Does pppoe work on r2?

Victor-Yout

26 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Let us know how you get on with it if you decide to purchase.

Yes i will do that. Is it even better to connect the r2 via pppoe rather than dhcp to the modem? 

• Administrators

If you have the option I would suggest you still have the hub handling PPPoE and have the R2 connected to it using DHCP. That's just my personal opinion, you could have the R2 handle PPPoE if you wanted to and shouldn't see any issues.

I configured my R2 with PPPoE but I have big speed drop.  I pay for 1000 and I got only 300, but in DHCP, I got more than 850, sometime 950 ! I did it ( PPPoE ) because I was not able to get open Nat in DHCP, but for some reason, actually I can get open nat in DHCP since the FW .123 I run DHCP

15 minutes ago, Victor-Yout said:

I get my full speeds using pppoe, but i noticed a bug that when i am using it, the dowload slider in CC doesnt work anymore and is always at 100%

Is it stuck on 100% and you can’t alter it or do you notice this after you leave the settings then return to them?

5 minutes ago, Newfie said:

Is it stuck on 100% and you can’t alter it or do you notice this after you leave the settings then return to them?

I can move the slider around but it hasnt an effect

• Administrators
14 hours ago, Victor-Yout said:

I can move the slider around but it hasnt an effect

So if you have 100Mbps for example and set the download slider to 50% and do a speed test then download won't be affected but upload would?

6 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

So if you have 100Mbps for example and set the download slider to 50% and do a speed test then download won't be affected but upload would?

exactly, download would still be at 100 mbps

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, Victor-Yout said:

exactly, download would still be at 100 mbps

Great thank you. Would you be able to produce a small video showing that you're connected to PPPoE, showing that QoS isn't disabled fully and change your QoS settings and then doing a speed test where it doesn't throttle please? Then I can confirm it's definitely a bug and pass it on to the developers. Could you also do it using the Chrome browser?

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Great thank you. Would you be able to produce a small video showing that you're connected to PPPoE, showing that QoS isn't disabled fully and change your QoS settings and then doing a speed test where it doesn't throttle please? Then I can confirm it's definitely a bug and pass it on to the developers. Could you also do it using the Chrome browser?

sorry forgot about chrome, but i made the process with chrome with the same outcome

Hi Fraser, just tested it with the exact same result

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hi Victor, the developers have asked if you could check using the R1 handling PPPoE if you see the same behaviour with the R1 not throttling bandwidth.

I have this problem too. No matter what speed i set for download or upload i get full speed for both with no throttling.

I'm also on pppoe.

Also how do the rapps update? i have 5 apps ready to update and qos is one of them.

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, bake said:

I have this problem too. No matter what speed i set for download or upload i get full speed for both with no throttling.

I'm also on pppoe.

Also how do the rapps update? i have 5 apps ready to update and qos is one of them.

Just to double check, have you disabled QoS completely in the Congestion Control 3 line option menu? At the moment we're doing updates via firmware so that will come later.

• Administrators

Ah okay great, that's excellent. Let us know if you encounter it again! 

@Victor-Yout Could you try this as well? 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vklzjkftpdcd01t/DumaOS-R2-RC5-Production-3.0.129-100820.sig?dl=0

To update: Download the file above, open DumaOS, click the three dots in the top right corner, choose update, upload the file you just downloaded, and wait a few minutes while the R2 restarts.