Will you ever release a new version????

Oren Tasuna

This is getting beyond ridiculous, so many problems and still no version, a product at this unstable state should get at least a weekly build, and as it obvious that new version - when it finally comes - will have it's issues, I really don't understand this disrespect to paying customers who thought they bough a stable product and not a beta one.

Hey Oren Tasuna,

We understand the need for consistent updates, but you can understand these things take time to ensure we're releasing updates of the highest possible quality!

We're constantly developing new versions internally, but these are only made public when they've passed a rigorous testing process.

We appreciate everyone's patience and excitement for new developments on the R2 firmware and take feedback from our community very seriously.

7 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Hey Oren Tasuna,

We understand the need for consistent updates, but you can understand these things take time to ensure we're releasing updates of the highest possible quality!

We're constantly developing new versions internally, but these are only made public when they've passed a rigorous testing process.

We appreciate everyone's patience and excitement for new developments on the R2 firmware and take feedback from our community very seriously.

Hi I understand it takes time to develop the firmware but there has been a few now and not a single one has fixed the biggest issue the poor wifi and you say there is rigorous testing before releasing them and the wifi performance is the same as day 1 how can that be 

8 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Hey Oren Tasuna,

Sorry but I don't understand, you give no information on when new version is expected or what it will include, and based on previous update and all it's issues I really can't expect the next one to be stable.

For a product in such an unstable state, there should be a roadmap and a clear timeline of next expected builds and their contents. At the current state of this product we are not consumers who get updates from time time, we are basically QA who provide feedback on the countless issues this product has, and as such the minimum you can do is give periodically builds and not just publish a version every few months. I'm a software engineer and I can assure you this is not how a product at this state should be managed. 

• Administrators
52 minutes ago, scoobypreza said:

Hi I understand it takes time to develop the firmware but there has been a few now and not a single one has fixed the biggest issue the poor wifi and you say there is rigorous testing before releasing them and the wifi performance is the same as day 1 how can that be 

There have been definite improvements to WiFi in the .179 with allowing to adjust the widths, it's definitely helped some people but we know there is still more to do in that regard.

18 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

There have been definite improvements to WiFi in the .179 with allowing to adjust the widths, it's definitely helped some people but we know there is still more to do in that regard.

Well I haven't seen any improvements to wifi. Its actually a lot worse for me 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, scoobypreza said:

Well I haven't seen any improvements to wifi. Its actually a lot worse for me 

Please take a look at the first post of this topic and provide us with answers to the questions please so we can better resolve the issue: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/33667-having-disconnect-issues-please-post-here/#comments

I have gone over the issues so many times poor signal strength and for aweek now the link speed when you check on WiFi quality is 30mbps when it used to be 650+ i have reset and re installed the firmware a few times makes no difference 

8 minutes ago, scoobypreza said:

I have gone over the issues so many times poor signal strength and for aweek now the link speed when you check on WiFi quality is 30mbps when it used to be 650+ i have reset and re installed the firmware a few times makes no difference 

Could you at least supply the data I requested on your other post please.

I'm not sure what else you need i have said the network link speed on all my devices 30mbps when I check with the same devices on my tp link the link speed is 700+ plus my ping and jitter on the r2 are crazy high

I’m really sorry but an AC1200 router will never reach those speeds on WiFi, even AX routers struggle to hit a high, I could only achieve 630 on a top tier AX router with my AC iPad Pro when testing its max throughput and the R7800 which has great wifi would not manage a gig on WiFi. AX promises the next leap but we are talking AC1200 here.
I have seen at max a connection of 450Mbps, that’s not bad to be honest on the R2. 700Mbps on a max rate of 866Mbps would be mighty impressive.

if you could try to answer my questions on the other thread we can see what’s going on for you.

• Administrators
35 minutes ago, scoobypreza said:

There are 9 questions on that topic and 2 requests for specific router diagnostics and being that specific will help us to work on the issue.