Netduma R2 feet to stop over heating.

Hi everyone,ill start of by saying, when I first got my R2 I noticed it got quite hot underneath, due to the vents being at the bottom. However I came up with a great fix. So what I did was I purchased some SUGRU, I wont say where as I wouodnt want to advertise a company on this forum. However its easily obtainable. The sugru is a mouldable glue like playdoe and hardens.it only requires just 1 small sachet to make the 4 legs which costs under £2.  Having longer feet is also perfect for anyone using there R2 on top of there XR500 as I know im using my XR500 for the wifi :) I didnt want to permanently have my legs fixed onto my R2 so just before they hardened I removed them. And purchased some small 12.5mm round flat velcro pads, so that I can attach or detach the legs anytime I want, i chose this way as the velcro is just a tiny small sticker and doesnt void warranty in anyway as its not been opened or modified  Ps these pics are before I added the velcro pads as they haven't arrived yet. (PLEASE SEE ATTATCHED PICS) 

20201113_174048.jpg

20201113_174031.jpg

20201113_174005.jpg

20201113_173938.jpg

18 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Wow that is absolutely amazing haha, brilliant ingenuity! Thanks for sharing this, I'll be showing this to the team too!

Thanks fraser l, BTW of you happen to have a logitech g13 that you wanted to have an easy mode for the small joystick then I have a good mod I made. I basically used sugru and different sized analog grips. So I first put the sugru into the first smaller grip and put that onto to original joystic making sure it mouled all around and left that to dry for 24 hours. The good thing is the original joystic is like sort of a round triangilat shape so it mould around it good. Now as the first grip I moulded on was a nontendo switch grip I was then able to firmly secure to to other grips as an when needed making this now a secure firm 3 tier custom joystic at 3 different heights, please see link attatched here is my custom mod on my youtube channel 

if you ever want me to help with any kind of design or mod, I used to be a tech for many companies including Sony so I would prototype and design or build. 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, CableGames22 said:

any performance increase from doing this 

I doubt it as it’s just helping with the airflow. It might help avoid a shutdown due to heat in a hot environment. CPUs tend to throttle when it’s getting too hot.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/1/2021 at 10:57 AM, Newfie said:

I doubt it as it’s just helping with the airflow. It might help avoid a shutdown due to heat in a hot environment. CPUs tend to throttle when it’s getting too hot.

Hi yes your right it does help stop shutdown due to airflow. My router in above a radiator of which I have on full blast every day and its also on top of my XR500 and right I front of my ps4 and monitor and modem also I have 2 monitors below  it so I have alot of heat in this area aswell as the r2 usually being so flat. I have never had 1 shut down problem or performance problem. The reason I made my own feet is because I wanted the shape how I wanted them to fit in with the design also I wanted the feet bottoms at a slight slope as it sits into of my xr500 which isn't a flat surface :) 

Guest Killhippie
10 hours ago, starlord2687 said:

Hi, I really don't understand your question as they are bigger rubber feet. 

I don't usually have to reply to a rhetorical question but here goes. Bigger rubber feet from the factory, not a third party add on. The feet should have been thicker to allow more airflow from the outset in my opinion without adding a third party option to fix a possible manufacturing issue.

I would then  just like to point out that it was then a pointless question that had a question mark on it? Indicating it was,, hence a question, and so I answered it. However my reply (i quote) was NOT a question & neither did I put a question mark on it (unquote) so you actually had no reason to reply, unless it was a silly question to get a response now thats something to think about. Maybe it was  better asking your rhetorical question to netduma as they are the manufacturers not me. However I do think many would agree bigger feet should have been on there thats not rocket science, neither is it rocket science to know its cheaper and less timely to put my own on. However I think constructive criticism is part and parcel of all discussions. Have a good day. 

Killhippie first response was to point out that just maybe it should have had better airflow. I’m sure the team at Netduma took notice and if any revisions are required they will go ahead if issues point to problems associated with heat/air movement. 
Are you having any issues so far?