Another way to reduce ping?

You guys have probably already seen or heard something like this but I'm wondering if it works and would be a good idea to add a feature like this to DumaOS in the future let me know what you guys think thanks.

How does Kill Ping Work? To put it clearly, Kill Ping redirects your game data to its own gaming-optimized game servers. ... Kill Ping does not interfere with your non-gaming related activities. It identifies your gaming data and only sends those gaming packets through its gaming-optimized network.

killpingxx.jpg.11601add44d9da1f6588fed39d8dbc1c.jpg

My testing with using just NordVPN I get better ping.

Untitled.png.c675250ba1d8a0fdea427ef86ac80b80.png

In theory minimizing hops is better in general, but it can be worsen sometimes ex. taking less hops but with bad performance hops can really be worse.

Additionally to the test above, 6ms isn't it too minimal difference? that those margins are not stable and servers sometimes have a margin of (10+,10-) of latency.

What I am trying to say is if you do another multiple tests, you might find ISP SKY gets 87ms and NordVPN getting 101ms and vice versa.

PS: at least that's what I think, and I could be wrong.

• Administrators

I would tend to agree with the others, its very situational/dependent on independent connections/ISPs. It would either increase ping or in some cases reduce it every so slightly. I can't see the benefit personally as the majority of the time you'll be connecting to a close server thanks to the Geo-Filter so I doubt there would be much ms that could be shaved off. With 3.0 though it could be something we implement and let people decide whether they want to use it or not.

• 6 months later...