My Wifi Speeds Are Slow

stvbdkd

5 hours ago, GiorgosTT said:

I've been facing a similar issue lately and i would like some help.

2 mobile phones, one console get max speed while in wifi connection. Laptop hardly gets 0.7 mbps. I tested it on a different router and works fine, so no hardware or software issue.

I've tried disabling add blocker, QoS but nothing changed. I have separated the 2.4 and 5 Ghz channels.

I'm running on 3.0.279 firmware, which has been absolutely stable for me since i bought the router.

@Newfie, @Netduma Liam Any help will be appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Is the laptop connected via Wi-Fi too? What Wi-Fi channel is the Laptop connected to? How did you disable QoS to test this? I'd suggest doing so from the three-line menu in Congestion Control.

Laptop is connected via wi fi.

I've tried all available channels but nothing seems to work. Besides i libe in a remote area so there is only my network running around. 

In order to disable QoS, I entered the Duma OS menu and selected "never" in the QoS menu. 

Can you show me a picture of the three line menu? Keep in mind that I'm on the previous Firmware, so i may not have it.

45 minutes ago, GiorgosTT said:

Laptop is connected via wi fi.

I've tried all available channels but nothing seems to work. Besides i libe in a remote area so there is only my network running around. 

In order to disable QoS, I entered the Duma OS menu and selected "never" in the QoS menu. 

Can you show me a picture of the three line menu? Keep in mind that I'm on the previous Firmware, so i may not have it.

It's in the top left of Congestion Control, click it then you can see the 'Disable QoS' tick box.

image.png

We ask that you do this so we can rule out that the issue is with QoS altogether pretty much.

1 hour ago, GiorgosTT said:

I disabled the QoS completely and still my soeed is low. 

I even updated my firmware to 3.0.205. still no good. 

Any other suggestions?

How are you testing the speeds?

In Device Manager, is the Laptop connected via the 2.4 or 5GHZ network?

27 minutes ago, GiorgosTT said:

Benchmark test in duma OS, shows the full speed of my connection. 

https://speed.measurementlab.net/#/

This is online speed test shows 0.5 Mpbs. Also web sites are loading extremely slowly.

Laptop is connected using 2.4 GHz. Network card can't connect to 5Ghz network.

OK, and what speeds are you getting exactly when you connect to your other router?

The fact that only one device is seeing this issue suggests it's not an issue in DumaOS, though you could try disconnecting the Laptop, remove it from Device Manager in DumaOS and then reconnect again?

• Administrators
40 minutes ago, GiorgosTT said:

Mirror mode is disabled and i connect to the 2.4 Ghz network. Network card can't connect 5 GHz networks. 

Can you change 2.4GHz to 40 width please and see if the speeds increase?

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I can't see what else we could possibly change - for some reason these two devices seem to conflict with each other but for what reason I don't know yet

That's exactly what I've been thinking too. 

Every device connected to R2, never ever had any issue. 

What is more weird is that my upload speed is ok. Only download seems to suffer. And it's not stable, i mean during the test it goes up and down, while the upload speed is stable. 

Anyway, if you come up with something else, let me know and I'll test  it. Thank you for your time and support!