Problems with r2

trmin343

Hi

i did post in the review section about the issue I had on day one. It has been rather warm in my flat and when I first installed the router it would cut off after 20 to 30mins. I turn the router upside down which seemed to help.

but last night at 1am it cut my internet off and the whole box locked up and couldn’t access the webui either. I tried to use the reset button on the back held it down for over 30 seconds and it doesn’t do anything. 

I unplugged it and left it for 20 mins plugged back in and the router did boot up but after 20-30mins it crashed again and no access to web ui again or no internet. 
I then unplugged again and left for 2 minutes and plugged back in router came back up again. So I reset the router in the web ui and on reboot it wouldn’t start up again until I unplugged it for 1 minute then it booted up again. But the same issues happened again. I’ve reset the router though we ui 6 times and the issues still Persist.

i really don’t know what else to do there seems to be a hardware fault but I’m not sure 

any help will be great fully received 

• Administrators

I'm assuming you're in the UK where it is quite hot by our standards at the moment! It sounds like the router is massively overheating, is it in a place that will receive enough air flow? If you leave it unplugged for longer until it is no longer hot to the touch and then plug it in does the router work for longer than 20-30 mins?

Hi yes I’m in the uk and it is very unusual hot atm :)

I will unplug it for 1 hour now and then test. It did cool down quite a bit last night and still had the same issues though.

its in the living room which is the coolest room in he house due to fans going. The router is on my sideboard without other electrical items near it so sould get enough airflow 

Guest Killhippie

Ive seen people in other countries where its to hot for router cooling mats and even just lifting it up off the surface using anything like maybe a few CD's and giving it room to cool down,  in these exceptional circumstances. You can get coolers on Amazon like i as in the link see below or similar and connect to the USB on the back. Always handy with our spells of hot weather in the UK we get now. Its hotter here than parts of Greece right now!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/perfk-Cooling-Set-top-Console-Computer-Silver/dp/B07PV6G1QY/ref=pd_sbs_147_2/261-7902188-5618439?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07PV6G1QY&pd_rd_r=260183e6-ba0d-4ed2-8393-5721fc38fc36&pd_rd_w=4euWB&pd_rd_wg=AtFoe&pf_rd_p=b9bf232d-9a8a-4c7d-aa9d-641c0995d3a2&pf_rd_r=4A31GEP0AJNJW7RAWM06&psc=1&refRID=4A31GEP0AJNJW7RAWM06

ok ive left it off for a couple of hours

just started back up and its not loading at all now:( getting this error only cant get into the webui

Unable to launch the requested CGI program:
  /www/desktop/index.html: I/O error

also tried using the reset button held it down for 1 minute but its not doing anything at all and nothing changes on the router at all 

2020-08-11.png

• Administrators

Please follow these instructions and see if that loads the interface properly:

1. Right click the page and select 'Inspect element'
  2. In the window that appears click 'Network' at the top
  3. Just underneath where you clicked network enable the checkbox for 'Disable Cache'
  4. Then click and hold the browser refresh button in the top left and select 'Empty cache & hard reload'

I can’t cone t at all to Wi-Fi it’s showing up and I get the connection can’t be established error that all 

so can’t test the Wi-Fi it seems that it’s just failing atm no matter what I do 

• Administrators

Connect the PC via ethernet to the R2 then open command prompt and type:

ipconfig /release and press enter

then do ipconfig /renew and press enter - this one may take a few moments.

What do the results for the renew command say and are you then able to access the interface?

• Administrators

Hi @trmin343, thanks for purcharsing the R2. Sorry about the issues you're having.

If you don't mind I think we should probably just replace your unit and let developers debug it. We'll send you a replacement and refund the shipping. @Netduma Admin, @Netduma Fraser or @Netduma Alex can you take care of this please?

Hi

i have received my replacement unit today sorry I didn’t update. I’ve set it all up and for last 3 hours it’s been so much better even the unit at the bottom is a lot cooler to the touch even though my flat is as hot as it has been all weekend. I will be posting the router back to you on Monday so sould Be back With you soon.

i really want to say thank you for all your help with this and for quick response from the netduma team over email. 

• Administrators
57 minutes ago, trmin343 said:

Hi

i have received my replacement unit today sorry I didn’t update. I’ve set it all up and for last 3 hours it’s been so much better even the unit at the bottom is a lot cooler to the touch even though my flat is as hot as it has been all weekend. I will be posting the router back to you on Monday so sould Be back With you soon.

i really want to say thank you for all your help with this and for quick response from the netduma team over email. 

That's really fantastic to hear! You're very welcome, hope you enjoy your new (new) R2! As this has been resolved we'll close the topic, feel free to open another if needed and we'll be happy to help. Please let us know via email once you have sent the router back so we know when to expect it.