New Firmware? (Last thread was "inexplicably" closed)

Raikun

Title says it all. 

@Netduma Fraser A bit more transparency and less closing threads that aren't even close to being uncivil or insulting.

We bought a new version of a product, knowing full well of the sketchy update history of previous iterations (still stuck in Beta for R1 I believe?), and yet again, we find ourselves waiting for new firmware on a device which is less than 6 months old.

Not demanding for anything, just clarity for your customers. That's all.

Interested as well, 

Purchased the R2 when it came out and I've been getting somewhat inconsistent wired connection as well as wireless connection considering I'm in a 720 foot square Apartment.

I have 1Gbit connection, and although I've been getting in the upper 800s which is fine, and been getting close servers when playing COD Modern Warfare, I just feel the connection isn't consistent because I keep getting the good ol' Squares (Packet Loss) on the left of my screen.

I'm just hoping the update fixes the issues with the wireless aswell as optimizing the wired connection.

• Administrators

I am asked every single day where a firmware is, I give my best estimate, there is a delay, people get frustrated. I took the comments on board from the last topic and so I am not going to provide an estimate unless I'm 99.9% sure it will be available by that date. In the meantime if you're having issues I am happy to provide interim firmware which is what I have been doing so that people have at least some improvements.

@DJxLight Hey, welcome to the forum! 

I'd suggest making a new post regarding the game as it is more likely you need to optimize your settings. I've sent you a PM anyway.

2 minutes ago, JoeGantic said:

Can we at least get a ballpark idea for planning purposes?

Are we looking at months, years, never?

JoeGantic

That's my issue. I don't think anyone here blames Fraser for any delays, but sadly he's the only face we come in contact to, so we resort to pinging him for updates. I'd love to get a Dev in here and at least acknowledge the need for information, I mean, If you take your car to the shop, you might be greeted by a salesperson, but you need answers from the mechanic.

Edited by raikun
Edited for clarity

• Administrators
58 minutes ago, JoeGantic said:

Can we at least get a ballpark idea for planning purposes?

Are we looking at months, years, never?

JoeGantic

I passed on the consensus that people are getting frustrated and they're trying to get one out as soon as possible.

6 minutes ago, DJxLight said:

@Netduma Fraser

Glad to be a part of the Forum!

I received your PM and when updating, I've been stuck on the "Update in Progress" for about 15 minutes now.

Any solution besides Factory Resetting?

Refresh the page and it should have updated, if you did it over wifi then it is probably waiting for you to reconnect to the WiFi.

5 minutes ago, Snipingzom said:

Can i get a interim firmware before my wife flip out again because the internet isn't acting right 

Sent PM.

14 minutes ago, Snipingzom said:

Can i get a interim firmware before my wife flip out again because the internet isn't acting right 

This for real. My roommates are gonna make me pitch this thing, I made comment on the last thread that was inexplicably closed, but no one reached out.

Rapps error out "This Rapp is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute." forcing me to restart this hunk of plastic daily, signal drops out at least once a day (DHCP is already 168), and there's various bugs in the UI not limited to the Adblocker where I have to disable it entirely since I can't disable specific devices.

Time for a hotfix or time to take to Trustpilot, SiteJabber, Consumer Reports, and other SEO heavy review sites so people can make more informed purchase decisions when they go to Google this router.

• Administrators
58 minutes ago, Neroxnex said:

This for real. My roommates are gonna make me pitch this thing, I made comment on the last thread that was inexplicably closed, but no one reached out.

Rapps error out "This Rapp is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute." forcing me to restart this hunk of plastic daily, signal drops out at least once a day (DHCP is already 168), and there's various bugs in the UI not limited to the Adblocker where I have to disable it entirely since I can't disable specific devices.

Time for a hotfix or time to take to Trustpilot, SiteJabber, Consumer Reports, and other SEO heavy review sites so people can make more informed purchase decisions when they go to Google this router.

Sent PM. I've sent it to a lot of people, if you don't ask for it then I may think I've already sent it. You can disable specific devices, it just won't appear they're disabled, fixed in later firmware.

54 minutes ago, DJxLight said:

@Netduma Fraser

I'm on a Wired Connection, still says I am on Version R2 3.0.123.

Reboot then try upgrading immediately.

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Sent PM. I've sent it to a lot of people, if you don't ask for it then I may think I've already sent it. You can disable specific devices, it just won't appear they're disabled, fixed in later firmware.

Thanks for the PM. I'll check it out. Appreciate the help nonetheless. 🙏

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, BoRiS GB said:

@Netduma Fraser Hi Fraser, I am currently using Firmware V3.0.129 and I'm getting consistent dropouts and disconnects on all devices using 2.4ghz on WIFI. Would this firmware update you are sending to people also help me aswell?

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Yes it should help, I've PMd you.