Where is my duma os 3 on xr500

• Administrators
17 hours ago, Fisto5 said:

Just an update. I still have no access to the Netgear Beta forum nor have I received an email from anyone for the Beta. I guess at this point, the actual release will be faster than getting beta access. Saddness :(

It's entirely up to Netgear to send the invites, you'll still most likely get it so don't worry just might take a little longer.

That's true. Netgear people should contact them directly. I do appreciate anything you guys did on your end to help me out! As for the rest with Netgear routers, either Alex,or Fraser,(I think) posted in the latest forum page with the Twitter account of Netgear. I contacted them and within an hour had access to the Beta.

Cheers!!

• Administrators
35 minutes ago, Fisto5 said:

That's true. Netgear people should contact them directly. I do appreciate anything you guys did on your end to help me out! As for the rest with Netgear routers, either Alex,or Fraser,(I think) posted in the latest forum page with the Twitter account of Netgear. I contacted them and within an hour had access to the Beta.

Cheers!!

That's fantastic, glad they were able to help!

14 minutes ago, Guitarslynger79 said:

Is the beta invite coming from Netgear or Netduma? Only asking, because I haven't seen anything yet, and may have totally missed it if it went to my spam folder if its coming from a completely different source.

I believe it’s Netgear who will email you.

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, Guitarslynger79 said:

Is the beta invite coming from Netgear or Netduma? Only asking, because I haven't seen anything yet, and may have totally missed it if it went to my spam folder if its coming from a completely different source.

As above, Netgear are sending the invites so will come from them. If you haven't received it yet try tweeting @netgeargaming and see if they can add you.

3 hours ago, Fisto5 said:

Cheers!!

where did you contact them?

• Administrators
16 hours ago, SolidOny said:

where did you contact them?

If you haven't received it yet try tweeting @netgeargaming and see if they can add you.

15 hours ago, Klesk Reaver said:

I'm wwaiting for the XR700 beta, but I just want to know how it classifies traffic in the new application QOS and how can we add games to the games category if its currently not supported?

It's not available yet but we're working hard to get it tested and out asap. It will use DPI, games also generally use the same kind of ports so should be easy to tell if a game is being played. Do you mean Traffic Prioritization or on the Geo-Filter?

14 hours ago, Th3WatchR said:

any way i can get in this beta for the xr500 im really tired of the disconnects in the latter firmwares just would wanna be more stable with my connection

Hey, welcome to the forum!

We'll try and boost you but would also suggest tweeting @netgeargaming and see if they can add you.

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It's not available yet but we're working hard to get it tested and out asap. It will use DPI, games also generally use the same kind of ports so should be easy to tell if a game is being played. Do you mean Traffic Prioritization or on the Geo-Filter?

I'm not sure exactly how it works now with 3.0 but at a guess you would have 3 QoS methods in place, Traffic Prio, Geo-Filter and Bandwidth allocation

Now that the bandwidth allocation is application based and not device based I'm just wondering how you add something to the Gaming category if it is currently not there, or does the Gaming category mirror anything that is detected under Prio?

Also is there a way to check what is in the other categories too? media streaming and such? Is there a detailed breakdown in the interface?

• Administrators
15 hours ago, Klesk Reaver said:

I'm not sure exactly how it works now with 3.0 but at a guess you would have 3 QoS methods in place, Traffic Prio, Geo-Filter and Bandwidth allocation

Now that the bandwidth allocation is application based and not device based I'm just wondering how you add something to the Gaming category if it is currently not there, or does the Gaming category mirror anything that is detected under Prio?

Also is there a way to check what is in the other categories too? media streaming and such? Is there a detailed breakdown in the interface?

Device based Bandwidth Allocation is still an option, you can use one or the other depending on your needs. Understood, it will cover all the ports that gaming uses - similar to the games console service that will prioritize all games. No not exactly but we'll work on the help to make it more clear. 

15 hours ago, Guitarslynger79 said:

I tweeted netgear like suggested, but I don't get any response from them. If there's a way to boost it, go for it. 

What is your Netgear username? We'll try and boost you.

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Device based Bandwidth Allocation is still an option, you can use one or the other depending on your needs. Understood, it will cover all the ports that gaming uses - similar to the games console service that will prioritize all games. No not exactly but we'll work on the help to make it more clear. 

What is your Netgear username? We'll try and boost you.

Guitarslynger79

4 hours ago, Brainbleach said:

Je viens de recevoir mon invitation bêta il y a quelques jours de netgear.

I also thank the netduma team for boost and for the work done on this beta;) (even if it was really long ^^)

• Administrators
1 hour ago, acoop133 said:

Still waiting for the long needed QOL update...... whats the hold up on the beta testing.

I'd highly suggest you do a factory reset to remove them all. You could reboot and delete 1 by one but that would take a while. XR500 is in beta testing now, more invites will keep going out.