MTU settings

SendNukes

Hi again, 

Yet another problem, i just noticed that after speed test on ps4 following statements shows at the bottom "ROUTER IN USE MIGHT NOT SUPPORT IP PACKET FRAGMENTATION AND SOME PS4 FEATUERS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE, CONTACT YOUR ROUTER MANUFACTURE".

I checked on my laptop via command prompt "config www.google.com -f -l 1472 (it shows that no fragmentation and 0 packet loss) my IPS router MTU is set at 1500 (1472+28=1500). My Netduma R2 router MTU is not set up. Do i have to set it up MTU 1500 on Netduma R2 as well? 

I already give up on following features:

Geo-filtering

Heat map

Congestion control

Traffic control 

and now this MTU problem. I hope you have a solution...   

16 minutes ago, Elite Gaming Arena said:

Hi again, 

Yet another problem, i just noticed that after speed test on ps4 following statements shows at the bottom "ROUTER IN USE MIGHT NOT SUPPORT IP PACKET FRAGMENTATION AND SOME PS4 FEATUERS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE, CONTACT YOUR ROUTER MANUFACTURE".

I checked on my laptop via command prompt "config www.google.com -f -l 1472 (it shows that no fragmentation and 0 packet loss) my IPS router MTU is set at 1500 (1472+28=1500). My Netduma R2 router MTU is not set up. Do i have to set it up MTU 1500 on Netduma R2 as well? 

I already give up on following features:

Geo-filtering

Heat map

Congestion control

Traffic control 

and now this MTU problem. I hope you have a solution...   

You shouldn't need to do anything on the R2 if the upstream router already has an MTU setup.

What firmware are you currently running?

Hello anyone out there? 

Why no one is bothering about this issue. Upon Google this subject I come a cross this tread from Netduma R2 forum and to my surprise a special  PM firmware update was issued to solve his problem. Here is the image of that post.

Why I have not been sent PM and that firmware update and why that thread has been closed. Why double standards?

Screenshot_20201217-213226_Chrome.jpg

• Administrators

That is from 2 years ago so won't be for the R2 at all. The R2 will be using the MTU that the ISP router has set so this issue doesn't apply to you specifically.

Fragmentation on the console is a well known issue on PS and is not always related to the router, do you experience it on wired/wireless or both?

On 12/17/2020 at 10:16 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

That is from 2 years ago so won't be for the R2 at all. The R2 will be using the MTU that the ISP router has set so this issue doesn't apply to you specifically.

Fragmentation on the console is a well known issue on PS and is not always related to the router, do you experience it on wired/wireless or both?

On 12/18/2020 at 12:39 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Try wireless and see if you get the same message please.

I have tried only with wired connection and wireless connection too. Its take too long to decide NAT. Once NAT 2 appears message displays at the same time. 

Now I am not a IT expert and bought Netduma as P&P. Currently I have ISP router and Netduma R2 linked.

I have put Netduma R2 in ISP router in DMZ. While I was checking MTU settings I come a cross this issue (pic attached) it seems DHCPv6 server configurations are not set properly you may see red ***

Is this means I need to solve this with ISP or will you be able to assist. Somehow my ISP is not supportive. Let me know if its relevant? Help me

16083867555614340199087523466622.jpg

Hi 

Well I have tried ISP router directly with PS4 (without Netduma). Yet I get same message in speed test screen. 

On 12/17/2020 at 10:16 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

On 12/18/2020 at 12:39 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Try wireless and see if you get the same message please.

I have tried only with wired connection and wireless connection too. Its take too long to decide NAT. Once NAT 2 appears message displays at the same time. 

Now I am not a IT expert and bought Netduma as P&P. Currently I have ISP router and Netduma R2 linked.

I have put Netduma R2 in ISP router in DMZ. While I was checking MTU settings I come a cross this issue (pic attached) it seems DHCPv6 server configurations are not set properly you may see red ***

Is this means I need to solve this with ISP or will you be able to assist. Somehow my ISP is not supportive. Let me know if its relevant? Help me

• Administrators

Okay if you get the same message directly connected to the ISP router then it won't be the R2 causing that so it could be the IPv6 you mentioned or you will need to contact the ISP. If you contact them they should know the best way forward.

• 4 months later...
On 9/24/2020 at 2:00 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Thank you for the information, I will get the team to have a look into MTU to see if it is applying correctly.

Hi Fraser,  did you get any news from the team on this one? I seem to be having this same issue. 

Greetings. 

Firmware R2 3.0.205

• Administrators
54 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Hi Fraser,  did you get any news from the team on this one? I seem to be having this same issue. 

Greetings. 

Firmware R2 3.0.205

So the MTU applies on the WAN side, not the LAN side so you can't tell the MTU has changed by looking at the Xbox network settings for example but it will have applied