Optimal settings for r2 and sx10 switch

villejfv

I'm trying to figure out what settings I need for my setup, I feel like nothing really changes with bullet registration or connection, doesn't matter if I have r2 settings on or off (70/70 geo filter etc) I feel like everyone has better connection than me, I die against every weapon like if it was a sniper, literally feels like I'm getting one shoted with every weapon, dying behind walls etc... really tired of messing with this and buying so many things for everything staying the same, i have bought early adopter r1, xr500 and now r2 and sx10 switch, do i need to mess with port forwarding or dhcp or anything? Please help, I really appreciated. 

1 hour ago, villejfv said:

J'essaie de déterminer les paramètres dont j'ai besoin pour ma configuration, j'ai l'impression que rien ne change vraiment avec l'enregistrement ou la connexion des balles, peu importe si j'ai des paramètres r2 activés ou désactivés (filtre géo 70/70, etc.) tout le monde a une meilleure connexion que moi, je meurs contre chaque arme comme si c'était un tireur d'élite, j'ai littéralement l'impression de me faire tirer dessus avec chaque arme, de mourir derrière les murs, etc. vraiment fatigué de jouer avec ça et d'acheter tant de choses pour que tout reste le même, j'ai acheté les commutateurs r1, xr500 et maintenant r2 et sx10, dois-je me soucier de la redirection de port ou du dhcp ou quoi que ce soit? Aidez-moi, j'ai vraiment apprécié. 

Hi

The sx10 is crap i bought the sx10 and i had the s8000 which work 100 times better than the sx10 for sx10 disabled igmp snooping it helped me and p4 medium for all ports .. of sx10

I'm gonna disconnect sx10 and sell it then and just use r2, is there a reason I should buy the s8000? Should I mess with any other settings on r2? Thank you everyone

• Administrators

Well I'd definitely suggest using the Auto Setup for Congestion Control to get that optimized, then use that suggestion or manual changes to Congestion Control and check what your ping under load is in Connection Benchmark, see how long you can get it down. Then I'd suggest using Ping Heatmap for whatever game you want and see where the lowest ping servers are - even if they're mislocated and then use that data to draw polygons around the lowest pinged server locations on the Geo-Filter.

Ok this is where I am so far, I did congestion auto setup and choose prioritize ping, it took the sliders to 0 and 0 than I got message not to have it that slow so took it up to 15 and 15 but now get filter not working/can't play, message in picture popping up

20200812_174139.jpg

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Well I'd definitely suggest using the Auto Setup for Congestion Control to get that optimized, then use that suggestion or manual changes to Congestion Control and check what your ping under load is in Connection Benchmark, see how long you can get it down. Then I'd suggest using Ping Heatmap for whatever game you want and see where the lowest ping servers are - even if they're mislocated and then use that data to draw polygons around the lowest pinged server locations on the Geo-Filter.

How dos the ping under load work and is it accurate? Because with my sliders at 100/100 i was getting 6/11/6 (download/up/idle) under load but when I'd run a speedtest and ping through command prompt it would spike a lot. The connection benchmark is telling me there's hardly any spikes..

9 hours ago, villejfv said:

Je vais déconnecter le sx10 et le vendre ensuite et utiliser simplement r2, y a-t-il une raison pour laquelle je devrais acheter le s8000? Dois-je jouer avec d'autres paramètres sur r2? Merci tout le monde

hello all depends on your needs me i need to connect my ps4 and my pc in ethernet but since my xr500 is far from my room i need a switch

Fraser is right about the double qos it's never good

After I noticed that with the sx10 you have to leave activated port scan and back protection in the xr500 on the r2 I can't help you I don't have it, after on the s8000 I didn't have any problem but it will not change much in terms of hit detection in mw unfortunately: /

• Administrators
15 hours ago, villejfv said:

Ok this is where I am so far, I did congestion auto setup and choose prioritize ping, it took the sliders to 0 and 0 than I got message not to have it that slow so took it up to 15 and 15 but now get filter not working/can't play, message in picture popping up

Download https://www.dropbox.com/s/vklzjkftpdcd01t/DumaOS-R2-RC5-Production-3.0.129-100820.sig?dl=0 and install this firmware, then Auto Congestion Control should be more accurate, and it will not suggest a minimum value below 1%. However, as it's just a suggested figure you may want to hold off for the full firmware as the hot fix does have a bug where Adblock doesn't work for example.

To update: Download the file above, open DumaOS, click the three dots in the top right corner, choose update, upload the file you just downloaded, and wait a few minutes while the R2 restarts.

Regarding the Geo-Filter error, had you made any changes to the Geo-Filter prior to this? 

10 hours ago, johnnytran said:

How dos the ping under load work and is it accurate? Because with my sliders at 100/100 i was getting 6/11/6 (download/up/idle) under load but when I'd run a speedtest and ping through command prompt it would spike a lot. The connection benchmark is telling me there's hardly any spikes..

It uses the Google 8.8.8.8 IP for the test so it is pretty accurate. With your sliders at 100% QoS isn't being utilized so would suggest you run the Auto Setup first, then apply those settings (if they're reasonable) and then do the benchmark test.

OK i'm doing the firmware now, no i didn't do anything with geo filter it has given me the error like 3 times already and the only way i can get rid off it is by rebooting.

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, villejfv said:

OK i'm doing the firmware now, no i didn't do anything with geo filter it has given me the error like 3 times already and the only way i can get rid off it is by rebooting.

Okay well please let us know if you see it after upgrading to that firmware.