Scuf controllers

Kostas83

Hi to everyone!!

i am waiting my first scuf controller for almost 2 months... but I see a lot of people on Twitter that they report a lot of problems... Has anyone have scuf and what is you personal experience? I am playing Warzone and that is the reason I order it. 

1 minute ago, Bert said:

I have 2 Scuf Impacts. The sticks wear out fast. Otherwise they have about the same issues as regular DS4 controllers.

Do you believe that it is worth the 250$??? I am thinking to cancel my order... But from the other side I want to feel it in my hands to see how it is it...

7 minutes ago, Kostas83 said:

Do you believe that it is worth the 250$??? I am thinking to cancel my order... But from the other side I want to feel it in my hands to see how it is it...

Depends.

I also make my own controllers and you can make them yourself for less. Just with 2 paddles instead of 4. Works fine and 4 paddles is not a huge advantage over 2.

Main reasons I like the Impact is that you can remove the sticks without opening the controller. If you do that too many times, things like the flatcables etc all start to wear. Normally I spray a bit of WD40 in them every time I change the sticks. That helps to prevent the the infamous CoD sprint issue. Need to be careful that it only goes into the analog potmeters, if it flows into the L3/R3 button it's ruined. Also I have rather big hands (size 13 glove) and the impact model holds a bit nicer over the DS4.

I can do most of the repairs on it myself though, that is the reason I don't go for the prestige since it's Scuf proprietary tech.

My first Impact I bought at the launch of BO4 and had it's mainboard replaced once and my second I bought 8 months ago and never had an issue.

1st has Trigger control system & EMR

2nd has digital triggers & no EMR

I literally changed paddle assignments once, for Doom 2016 and never after so didn't see the need for EMR on the second one. The digital triggers is nice, but in practice has no advantage over the trigger control system.

All in all I don't mind spending $250 for a controller since I use it quite a lot. 

7 minutes ago, Bert said:

Depends.

I also make my own controllers and you can make them yourself for less. Just with 2 paddles instead of 4. Works fine and 4 paddles is not a huge advantage over 2.

Main reasons I like the Impact is that you can remove the sticks without opening the controller. If you do that too many times, things like the flatcables etc all start to wear. Normally I spray a bit of WD40 in them every time I change the sticks. That helps to prevent the the infamous CoD sprint issue. Need to be careful that it only goes into the analog potmeters, if it flows into the L3/R3 button it's ruined. Also I have rather big hands (size 13 glove) and the impact model holds a bit nicer over the DS4.

I can do most of the repairs on it myself though, that is the reason I don't go for the prestige since it's Scuf proprietary tech.

My first Impact I bought at the launch of BO4 and had it's mainboard replaced once and my second I bought 8 months ago and never had an issue.

1st has Trigger control system & EMR

2nd has digital triggers & no EMR

I literally changed paddle assignments once, for Doom 2016 and never after so didn't see the need for EMR on the second one. The digital triggers is nice, but in practice has no advantage over the trigger control system.

All in all I don't mind spending $250 for a controller since I use it quite a lot. 

Thank you for your reply! Also I have ordered with digital tap triggers and EMR. 

I will waiting to receive it... But on the Twitter there are to many complaints for delay shipping...

3 minutes ago, ZaphriX said:

Don’t buy scuf. I had 2 controllers both broke. They using cheap Quality products.. Not worth it! My trigger stops broke and I couldnt aim anymore and even my sticks got stuck sometimes. 😂

It’s too late... This week i will receive my order!!

23 hours ago, ZaphriX said:

Don’t buy scuf. I had 2 controllers both broke. They using cheap Quality products.. Not worth it! My trigger stops broke and I couldnt aim anymore and even my sticks got stuck sometimes. 😂

This is why I've never bought a Scuf. Hardly heard anything good said about them.

4 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

This is why I've never bought a Scuf. Hardly heard anything good said about them.

I received my new scuf impact today... I can say that from the first moment I touched I loved it!!! I really hope not broke shortly... I also hear not good comments from a lot of people... 

21 minutes ago, Kostas83 said:

I received my new scuf impact today... I can say that from the first moment I touched I loved it!!! I really hope not broke shortly... I also hear not good comments from a lot of people... 

I'd say learn how to fix it yourself... be much easier than having to keep sending it back if it does have problems.

What I have been told is that the ones delivered in Europe seem to be better than their USA counterparts since they are put together in the USA. 

But in the end it's all Sony parts with a few add ons, so repairing it yourself isn't too difficult. Just getting the security screw out can be a bitch, but Mobel posted a link here once where you can buy a removal tool online.

On 7/7/2020 at 6:56 AM, Bert said:

What I have been told is that the ones delivered in Europe seem to be better than their USA counterparts since they are put together in the USA. 

But in the end it's all Sony parts with a few add ons, so repairing it yourself isn't too difficult. Just getting the security screw out can be a bitch, but Mobel posted a link here once where you can buy a removal tool online.

That b.tch @$$ screw is the reason i'm still stuck playing with a 1/4 scuf

Cant sprint, left analog broke around the base, right analog sunk like badly as well which in MW equals crazy stick drift.

And then the Dpad just randomly stopped working as well......so i've had to create custom buttom assignments in the ps4 settings menu.

It's not hard to remove it but it voids your warranty.

You use a dremel like tool with a diamond engraving bit. You cut a slot in the head of the screw and then you can undo it with a regular flathead screwdriver.