Double NAT on Xbox and no ipv6

Hi me again (sorry)! So I've just regained access to my xr700, I seem to have solved the 'double nat detected' issue on the Xbox but it's now only registering ipv4 and not ipv6. I've done a lot of searching and can't seem to find a solution that works. I also can't seem to hear any party chat now, which may be a coincidence. 

Any ideas on this would be greatly appreciated!

I dont think the XR700 is fully compatible for IPV6 yet.. I could be wrong on that but if you are going to try and enable IPV6 on the XR700 I would disable QoS then try it.. My understanding was anything that isnt running DumaOS 3.0 ones IPV6 wouldnt work correctly.. I could be wrong on that.. Im sure Netduma will chime in for you to give better clairification..

Thanks!

Zippy.

Ah ok, so that explains why I had ipv6 all the time I couldn't access the xr700 and now I can it's gone. I have enabled ipv6 in the advanced settings and set it to autoconfig on everything. It's also on 6 to 4 tunnel. 

As far I was aware it was all enabled when I got it. 

So more in this subject, I'm still getting double NAT, I drop out of Xbox parties about half hour into a session and the gaming performance is almost as bad as when I had just the standard ISP modem.

Strange that the xr700 isn't capable of ipv6 but has a dedicated section for it. I bought it thinking it was relatively recent tech

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Stiffryan said:

So more in this subject, I'm still getting double NAT, I drop out of Xbox parties about half hour into a session and the gaming performance is almost as bad as when I had just the standard ISP modem.

Strange that the xr700 isn't capable of ipv6 but has a dedicated section for it. I bought it thinking it was relatively recent tech

It is capable of IPv6, we just haven't optimized for it on our part of the software. What is your exact physical setup? Have you added your friends to your allow list on the Geo-Filter?

Ah I see, are you in the process of doing that? I have my Xbox one X, directly next to that is the ISP modem and then about a foot away from those is the xr700 linked with ethernet cables. 

I have done some digging and found out how to allow connections, this seemed to sort the problem. I only did that for one of my friends and it seems to have worked for everyone.

• Administrators
40 minutes ago, Stiffryan said:

Ah I see, are you in the process of doing that? I have my Xbox one X, directly next to that is the ISP modem and then about a foot away from those is the xr700 linked with ethernet cables. 

I have done some digging and found out how to allow connections, this seemed to sort the problem. I only did that for one of my friends and it seems to have worked for everyone.

Yes with 3.0 it should be more optimized. That's great news, well done for sorting it, please do keep us updated.

Good stuff, I shall keep my eyes peeled for that! Thanks very much, I will do.

The only thing I don't seem to have sorted is the "double NAT detected" on the Xbox. It's always there when I switch it on and then it says all is well when I test the NAT type on the console. I have tried choosing both secure and open NAT in the router settings.

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Stiffryan said:

That has sorted the issue! Do you know which ip I should be putting in the DMZ section on the nighthawk? 

Great to hear that! You don't have to put anything there but if you're struggling to get an open NAT on console then you would put the Xbox IP in the DMZ. I would suggest changing NAT to Open instead as it'd be more secure but still give you an open NAT.

I did set my NAT to open a few days ago and that did help the issue I was having. This evening I disabled the DMZ setting on the nighthawk and all of a sudden I seemed to be getting ridiculous ping in my games. I have since switched it back on and the ping seems to have stabilised again.