Netduma R2 Bell Canada

Rustyw

Hello,

I have a pretty bad internet connection (Hub 3000)100mbps download/10mbs upload and a ton of devices connected.Will netduma R2 help me improve my COD gaming experience?I I play on PS4 pro. All advices are welcome,I am new on this.

Thank you

Rusty

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

We can definitely help you eliminate local congestion from all the devices that you have and help you force the local servers that are closest to you so I do think it will help you with your situation to get the best possible game experience.

Thank you for your reply.One more thing,regarding the connection;I must only plug the netduma R2 into my router(hub 3000) and then I will connect all the other devices(wired and wifi) to netduma r2 only?

Right now my ps4 its wire-connected to the router(hub 3000) and I will like to keep the ps4 wire connected to the new router(netduma r2),it is possible?

Once again,I apologize for the noob questions.

Thank you

Rusty 

Hello @Rustyw

Actually i'm with Bell Fibe Canada, 1 g up and 750 down, My PC, PS4 and other devices is connected direct on My R2 router and the R2 is wired with HH3K.  inside de HH3K I put R2 in DMZ mode and UPNP and WIFI disabled.

The Geofilter and QoS will help you, I have better gameplay with R2 than only with the HH3K,

sorry for my bad english, I'm french Quebecois 

I believe that you have to make sure the modem/router needs to be on bridge mode so that when you install the R2 then it will be a easier.

3 hours ago, DanyKTM said:

Hello @Rustyw

Actually i'm with Bell Fibe Canada, 1 g up and 750 down, My PC, PS4 and other devices is connected direct on My R2 router and the R2 is wired with HH3K.  inside de HH3K I put R2 in DMZ mode and UPNP and WIFI disabled.

The Geofilter and QoS will help you, I have better gameplay with R2 than only with the HH3K,

sorry for my bad english, I'm french Quebecois 

Bonjour DanyKTM,

Unfortunately I do not have the possibility to have higher speeds.Please explain why should I disable the wifi,since I have alot of other devices in the house  that needs wifi(tv,phones tablets,etc)?Whats DMZ and UPNP?

Thanks,

Rusty

2 hours ago, jongc said:

I believe that you have to make sure the modem/router needs to be on bridge mode so that when you install the R2 then it will be a 

Is there an installation guide that comes with the router?There are any good instalation youtube videos to watch?I could only find videos about netduma.r2 software,nothing about the hardware conections.Whats with the bridge?

Thanks

Rusty

Thanks

@Rustyw

I say this because if you plug the router R2 into the HH3K modem, I suggest you stop using the HH3K, ideally you should put it in bridge mode, but we can't. So by placing the router in DMZ and by disabling the WIFI and UPNP you will be able to have an optimal connection.

20 minutes ago, DanyKTM said:

@Rustyw

I say this because if you plug the router R2 into the HH3K modem, I suggest you stop using the HH3K, ideally you should put it in bridge mode, but we can't. So by placing the router in DMZ and by disabling the WIFI and UPNP you will be able to have an optimal connection.

Merci beaucoup DanyKTM,

I just order my netduma r2 tonight.I hope the installation will not be to complicated.I will sure follow your advise.

Thanks 

Rusty

Hello 

I got my netduma r2 today,it works great,however I dont know how to get an Open Nat.I play COD on PS4,have a HUB3000 from Bell Canada with TV service.

I googled alot in the past hours to find out how ,but I could not find any step by step instruction for my specific hardware.Can somebody help me?

Thank you,

Rusty

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Rustyw said:

Hello 

I got my netduma r2 today,it works great,however I dont know how to get an Open Nat.I play COD on PS4,have a HUB3000 from Bell Canada with TV service.

I googled alot in the past hours to find out how ,but I could not find any step by step instruction for my specific hardware.Can somebody help me?

Thank you,

Rusty

I'm not sure on what settings it has exactly but it does have WiFi so it's not a pure modem. The TV probably has to stay connected to the hub which is fine. Therefore access the R2 and copy the WAN IP from the System Information page. Then access the hub and find the DMZ feature, most likely in Security or Firewall settings, potentially LAN/WAN also, then put that IP in and you should get an Open NAT.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I'm not sure on what settings it has exactly but it does have WiFi so it's not a pure modem. The TV probably has to stay connected to the hub which is fine. Therefore access the R2 and copy the WAN IP from the System Information page. Then access the hub and find the DMZ feature, most likely in Security or Firewall settings, potentially LAN/WAN also, then put that IP in and you should get an Open NAT.

Thank you very much,it worked.

Another thing  not related to NAT. Since I connected my smart Samsung TVs to netduma,I can't no longer watch livestreams on the TV's Internet Browser.If I re-connect to the ISP wi fi they work.The ad blocker its not activated on the netduma.Can you help me fix this issue?

Thanks

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, Rustyw said:

Thank you very much,it worked.

Another thing  not related to NAT. Since I connected my smart Samsung TVs to netduma,I can't no longer watch livestreams on the TV's Internet Browser.If I re-connect to the ISP wi fi they work.The ad blocker its not activated on the netduma.Can you help me fix this issue?

Thanks

Are you using WiFi in mirror mode? If so disable that, give 2.4/5GHz different names then connect manually to one of them and see if it works please.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you using WiFi in mirror mode? If so disable that, give 2.4/5GHz different names then connect manually to one of them and see if it works please.

Sorry,but I don't know what is WIFI mirror mode.Can you please explain or tell me where should I check that?In the Netduma software?

Thanks

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes in Settings > WiFi on the router interface. It combines 2.4/5GHz into one network name for you to use, disable this, rename them, then connect to one or the other.

Well,I did exactly as you said and I connected to both of them separately but it still doesn't work with either of them.More than that I switched back the settings and I had to reconnect again manually to wifi all the other 40 devices....

57 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What actually happens when you try to watch a livestream? Does it continually buffer, throw an error? If you disable QoS fully from the Congestion Control 3 line option menu does it work then?

Yes it is buffering for a while,then it stops.No error displayed.However, I did what you said,I disabled QoS and the livestreams work.

What should I do to be able to have my livestreams workings on my samsung Tv's Internet browser and in the same time to keep the QoS enabled?

Thanks

Rusty

• Administrators

Okay good. Now the most likely part that is causing the problem is Traffic Prioritization. So re-enable QoS but disable DumaOS Classified Games on Traffic Prio and just add the consoles etc manually. See if the TVs continue to work then please.

Okay good. Now the most likely part that is causing the problem is Traffic Prioritization. So re-enable QoS but disable DumaOS Classified Games on Traffic Prio and just add the consoles etc manually. See if the TVs continue to work then please.

Hi,

I did what you recommended,however there is no change,same problem.

Thanks

Strange. In Traffic Controller, make a rule to allow ALL traffic to the TV and see if that helps please.

I follow your instructions,same thing nothing changed.

Besides the livestreams not working,some ads are missing(not showing)from my livestream websites.

FYI:I plugged a firestick in the same tv and use the firestick browser and the livestreams work just fine.

What should i try next?

Thanks