DumaOS can’t detect internet connection? Asking for DHCP?

mik3617legend

It was working fine until I could no longer access my DumaOS so I tried resetting it. I did so reading and tried a factory reset and resetting my modem multiple times. DumaOS said “couldn’t detect internet connection” and directed my to manually type in DHCP and other identifiers....

This happens to me everytime I reboot netduma which leaves everybody in my house withot internet for a while. If I connect my old router works instantly, also connecting my cable modem to my pc works perfect. But with netduma takes a lot of time to obtain the WAN IP and when it does, does not browse!

I get it to work by turning on netduma first with all  Lan cables disconnected, then connect first one lan and wait few seconds, then connect the WAN and wait a while. 

I have factory reset and only can make it work with a workaround, its so bad that I have the router unplugged at the moment.

I have here an ASUS and TPlink mesh and both connects instantly to the modem without a problem.

I do believe Netduma is aware of this issue.. Ive ran into this several times as well.. If you go through the setup wizard after a reboot and when it comes to the part cant detect internet connection. At that point power cycle just your cable modem only and let it fully boot up and then click on "retry" to detect a connection.. It should detect then.. You might have to try this a few times though.. Also pay attention to your WAN Ip and make sure its an Ip that looks familiar of what you had before..

Im sure Netduma will respond here tomorrow..

Good luck!

Zippy.

I seemed to have “fixed it”... here’s what I did: unplugged everything including coax cable from modem, factory reset both modem and router multiple times. Gave up on it last night, woke up today reset everything once again but tried a different LAN port (yellow one) from my Duma to the PC and it seems to be able to obtain a WAN and is working again.... I tried the old port and it is still working.... so it just randomly fixed itself overnight I guess.... very reassuring....