Netduma lag and jitter

scoobypreza

hi i have been having a really bad gaming experience lately it seems like my r1 is adding ping and jitter. If I ping the ip address of my isp router I get a ping of 1ms min and 2ms max but if I ping my isp router connected to the r1 my ping is 20ms min and 400ms max and very unstable this must be the reason I'm having such a bad gaming experience is my r1 faulty any help would be appreciated thanks 

• Administrators

How are you doing the test exactly? Are you testing when wirelessly connected to the routers or via and ethernet cable? If ethernet cable have you switched that cable as well? If wireless please use ethernet instead.

I am using WiFi but I'm getting the same results every time I really need 3.0 to use the bench mark to see whats happening i really want an r2 but feel like I might be a bad decision 

The issue is you're testing on wifi.

Wifi on a R1 is super slow compared to standards nowadays. 

When I do this on my Iphone X sitting a meter away from the router I get 60-80 mbit and my PC that sits next to the R1 gets 15mbit.

But more importantly, your connection is probably faster than the wifi in this case. So you're creating your own bufferbloat by maxing out the wifi connection. When I run pingplotter from my PC over wifi and initiate a speedtest, my ping goes through the roof, like 300-400ms.

I have to agree with @Bert and @Netduma Fraser. I had a similar issue with jitter and ping just a few days ago (not a R1 router though admittedly) and ethernet is the only way to test it correctly. WiFi isn't stable enough as it suffers from interference from other WiFi networks and possibly even electromagnetic fields given off by certain appliances etc. My graph was terrible, but following @Bert and @Netduma Frasers' advice I managed to get a super stable ping and A+ on all categories on DSL reports speed test. Try it with an ethernet cable, try pinging Google DNS (8.8.8.8) when your network is quiet and adjust your ABB sliders (starting at 70/70) to see where your ping settles down, ensuring its set to Always or detecting game traffic from somewhere if set to When High Prio Traffic Detected. Hope you get it sorted mate.

Top is before, Bottom is after. Its a massive difference as you can see.

ping chart ISP.jpg

XR300 n Fritz.jpg

test result.png

Hi guys I appreciate all the feed back the main issue is cod my ps4 is hard wired but 99% of the time its terrible playing war zone. I see player start shooting first then I get dropped by 2 shots super bullets but on the replay I didn't shoot first and they have shot me  lots of times but what I see is totally different even the people I game with are like WTF just happened. Its like I have packet loss but I have 0% loss and the r1 reports a 8ms to 30ms ping depending what sever im on. I have had the r1 from the early days and its been great up until now 

27 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you post the results you're seeing please so we can take a look?

Hi m8 must of been dslreports not working properly just run some test with pingplotter and things look good still can't understand why cod is so bad for me the people I game with don't have problems im having. Pingplotter showed a ping of 8ms with a max jitter of 0.5ms to 8.8.8.8 and bbc.co.uk what else could be causing the issue im having with cod lag comp?

• Administrators

That's absolutely fine then.

What ping are you getting shown by the Geo-Filter and what ping does it show in game?
What is your exact physical setup?
What speeds do you pay for/expect?
What QoS settings are you using?

R1 ping 8ms to 15ms depending on server 

In game ping 30ms to 50ms

Pay for 80/20 get 76/19 through put

QOS tried 10% to 100%

Ps4 hard wired to r1 

R1 hard wired to sky hub

R1 UPNP enabled and DMZ on sky hub 

Sky hub UPNP off on sky hub 

• Administrators

All your settings sound fine and the Geo-Filter looks like it's doing its job. I'd suggest you try and force some servers that might be slightly further away and they may be more stable for you.