R2 wifi

Guest Killhippie
8 hours ago, liveandletdie34 said:

Hi like I mentioned in a previous post I was due to get the xr500 more so for better WiFi signal as virgins hub 3 is 💩 so all I want to know if anyone can answer is the WiFi on the R1 going to be as good 

R1 no, R2 well time will tell you will have to wait and see

• Administrators
12 hours ago, liveandletdie34 said:

Hi like I mentioned in a previous post I was due to get the xr500 more so for better WiFi signal as virgins hub 3 is 💩 so all I want to know if anyone can answer is the WiFi on the R1 going to be as good 

The XR500 is the more powerful hardware so it's unlikely the WiFi of the R2 will match the 500 but it is definitely better than the R1 and does have AC WiFi this time around (yay!). We think it is suited for large homes. The selling point of the R2 is that it is direct from us, it's optimized for DumaOS and it will receive updates much faster. If you need better hardware then the XR series is for you.

9 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The XR500 is the more powerful hardware so it's unlikely the WiFi of the R2 will match the 500 but it is definitely better than the R1 and does have AC WiFi this time around (yay!). We think it is suited for large homes. The selling point of the R2 is that it is direct from us, it's optimized for DumaOS and it will receive updates much faster. If you need better hardware then the XR series is for you.

Thanks for your honesty Fraser. It’s just the WiFi that’s my issue I live in a standard 3 bed house so if the WiFi will cover the whole house and be stable I am happy and happy to save some pennies to 

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, liveandletdie34 said:

Thanks for your honesty Fraser. It’s just the WiFi that’s my issue I live in a standard 3 bed house so if the WiFi will cover the whole house and be stable I am happy and happy to save some pennies to 

You're welcome! I should think that it would do just fine in your scenario :)

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You're welcome! I should think that it would do just fine in your scenario :)

We’re would I stand if for say the WiFi turns out to be poor I am pretty sure I would have an idea on the first day of using it. I would have 15 to 16 WiFi devices on it

7 hours ago, liveandletdie34 said:

We’re would I stand if for say the WiFi turns out to be poor I am pretty sure I would have an idea on the first day of using it. I would have 15 to 16 WiFi devices on it

A lot depends on the construction of your house and placement of the router. The connection rates drop quickly so usable WiFi range is not massive which is inevitable on a non-wave 1 device. 
As for numbers of devices, normally they are not all hammering away so there should not be an issue. If however you were all streaming which is unlikely and you had a connection rate to match it would struggle but if you have a bunch of tablets, echo, tv, games consoles and pc and they are not crunching away it should be fine. 
To test your WiFi there’s a nice little app called WiFi Sweetspots. This shows your internal rate throughput and you can map your property to see where the limits are.

52 minutes ago, Newfie said:

A lot depends on the construction of your house and placement of the router. The connection rates drop quickly so usable WiFi range is not massive which is inevitable on a non-wave 1 device. 
As for numbers of devices, normally they are not all hammering away so there should not be an issue. If however you were all streaming which is unlikely and you had a connection rate to match it would struggle but if you have a bunch of tablets, echo, tv, games consoles and pc and they are not crunching away it should be fine. 
To test your WiFi there’s a nice little app called WiFi Sweetspots. This shows your internal rate throughput and you can map your property to see where the limits are.

To be honest the WiFi in my home has always been fine no matter were I put my hub. It’s just over time the hub3 has just got worse. I can walk 12 feet away from it on the same floor and loose 150 meg. It never done that in the past I always got pretty much good speeds. The hubs are just 💩 and don’t last the test of time 

• Administrators
12 hours ago, liveandletdie34 said:

If for some reason the WiFi doesn't work for you then as long as you adhere to our return policy you could get a refund or replacement - if it was deemed faulty. I'm sure it'll be absolutely fine though. 

https://netduma.com/terms/

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If for some reason the WiFi doesn't work for you then as long as you adhere to our return policy you could get a refund or replacement - if it was deemed faulty. I'm sure it'll be absolutely fine though. 

There is the U.K. law for a 14 day return window for what ever reason which is shown on your terms and is a standard customer right. 

8 hours ago, liveandletdie34 said:

To be honest the WiFi in my home has always been fine no matter were I put my hub. It’s just over time the hub3 has just got worse. I can walk 12 feet away from it on the same floor and loose 150 meg. It never done that in the past I always got pretty much good speeds. The hubs are just 💩 and don’t last the test of time 

Don’t forget to grab a modem like the HG612 or one from another manufacturer. Makes life so much easier, I’m guessing you have one already though.

Just now, Newfie said:

Don’t forget to grab a modem like the HG612 or one from another manufacturer. Makes life so much easier, I’m guessing you have one already though.

Which would you say is better? Hg612 3b? Or Draytek V130?

Just now, Sable said:

Which would you say is better? Hg612 3b? Or Draytek V130?

I’ve not used the draytek one only the HG612. As long as it’s matched to cabinet ie chipset it should be fine and I’ve never had a modem issue with the HG.

Just now, Newfie said:

I’ve not used the draytek one only the HG612. As long as it’s matched to cabinet ie chipset it should be fine and I’ve never had a modem issue with the HG.

Yea I have HG612 3B and haven’t had any problems and I believe it’s a Huawei cabinet. But I don’t know how old my modem is as bought off eBay, that’s why on the market for a new one.

Heard good things about Draytek though.

17 minutes ago, Sable said:

Yea I have HG612 3B and haven’t had any problems and I believe it’s a Huawei cabinet. But I don’t know how old my modem is as bought off eBay, that’s why on the market for a new one.

Got 2 and ones unlocked from eBay, seems good. @Killhippie might know more on the Draytek. 

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, Newfie said:

There is the U.K. law for a 14 day return window for what ever reason which is shown on your terms and is a standard customer right. 

Yeah so as long as the terms were met, either just wanted to return within 14 days or if the product was faulty then within 30 days.

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I recon it will be it’s just incase mate 

Guest Killhippie
13 hours ago, Sable said:

The Draytex is a half board desighn with a infineon chipset. It does get quite hot and if you are on a Huawei cab you may be better off with a broadcom unit, some of the zyzel routers bridge nicely and make great modems, they seem recommended on Kitz. If you are on a ECI cab the Vigor 130 should work well.

2 hours ago, Killhippie said:

The Draytex is a half board desighn with a infineon chipset. It does get quite hot and if you are on a Huawei cab you may be better off with a broadcom unit, some of the zyzel routers bridge nicely and make great modems, they seem recommended on Kitz. If you are on a ECI cab the Vigor 130 should work well.

Ok thanks for the info, any particular ZyXEL modem you recommend?

Guest Killhippie
1 minute ago, Sable said:

Ok. Thanks 👍.

Yoiu can still buy unlocked BT openreach HG612's on ebay and as long as it is unlocked they work very well, and are cheap.

11 minutes ago, Killhippie said:

Yoiu can still buy unlocked BT openreach HG612's on ebay and as long as it is unlocked they work very well, and are cheap.

Yea I have one but I think it’s getting old lol, want something new to play around with also 🤣.