Port Scanner Status Closed

For a long time now i've been wondering why when scanning port 3074 on either the console or my laptop on whatismyip or advanced port scanner...... the port always comes up as being closed. 

What could be the cause of this? Testing via the XR500. 

Has anyone ever checked to see if specific ports are indeed open..... mine has always showed up as being closed. 

When i do this its also closed for me, so i then open utorrent on my computer use the port 3074 in the connection settings, then canyouseeme will work. 

12 hours ago, RedBull2k said:

When i do this its also closed for me, so i then open utorrent on my computer use the port 3074 in the connection settings, then canyouseeme will work. 

It doesnt work for me unfortunately...........what is strange is that in the upnp table...... port 3074  and the port my laptop uses shows as being open but when scanning for it, its comes up as being closed. 

When using advanced scanner for windows......and checking the ip of my console to see which ports are open or in use while gaming i get two strange tcp ports but no udp ports or port 3074.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

How is your XR setup with your ISP modem/router? Possible it's being blocked there.

Connection: Isp Router/Modem > XR500 (with static ip which has also been dmz'd in isp router/modem) > All devices connected to the XR wifi and lan ports. 

I have removed isp router/modem dmz and used upnp but result remains the same. 

I have no problems connecting to games or any connections issues........ its just bugging me why the ports come up as being closed. 

• Administrators

Could you try disabling UPnP on that please, also in WAN Settings untick disable port scan. No I couldn't but UPnP does show open ports so not sure what is going on there - I have an open NAT on games etc which makes me think its more to do with the actual scanning rather than the ports not being open.

38 minutes ago, RedBull2k said:

i can get it to show open, using utorrent.

When i preform same test with cod on pc it shows closed, this may be a security feature on pc/console for cod.

port.jpg

I saw a youtube clip where this method was used and the port showed as open.... it did it but on my end the port stayed closed. 

The port closes when utorrent is exited. To test simply disable firewall on the pc its preformed on.

But I guess ur concern is, while playing a game u feel that the ports are closed, and testing it on the above site confirms ur suspicion.

First you would need to find some1 that can show open when game is being played, b4 u can go any further. I can not get open this way. I dont think you can  but nothing wrong with trying. Good luck

10 hours ago, RedBull2k said:

But I guess ur concern is, while playing a game u feel that the ports are closed, and testing it on the above site confirms ur suspicion.

This is exactly it, lol

I'm going to try and see if i can get the ports to show open on my laptop by the disabling windows firewall as you suggested then run the ps4 through my laptops connection (as i would when doing wireshark captures) and see if it remains closed and how the gameplay feels.