How do I set internet up on my XR500 WITHOUT modem?

33 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I wouldn't want you to purchase something else if it is unnecessary. The Vodafone router connects to the socket in the wall to provide you with internet is that right? Could you let us know what the issues you're having connecting the XR to the Vodafone router are?

Well, I was able to access DumaOS, but only with the XR500 connected to my laptop via the lan cable (and the LAN had to be in the XR500’s black port (not the yellow one) I briefly went through DumaOS, checked out some of the settings and I even changed my PPPoE settings to the ones my provider gave me and nothing happened. It just took me to a page and said I have no internet afterwards. I must mention: I have not changed any of my settings in my VodafoneConnect though. I can see there was a customer that was struggling with Vodafone a few months ago and I even commented on his forum (you should be able to see as you were there too) I’m not sure what he did to get it working, but I think he has a modem? Anyways, I’ve tried multiple setups, I’ve tried having my Vodafone router connected to my master socket and then having my XR500 connected to it via LAN on the Vodafone’s LAN port (from XR500 internet port) 

no matter what I did, the internet section on the XR500 either stayed off or orange. The only time it was was ever white, was a when I used my Vodafone (RJ-11)  internet cable in the XR500 and it was plugged directly into the micro filter and the micro filter into the master socket (the same as my normal setup) Only problem is, the XR500 is RJ-45 and not RJ-11 and from what I’ve read, it can damage the port to keep it like that. This is the reason why I purchased the RJ-11 to RJ-45 cable (RJ-11 on one end of the cable and RJ-45 on the other day end), in hopes of potentially getting it to work, but I haven’t even tried the cable to be honest, as I’ve been told I need a modem. 

• Administrators

If the Vodafone router is in router mode which it sounds like it is then you actually don't need PPPoE on the XR so that might be where the issue of no internet is coming from so remove that, reboot the router and go through the setup wizard and see if you can get it to establish the connection. Have your normal setup and then just connect the Vodafone to the XR500 with an ethernet cable.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If the Vodafone router is in router mode which it sounds like it is then you actually don't need PPPoE on the XR so that might be where the issue of no internet is coming from so remove that, reboot the router and go through the setup wizard and see if you can get it to establish the connection. Have your normal setup and then just connect the Vodafone to the XR500 with an ethernet cable.

I have already tried this too, none of it worked. I tried it with both the PPPoE settings put in and without. Are you saying I need to try and have my new XR500 plugged into the master socket (instead of my Vodafone router) and just have the Vodafone one connected via LAN to the XR500? I haven’t tried it like that, but that’s the only thing I haven’t tried as it wouldn’t have worked without that cable converter, but now I have it. My Vodafone router is RJ-11, which is what my micro-filter (that goes into the master socket) accepted. So, I wasn’t able to have my new router directly in the wall as it only accepts RJ-45. Now that I have a RJ-11 to RJ-45 cable (that I specifically bought to try out) I can try my setup this time, just with the routers swapped? Is that what you want me to do? Because with my original Vodafone router in the master socket simply doesn’t work.

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hello, I appear to have got my XR500 online. I am now able to play my games whilst connected to the router and whilst my Vodafone router is connected to it. I did this by simply retrying my initial method. Somehow, despite being that I need a modem, I remained stubborn and persisted until it eventually worked. Thank you for the assistance to everyone, I really appreciate it. 

Why the people keep asking for a modem? If your ISP allows it you could use your xr500 and it will configure very simple, I have mine directly to the RJ45 because my ISP convert the fiber to an ONT box then I get the lan cable directly to my router, the modem they provided me works as a paper holder...

2 hours ago, SturmButcher said:

Why the people keep asking for a modem? If your ISP allows it you could use your xr500 and it will configure very simple, I have mine directly to the RJ45 because my ISP convert the fiber to an ONT box then I get the lan cable directly to my router, the modem they provided me works as a paper holder...

Could be to do with fibre, maybe.. ADSL needs a modem.

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Glad to hear you got it working!

Yes, now the only issue I’m having is regarding the party chat with my friends whilst using the geo filter feature. I have unticked auto ping host, set it to Spectator mode and pinged my friend on the map, but it either just loads nonstop or eventually says “Security error.” I’m allowed to allow or disallow game’s dedicated servers, but it seems I’m having a bit of an issue when it comes to my actual friends; it doesn’t do anything after I select them on the map. I’ve done everything that’s been explained. I have invited them to a party alone, in game and a party, the game itself, etc. Is there something I’m missing? 

Guest Killhippie
On 6/10/2020 at 4:09 AM, SturmButcher said:

He hasnt got fibre and a ONT is a modem.

10 hours ago, Crlsn said:

Yes, now the only issue I’m having is regarding the party chat with my friends whilst using the geo filter feature. I have unticked auto ping host, set it to Spectator mode and pinged my friend on the map, but it either just loads nonstop or eventually says “Security error.” I’m allowed to allow or disallow game’s dedicated servers, but it seems I’m having a bit of an issue when it comes to my actual friends; it doesn’t do anything after I select them on the map. I’ve done everything that’s been explained. I have invited them to a party alone, in game and a party, the game itself, etc. Is there something I’m missing? 

No you're not missing anything, I believe this is an issue to do with Geo-Filter compatibility with Sony's Party Chat servers.

Basically the Geo-Filter is blocking the party chat servers when they're outside of your radius. We need to whitelist all of them so that they never get blocked.

This will be done in the next cloud update, i'll make sure.

For now, I would suggest connecting to a party (with no games open) and ALLOW any of the servers you see on the map.

On 6/11/2020 at 11:46 AM, Netduma Alex said:

No you're not missing anything, I believe this is an issue to do with Geo-Filter compatibility with Sony's Party Chat servers.

Basically the Geo-Filter is blocking the party chat servers when they're outside of your radius. We need to whitelist all of them so that they never get blocked.

This will be done in the next cloud update, i'll make sure.

For now, I would suggest connecting to a party (with no games open) and ALLOW any of the servers you see on the map.

Thank you, I’ll try to do this