the R2 doesn't receive an internet connection. Yes I'm referring to the operating system for the R2. I don't have an ISP modem I bought my own cable modem which is the NETGEAR Nighthawk Cable Modem CM1200, My XR700 is the only router connected to my cable modem via yellow wire (Ethernet Port). I'm not sure if you guys understand what I'm trying to say but its simply just my R2 device cant acquire internet connection. It worked before the new firmware update.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I would suggest you do modem > R2 (WiFi disabled) > XR (AP mode) so you get the best of both worlds, see if you get a connection in that configuration.

This is my current situation. I disconnected the XR and rebooted the cable modem when only connecting the R2 to the cable modem. I cant get passed this first initial screen. Please view the image attached.

Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 6.31.05 PM.png

In addition ill skip and try to get to the main settings page but cant get passed this screen as well. I click next and does not do anything. Im just stuck.  

Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 7.07.02 PM.png

• Administrators

What web browser/device are you using to access the interface/wizard?

Right click the page, click Inspect Element, go to the Network tab in the window that appears. Click the Disable Cache option and hold the refresh button on the browser until it gives you the option to hard reload and empty cache, click that and try to go to the next screen.