My Wifi Speeds Are Slow

stvbdkd

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, GiorgosTT said:

That's exactly what I've been thinking too. 

Every device connected to R2, never ever had any issue. 

What is more weird is that my upload speed is ok. Only download seems to suffer. And it's not stable, i mean during the test it goes up and down, while the upload speed is stable. 

Anyway, if you come up with something else, let me know and I'll test  it. Thank you for your time and support!

Yeah that is very odd, I will have a think and come back to you if I have anything

On 10/10/2020 at 8:00 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. WiFi is something we have been working on really hard, I have sent you a PM which should give you better performance in the mean time.

can you send me it please

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2021 at 9:35 AM, Netduma Liam said:

This would've been a beta firmware that's now outdated. If you're having some troubles with your speeds, please create a new topic and we can gladly help! :) 

on my isp router 30m cat 7 im getting 920 mbs download 110 up 0n netdumma r2 same config wired 630-650 and 110 up when i reboot router and do speed test straigh aways it showed 740-750 ish quite weird

10 hours ago, dylank112 said:

on my isp router 30m cat 7 im getting 920 mbs download 110 up 0n netdumma r2 same config wired 630-650 and 110 up when i reboot router and do speed test straigh aways it showed 740-750 ish quite weird

Do you have QoS configured? If you completely disable QoS from the three-line menu in Congestion Control, do speeds improve?

8 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Do you have QoS configured? If you completely disable QoS from the three-line menu in Congestion Control, do speeds improve?

im only getting 630-650 wired with qos off set it to about 570 ish my netdumma is conected through an ethernet port on my new bt router is that maybe the speed loss

7 hours ago, dylank112 said:

im only getting 630-650 wired with qos off set it to about 570 ish my netdumma is conected through an ethernet port on my new bt router is that maybe the speed loss

its weird tho because i rebooted my netdumma and then got 750 mbs i done the speed test as soon as it rebooted then backdown to 650 with qos off

12 minutes ago, dylank112 said:

its weird tho because i rebooted my netdumma and then got 750 mbs i done the speed test as soon as it rebooted then backdown to 650 with qos off

Are there any other devices connected to the BT hub? Or are all devices on the network connected to the R2? 

How are you measuring these speeds? In Connection Benchmark or through a third party speedtest?

7 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Are there any other devices connected to the BT hub? Or are all devices on the network connected to the R2? 

How are you measuring these speeds? In Connection Benchmark or through a third party speedtest?

everthing conected to netdumma and conection benchmark and speedtest.net

i seen something about ip adress and mac adress and stuf will and that help changing it to the bt routers stuff

6 minutes ago, dylank112 said:

everthing conected to netdumma and conection benchmark and speedtest.net

Are Connection Benchmark and Speedtest.net showing the exact same thing?

Changing the MAC address of the R2 won't make a difference as far as I'm aware. You could try reserving the IP for the R2 from the BT hub interface, then put this IP in the BT DMZ.

Reboot the R2 after this and see if speeds improve.

6 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Are Connection Benchmark and Speedtest.net showing the exact same thing?

Changing the MAC address of the R2 won't make a difference as far as I'm aware. You could try reserving the IP for the R2 from the BT hub interface, then put this IP in the BT DMZ.

Reboot the R2 after this and see if speeds improve.

yeh they are both showing the same thing ill try it

im wondering can i plug my netdumma straight into bt wall socket the ftth one or does it have to be through bt router

my conection benchmark just said 608 i put the network setting from 650mbs to 1gbs and now im up about 670mbs qos qos disabled i seen 800 but its for 710-800 now all i done was change the network speed settings in the router is my router possibly faulty

50 minutes ago, dylank112 said:

im wondering can i plug my netdumma straight into bt wall socket the ftth one or does it have to be through bt router

If there's something above that handling modem functionality then yes, but if not then you'll need the BT hub in modem/bridge mode or using the configuration I suggested with the DMZ.

8 minutes ago, dylank112 said:

my conection benchmark just said 608 i put the network setting from 650mbs to 1gbs and now im up about 670mbs qos qos disabled i seen 800 but its for 710-800 now all i done was change the network speed settings in the router is my router possibly faulty

This tells us that the R2 isn't getting full speeds from the BT, so the R2 isn't the problem. Have you tried a different cable from the R2 to the BT?

18 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Input the speeds you actually expect into the R2 so you're not limiting it yourself. The DMZ made your speeds slower? 

no the dmz didnt do much im expecting about 920mbs download but the lower i set download speed it goes lower so 1gigabit gets me to about 800 then when i go down it gets lower

18 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Input the speeds you actually expect into the R2 so you're not limiting it yourself. The DMZ made your speeds slower? 

something must be wrong because my conection benchmark says about 600-630 but no qos just straight through speedtest.net is 750 wifiman about 720 something must be up with my netduma

9 minutes ago, dylank112 said:

something must be wrong because my conection benchmark says about 600-630 but no qos just straight through speedtest.net is 750 wifiman about 720 something must be up with my netduma

They are working hard to improve the connection benchmark, like all software it needs some tweaking here and there. 

16 minutes ago, dylank112 said:

I would rely on Speedtest.net for an accurate results as currently, Connection Benchmark doesn't always give the most accurate results.

5 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

I would rely on Speedtest.net for an accurate results as currently, Connection Benchmark doesn't always give the most accurate results.

okay still weird why im loosing upto 220 mbit throught a 1m etherent to the netdumma

• Administrators

In that case for some reason it seems only capable of between 6-800 Mbps on your connection. You could try without the BT hub and letting the router handle PPPoE instead and see if you get any higher

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/4/2021 at 9:16 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

In that case for some reason it seems only capable of between 6-800 Mbps on your connection. You could try without the BT hub and letting the router handle PPPoE instead and see if you get any higher

but im getting 920 on other routers

and can my netdumma plug straight into my wall box

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
22 minutes ago, dylank112 said:

i tried it but it wasnt getting wifi i dont think do i have to set anything up to do that 

The R2 should still produce WiFi when plugged in, do you mean you had no internet on WiFi or the R2 WiFi wasn't available to select?