QoS Settings

SendNukes

Regarding:

•Congestion control 

•Bandwidth Allocation 

•Traffic Prioritization 

I'm trying to to get the best settings possible for gaming on xbox. All other devices can take whats left.

My question is would using all 3 of these QoS settings simultaneously be a good thing? Or would they interfere with eachother and cause me issues?

They can be used all together.. It really comes down to what gives you the best experience or what works best for you.

Congestion Control helps to stable your ping with in your own network. Some use it and some do not.. It comes down to how many devices are within your own network. But its a good feature to use. Experiment with different percentages with your sliders to find your sweet spot and to get the best most stable ping possible..

Bandwidth Allocation is also something that is very useful in regards to giving your xbox more bandwidth if needed and or help cap greedy devices on your network from taking to much bandwidth.. There is also share excess that helps share extra bandwidth that isnt used to other devices on your network that may need it.. Again this can be very useful to help maximize your network.. Experimenting here is also a good idea..

Traffic Prioritization is a very useful tool because it puts all gaming traffic in front of the line within your own network. Basically all UDP traffic is sent out first before other not so important traffic.. In your case one would disable DumaOS classified games and add your Xbox manually and give it the game console setting within Traffic Prioritization.. That way all UDP traffic from your xbox would be detected and put in front of the line..

Again one can use all three of these together. And I think its more designed that way for them to be used together.. But experiment and see what works best for you. Thats the beauty of it all.. Its very flexible to different networks people have. And is also very flexible to setup to the way people want.. Meaning one can use all three or not..

Good luck! 

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Zippy.

try this setting:

Port Forwarding manually: 1-65535 UDP/TCP 

Turn off UPNP

Traffic Prioritisation: 1-65535 UDP/TCP both source and destination

Congestion Control: Always 

Bandwidth Percentage: this varies to your bandwidth. try 70/70% should be fine as suggested by Netduma Team 

Share Excess: On 

• 3 weeks later...