Port Scanner Status Closed

Update..... i tried everything and still did not win with getting the port/s to show as open. 

Since this is the case with me connecting to either the isp router/modem directly or the XR500, could the issue be chalked down to my isp perhaps blocking the ports on its end? 

3 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Unlikely, if the ports were open/you have an open NAT then they won't be blocking anything. 

My nat is open.... but ports show up as closed. 

Tried a different scanner but the result remains the same. 

Question....... how much of an impact would the closed port affect gameplay.......i'm taking my open nat as just being good for finding lobbies and connecting to friends easier but not that it has any effect on gameplay as i played for a large part on a strict nat and have not had any difference in gaming experience bar the connecting with friends in older cods due to nat. 

• Administrators

It won't really have an affect on gaming at all, it's more about connectivity, even if you had a strict NAT you can play with those on an open NAT. Some people say they play better with a moderate NAT for example but I haven't found that to be the case.

_20200614_020125.thumb.JPG.9e6511db3d89fdcbbbd6121ea06cef3f.JPGtried again and this is basically the only ports open on my XR500 and give or a take a few the same are open on my isp router/modem

However, port 3074 (among others) are nowhere to be found, lol

• Administrators

Something odd is happening, perhaps they're not triggering the router to say they're open like the suggestion where the torrent switches it to open. If/when you get in the beta, have a look at this and let us know if it still occurs.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Something odd is happening, perhaps they're not triggering the router to say they're open like the suggestion where the torrent switches it to open. If/when you get in the beta, have a look at this and let us know if it still occurs.

I was hoping other users would try and see if they get the port/s to reflect as open on their side. 

I have not received any email link as yet for the beta....... not sure if i will but i would have thought that users like myself and others on the forum who have pushed the current OS would have received the beta link by now. 

Lets see if 3.0 offers a different result..... i'll keep trying for now with what i have. 

28 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Netgear is choosing the testers for their hardware but more batches will be coming soon and you'll more than likely get it soon.

Looking forward to it. 

Since my interests are primarily gaming...... would you say that 3.0 offers a more stable connection as far as the experience goes. 

I am not too concerned about the geofilter/geofencing or the application qos (the current OS does not give me any issues with that) but am more interested in seeing how the prioritised packets are handled and how stable send and receive rates, etc.

• Administrators

I would say so but that's from my own testing. That's why it's really important to do the beta and especially in batches (so we can focus on fixing issues as and when they arise) so that we have that feedback from people playing different games, who have different connection setups etc.

22 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I would say so but that's from my own testing. That's why it's really important to do the beta and especially in batches (so we can focus on fixing issues as and when they arise) so that we have that feedback from people playing different games, who have different connection setups etc.

Are we able to share inputs from our experiences in this forum as is or will it all be restricted to the beta forum? 

• Administrators

It'll be restricted to the Netgear beta forum but we're on there and responding just like here. Having all the comments/feedback in one place is much easier to manage rather than split over two sites.

4 hours ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

J'espérais que d'autres utilisateurs essaieraient de voir s'ils obtiennent le ou les ports à refléter comme ouverts de leur côté. 

Je n'ai pas encore reçu de lien e-mail pour la version bêta ....... Je ne sais pas si je le ferai mais j'aurais pensé que des utilisateurs comme moi et d'autres sur le forum qui ont poussé le système d'exploitation actuel auraient reçu le lien bêta maintenant. 

Voyons si 3.0 offre un résultat différent ..... je vais continuer d'essayer pour l'instant avec ce que j'ai. 

hi i'm in france and i have the same problem as soon as i do a port scan the port is closed on 3074 and many others .. (i use portforward)

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, Locosano said:

hi i'm in france and i have the same problem as soon as i do a port scan the port is closed on 3074 and many others .. (i use portforward)

Do you have an open NAT also?

With the XR500 I have mixed results on this as well.. But there was something of interest I found.. When using port triggering I get better results.. One way to verify if the router is working you should see entries in the log of the XR500 that will state what ports are actually getting through.. Here is a screenshot of what it should look like. If you look close you will see what ports are actually being made and used when a connection is established..

2025335034_Screenshot(112).thumb.png.7bac9cded95c61dc53dddffd21694832.png

LAN access from remote is what one wants to look for.. Followed by the port and address it connects too.. The top entry you can see 3544 to 3074.. That is a good connection being made.. I dont get that when using UPNP on the XR500.. I only got that by port triggering and sometimes with DMZ..  

Thanks!

Zippy.

On 14/06/2020 at 21:18, Netduma Fraser said:

Avez-vous également un NAT ouvert?

hi frazer yes i have open game ports , i use manual port forwarding to be on car upnp i have the display bug
But when I test with port scans and I used 3 different all ports mentioned in the router are closed it's weird

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, Locosano said:

hi frazer yes i have open game ports , i use manual port forwarding to be on car upnp i have the display bug
But when I test with port scans and I used 3 different all ports mentioned in the router are closed it's weird

Really weird, we'll have to take a look at this on 3.0, when/if you get the beta see if this still happens as well.

10 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Vraiment bizarre, nous devrons y jeter un œil sur 3.0, lorsque / si vous obtenez la version bêta, voyez si cela se produit

okay I would be delighted to give you feedback and I will try to give you feedback also on the problems of qos with orange france dhcp
I signed up for the xr500 beta hoping to be in the second wave of testers ^^

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Really weird, we'll have to take a look at this on 3.0, when/if you get the beta see if this still happens as well.

Can you not test this since you already have 3.0 and see if the issue persists even with 3.0?

I dnt think we will be getting any beta links anytime soon. 

With you testing it, it will expidite the issue getting resolved vs waiting on us to get the beta as there is no timeframe for when that wud happen. 

• Administrators

We will test it yes but a perfect lab environment is different from various home environments with different ISPs and setups. First XR500 batch went out late last week so I don't think it will be long before the next batch is invited.