not getting paid speed

Am0kGaming

• Administrators

What's your exact physical setup, how do you have the R2 and ISP router connected together, is the ISP router using modem/bridge mode or did you put the R2 in the DMZ? Are ALL devices connected to the R2 because if not they will likely be pulling away bandwidth from the R2.

• Netduma Staff

Hi @Am0kGaming, thanks for your feedback!

Would you mind going to this url, doing a connection test and sharing the results? We want to know if there is a problem with our tool, or instead there is a problem with the servers used for the test.

Hi i had this same issue and fixed it by using my isp router between the ONT and the R2.

ONT > R2    Download : 400  UP : 117

ONT>ISP HUB>R2  Download : 912  UP 117 

R2 is on Dchp in Wan settings,R2 ip is in the isp hub dmz,benchmark is A+ everytime.

It's worth noting around 1ms of ping is added on to overall latency,however with the increased speed and stability it's worth it.

• Netduma Staff
17 hours ago, Am0kGaming said:

833363476_SpeedTestbyMeasurementLab-MozillaFirefox17_08.202018_16_01.thumb.png.522bd1e76ae0e423de72a55607a6eadd.png

Thanks for the results. This test was done with the same servers we use for the Connection Benchmark test, and that explains why your speeds on our application were lower than what you expected.

There isn't much we can do at the moment with this, as unfortunately this is due to the server's location. This is usually due to this server not being inside your ISP local network, while the tests on "speedtest.net" is inside. Also, the actual speed of the server might explain the difference.

As for why your test on the computer is slower than on the router, as @Netduma Fraser mentioned, that's because our test is essentially the same but from the router, so it performs somewhat better!

34 minutes ago, Netduma Adrian said:

Thanks for the results. This test was done with the same servers we use for the Connection Benchmark test, and that explains why your speeds on our application were lower than what you expected.

There isn't much we can do at the moment with this, as unfortunately this is due to the server's location. This is usually due to this server not being inside your ISP local network, while the tests on "speedtest.net" is inside. Also, the actual speed of the server might explain the difference.

As for why your test on the computer is slower than on the router, as @Netduma Fraser mentioned, that's because our test is essentially the same but from the router, so it performs somewhat better!

I did the same test through my isp router and get way higher speeds1807305882_SpeedTestbyMeasurementLab-MozillaFirefox17_08.202018_57_11.thumb.png.76903b9341c7e23570debba40085b86d.png

• Netduma Staff

@Am0kGaming, What are your QoS settings at the moment? We have tested on different units, and many of our users have experienced speeds way higher of what you're getting, so we suspect at the moment this could be related to QoS.

Could you make sure QoS is disabled, or at least anti-bufferbloat is set to never? If this doesn't solve it, could you test after a factory reset?

Finally, if neither of that solves the issue, even if it sounds weird, could you try testing with a different ethernet cable?

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, doylebl39 said:

I actually pay for 1.5 gigs down and 1 gig up but i realize i should be caped at 1000/1000

Enter your speeds 1000/1000 and do a speed test here: https://speed.measurementlab.net/#/ as well as speedtest.net and fast.com what do you get?

5 hours ago, Netduma Adrian said:

@Am0kGaming, What are your QoS settings at the moment? We have tested on different units, and many of our users have experienced speeds way higher of what you're getting, so we suspect at the moment this could be related to QoS.

Could you make sure QoS is disabled, or at least anti-bufferbloat is set to never? If this doesn't solve it, could you test after a factory reset?

Finally, if neither of that solves the issue, even if it sounds weird, could you try testing with a different ethernet cable?

with QoS disabled and new cat6 cable nothing changes

im gonna try a factory reset tonight and see if that solves the problem

QoS - DumaOS - Mozilla Firefox 18.08.2020 18_39_40.png

QoS - DumaOS - Mozilla Firefox 18.08.2020 18_41_40.png