USB features

Netduma Iain

• Administrators

Hi R2 owners, thanks for purchasing and supporting Netduma! 

So we're planning our short term roadmap for upcoming months. People who want to use the R2 USB, what features do you want? 

16 minutes ago, Netduma Iain said:

Hi R2 owners, thanks for purchasing and supporting Netduma! 

So we're planning our short term roadmap for upcoming months. People who want to use the R2 USB, what features do you want? 

I would like to be able to put a usb3 hub and be able to read and write my multimedia files via hard disks on all my peripherals which allow me!

• Administrators

I guess people don't want it that much?! Maybe we'll need to deprioritise the task. Thanks @Fuzy!

--------------------

Je suppose que les gens n'en veulent pas tellement?! Nous devrons peut-être réduire la priorité de la tâche. Merci @Fuzy!

2 hours ago, Netduma Iain said:

I guess people don't want it that much?! Maybe we'll need to deprioritise the task. Thanks @Fuzy!

--------------------

Je suppose que les gens n'en veulent pas tellement?! Nous devrons peut-être réduire la priorité de la tâche. Merci @Fuzy!

Weird .... That nobody reacted to this topic!

Another thing that could be interesting with the USB3 port would be to be able to put a 4G domino there and thus create a rescue line in the event of failure of the first one. A load balancing spell ...

edit : I just read the comment above .... 😅

• 2 years later...

This is a slap in the face. USB does not support reading a hard drive. In 2022, it is shameful that a product like this lacks of simple functions. I could have bought another product yet I decided to support the underdog but at the end of the day, we only get comments such as "I guess people don't want it that much?! Maybe we'll need to deprioritise the task."  Which by the way cannot even spell it right. It seems that at Netduma employees get to do whatever they feel like. This talks to me of the type of employees Netduma hires. 

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, Muffing said:

This is a slap in the face. USB does not support reading a hard drive. In 2022, it is shameful that a product like this lacks of simple functions. I could have bought another product yet I decided to support the underdog but at the end of the day, we only get comments such as "I guess people don't want it that much?! Maybe we'll need to deprioritise the task."  Which by the way cannot even spell it right. It seems that at Netduma employees get to do whatever they feel like. This talks to me of the type of employees Netduma hires. 

It is a gaming router primarily so USB features would not help in that sense, in terms of the features we have/are working on that will improve gaming they are much more valuable to the consumers. Is there a particular feature you would like?

The author of that comment is Iain, the founder & CTO of Netduma.