Modern Warfare Random Ping Florida mega server

Luffy

Hi guys i have the xr500 and having some problems in warzone and multiplayer in modern warfare. First my setting in QoS are 70%/70% i try it with always never and high priority traffic. them my Geo filter setup are auto ping disable, strict mode enable, fast search disable, auto ping is set to 0, geo filter radio is 1000 km. Geofilter is setup with all that setting for my xboxone x. I trigger ports 3074 and 3075 and upnp is enable too. My problem is the following if my Geo Filter is in the florida server in oceanic to block geargia server why in the same mega server i get different pings for example my normal ping is 38-54 range but the server that i get send me to 90+ms. In 10 games i only can get 2 games with the most lower ping 38-54ms. The thing that i do is deny all time high ping servers but i think the geo filter is missing servers location. Because how if i play in florida server all time i have diferent ping. It supponse to have same ping all the time no random ping. Can someone know how fix it i blocked around 23 id high ping and just allow 9 low ping id servers. But  you know warzone if u join low ping lobby and u die in the first 15min u need w8 for try to get in the same server (Lobby). If i untick the auto ping cant ping manual never appear the information just in auto ping if i denied server the lobby d/c me so it working good, if i change auto ping to 42ms or any other setting get lobbies high ping too.When High Priority Traffic DetectedWhen High Priority Traffic Detected

Screenshot (3).png

Screenshot (4).png

Screenshot (5).png

• Luffy changed the title to Modern Warfare Random Ping Florida mega server
  • Administrators

Hi Luffy - welcome to the forum.

The change in server ping is most likely because some servers play better than others, even when in the same location.

Your QoS settings look good, so I would instead recommend using the Ping Assist feature like a ping filter. This should ensure you get lower pings. This guide explains how to do that:

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000087579--dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-ping-assist

41 minutes ago, Netduma Admin said:

Hi Luffy - welcome to the forum.

The change in server ping is most likely because some servers play better than others, even when in the same location.

Your QoS settings look good, so I would instead recommend using the Ping Assist feature like a ping filter. This should ensure you get lower pings. This guide explains how to do that:

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000087579--dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-ping-assist

I was just yesterday using that feature, been getting mad packet loss, maybe I need to lower the ping assist ? 

• Administrators
22 hours ago, SolidOny said:

I was just yesterday using that feature, been getting mad packet loss, maybe I need to lower the ping assist ? 

Try that or forcing different servers - either closer or slightly further away to see if you can find more consistent quality servers.

That server handles a TON of local island traffic and is really a tough server to consistently game on.

What I did was (and this worked beautifully) Deny the surrounding Miami Peer/Dedicated servers and force either a Georgia, Missouri, or Illinois server every game, instead. If you traceroute your ISP hops, to their source - then place your Geo-Filter location to the end of your trace you'll notice a more fluid connection. Give it a try.

It may take you longer to search for a match, but it's entirely worth it.

Edited by vShikko
Forgot something.

9 hours ago, vShikko said:

That server handles a TON of local island traffic and is really a tough server to consistently game on.

What I did was (and this worked beautifully) Deny the surrounding Miami Peer/Dedicated servers and force either a Georgia, Missouri, or Illinois server every game, instead. If you traceroute your ISP hops, to their source - then place your Geo-Filter location to the end of your trace you'll notice a more fluid connection. Give it a try.

It may take you longer to search for a match, but it's entirely worth it.

I’ve got lost in the trace route ISP Hops to their source. I’m from Puerto Rico and that’s the closest server, any tips?

• Administrators
On 5/15/2020 at 7:37 AM, SolidOny said:

I’ve got lost in the trace route ISP Hops to their source. I’m from Puerto Rico and that’s the closest server, any tips?

Due to your location those southern US servers will play the best for you but your ping won't be below 50ms I'm sure. Best thing you can do is ensure your connection is as best as it can be with QoS and forcing those servers so you're not placed further away.

12 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Due to your location those southern US servers will play the best for you but your ping won't be below 50ms I'm sure. Best thing you can do is ensure your connection is as best as it can be with QoS and forcing those servers so you're not placed further away.

Problem is that with florida Mega server I get sometimes ping elevated to 160+ and packet losses, Now when i connect to further servers i seem to notice way less packet loss most of them 0 and incredibly lower ping (60-80) i came to put geo filter in the middle of US blocking west coast servers and using the middle one and east coast blocking florida server with Strict and out of geo filter. Works best for me, i just doesnt make sense connecting to that server that is closer yet getting horrible connection on it. image.thumb.png.48677b1ffd8417c643dc89f7b180844c.png 

• Administrators

This is likely that the server is mislocated, I've worked with Alex to identify some cloud issues so hopefully this should be less of an issue in the future. For right now keep what is working for you.

Try fix the cloud because is very rare when u have the close server for ur location and have ping issue. No matter what id the lobby has it suppose to have same ping all time in same location of the ping is random this is because this game no have real dedicate servers. I see a lot of pro players with same randoms ping and have the same complains but for the next call of duty i w8 for watch what type of servers going to use activision. Another funny thing is fortnite i have 50-60ms gear 5 40-55ms and bf5 68ms all the time, never change  like this game.

• Administrators
14 hours ago, Luffy said:

Try fix the cloud because is very rare when u have the close server for ur location and have ping issue. No matter what id the lobby has it suppose to have same ping all time in same location of the ping is random this is because this game no have real dedicate servers. I see a lot of pro players with same randoms ping and have the same complains but for the next call of duty i w8 for watch what type of servers going to use activision. Another funny thing is fortnite i have 50-60ms gear 5 40-55ms and bf5 68ms all the time, never change  like this game.

A lot of people are playing at the moment so the servers are likely under heavy load. Also it is possible that there are mislocated servers where you are so we'll sort that.

• 7 months later...

Hey @Netduma Fraser i am having the same issue on PC. Playing warzone. I get 140-150 ping and 10-20% packet loss. I believed the issue was the servers but funnily enough I have a friend with the same router who happened to join the exact same server as I (he lives an hour from me) and had excellent <30 ping connection. And all of the players in my party same <50 ping lo packet loss. I have looked everywhere to find a fix for this. I did OG method and marked over 10 servers as denied but at this point I would run out of servers. Have you by any chance came across any fixes ? Going desperate here. 

10 hours ago, Elitex said:

Hey @Netduma Fraser i am having the same issue on PC. Playing warzone. I get 140-150 ping and 10-20% packet loss. I believed the issue was the servers but funnily enough I have a friend with the same router who happened to join the exact same server as I (he lives an hour from me) and had excellent <30 ping connection. And all of the players in my party same <50 ping lo packet loss. I have looked everywhere to find a fix for this. I did OG method and marked over 10 servers as denied but at this point I would run out of servers. Have you by any chance came across any fixes ? Going desperate here. 

Welcome to the forum! Could you also provide a full screenshot of your Geo-filter map?