Warzone Packet Loss

Hi, I just bought a Nighthawk XR500 and I play Call of Duty Warzone on PS4 via Ethernet. I have a 200 MPBS Upload & Download Speed and i am constantly facing packet loss at the beginning of each game which makes the game unplayable. I thought changing the router would help, but it didn't. BTW I live in India and few of my friends who use the same ISP do not have the packet loss issue. Someone HELP ME OUT!!!!

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Are you using the Geo-Filter and QoS? What is the average ping of the closest server you're connecting to and where is it? Are ALL devices in your home connected to the XR?

Hey! I have setup the Geo-Filter Profile to Call of Duty and it picked up a radius of 3600KM automatically. I am unable to see any servers on the screen at all. I have also enables QoS and all the devices at home are connected to the XR

• Administrators

Try this and see if any servers appear:

1. Hard turn off console
  2. Remove device from Geo-Filter
  3. Flush cloud from Geo-Filter Map menu
  4. Re-add the device
  5. Setup the Geo-Filter how you would like
  6. Wait 2 minutes
  7. Boot up the console

You should see servers when you boot up the game and from there you can see where the closest server is and try to force it.

13 hours ago, RaulMenendez_Xx said:

Hola, acabo de comprar un Nighthawk XR500 y juego Call of Duty Warzone en PS4 a través de Ethernet. Tengo una velocidad de carga y descarga de 200 MPBS y me enfrento constantemente a la pérdida de paquetes al comienzo de cada juego, lo que hace que el juego no se pueda jugar. Pensé que cambiar el enrutador ayudaría, pero no fue así. Por cierto, vivo en India y pocos de mis amigos que usan el mismo ISP no tienen el problema de pérdida de paquetes. Alguien AYUDAME!

pudiste solucionar la perdida de paquetes ???

I have tried all the steps mentioned above, but i still cant find any servers. They appeared when i opened the router from the box. After updating the firmware to the most recent one, i seem to not find any servers on the Geo-Filter

• Administrators

Are you zoomed out completely on the map? Could you provide a screenshot of your entire Geo-Filter page please when you're playing? Even if nothing is shown that is fine. Might be worth doing a factory reset after this to be safe and see if they appear then.

I get around 56-59 in most of the matches. In a couple of matches, I had around 270+ ping idk why. I put the Ps4 on 70%/70% in the QoS. Btw, just realised that I have the packet loss issue in ground war as well!

• 2 weeks later...

I have exactly the same issue, as this guy in this post:

So basically I searched whole forum to find a way to fix this but no luck. What I did:

1. Applied Geo-filter onto my xbox
2. Enabled Anti-Bufferbloat and Traffic Prioritization: TCP - Source Port (50000:65535) - Destination Port (3074:3075) with xbox
3. Changed MTU to match my xbox MTU 1480

And finally I got two differend internet proviers at my home, so checked if this problem occurs on other router and it didn't, no packet loss so I'm 100% sure there is something wrong with my Netduma R1. 
Back in may I had the same issue but when I installed dumaOS it got fixed, until last game update. Now I've no idea what to do next, can someone help me fix this? My firmware is R1 2.1.3.29

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Connect the R1 to your other internet connection, does it occur on that as well? If it does then it is more likely the router but if it doesn't then it indicates it's the ISP.

Been testing it all night and even on my other ISP I got the same packet loss.

I get 2-10% of packet loss at the beginning of the game, and it goes away to 0% when player count drops to 80-70 people.

It's happening only in warzone, every other game mode and game works flawless. I got the same issue back in May 2020 and when I installed dumaOS it got fixed. I only have this packet loss since last game update.

Why do you set your MTU in the router to 1480?

It's usually 1500 for a regular connection and 1492 for PPPoE connections.

Try running it in auto on both your xbox and router.

The fact that you only have it on high player counts would indicate that there is an issue with packet sizes (more players, more data) so an akward MTU setup is the first thing to investigate.

• Administrators

I'd agree with Bert, only having the packet loss at the beginning of the game doesn't really make sense if the router was faulty as it would happen the entire way through. Try the above, we'll also try and get you on the beta asap.

@Bert I changed the MTU because I found a post on the forum to set it up just like it is on Xbox, so 1480. I did what you asked for, but that didnt solve the problem, I still notice 2-10% packet loss.

Now I found another bug, when I turn on Anti-Bufferbloat and Traffic Prioritization it disconnects me from xbox live party chat after 30 seconds of chat, but when I turn them off, this goes away and I can normally talk without any disconnects.

@Netduma Fraser If you think some of beta features are gonna fix this packet loss issue, then I'm up.

blackfirehawk in had succes with a MTU of 1450 on his PC. You could try that for xbox. Seemingly it has something to do with proxy servers used in crossplay.

I use standard 1492 and have never seen the issue though. But I don't play warzone much and in normal MP I have crossplay off.

PACKET LOSS FIX - WARZONE!

Sorry for the delay. I got the packet loss issue fixed by talking to my ISP. He changed the Internet settings from DHCP to PPPoE and used the Google DNS as primary and CloudFare as secondary and the packet loss instantly vanished. I don't think it has anything to do with the router, especially when using these high end gaming routers. Try it out and let me know. It worked for me.

Also, as mentioned by techbbq, i also seem to have party chat issues with my friends staying in the US sometimes. I stay in India and when the Geo-Filter is applied close to me, i can't seem to chat with them sometimes, until i expand the filter to cover their locations.

That last is a known issue. Your friends need to be on your allowed list or in your geofilter radius to be able to party chat.

You can actually solve it by not being the party host and just turn your geofilter to spectate mode. 

• Administrators
On 7/13/2020 at 9:47 AM, RaulMenendez_Xx said:

PACKET LOSS FIX - WARZONE!

Sorry for the delay. I got the packet loss issue fixed by talking to my ISP. He changed the Internet settings from DHCP to PPPoE and used the Google DNS as primary and CloudFare as secondary and the packet loss instantly vanished. I don't think it has anything to do with the router, especially when using these high end gaming routers. Try it out and let me know. It worked for me.

Also, as mentioned by techbbq, i also seem to have party chat issues with my friends staying in the US sometimes. I stay in India and when the Geo-Filter is applied close to me, i can't seem to chat with them sometimes, until i expand the filter to cover their locations.

That's great, thanks for letting us know what worked for you! As above you can add them to your allow list, you can see how to do this at the bottom of this guide: 

http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000077072-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-geo-filter

Hi, I was getting about 20-25% packet loss in Warzone.

When downloading the new patch, I was getting about 3-5 Mbps and my friend showed me a video on Youtube of a someone recommending changing the DNS to use Google's (https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns)

I did this on my console (XBOX) (not at the router level)
My packet loss is consistently at 0% now and my download went up to about 70 Mbps.

I don't know if it was related to my ISP ou my Netduma Router but it might help you reduce your packet loss.