Help! Best Modem to Buy for XR700

Trip

I want to upgrade a modem I have been renting from Comcast for years. I want to actually buy my own modem and stop renting from them. I was hoping to get any suggestions from this awesome community on which modem you would select to purchase from previous experience or knowledge.

I keep looking at these three modems below and I am not sure which one to buy.

Motorola MB8600
Arris SB8200
Netgear CM1200

I don't need voice or a built-in router. I know my speeds will not fully utilize these modems above, but that is cool with me. These modems above are on the approved list from Comcast.

ISP: Comcast
Router: XR700
Download: 120
Upload: 12

Thank you for your time

Thank you for your reply! I have searched these forums and I have notice a lot of post about the SB8200 and some people having issues with this modem. I searched for the MB8600 and got a few post but not much issues that I can tell. I searched the CM1200 and I only found a couple post, maybe it is brand new. I have been leaning more towards the MB8600 or CM1200. Does anyone else have opinions on these modems or know a good site for reviews that is legit.

I have Spectrum (previous Time Warner) cable internet with 350M down and 24M up.  I have been using a Netgear CM600 (DOCSIS 3.0) modem since 2016.   I purchased the Netgear CM1200 (DOCSIS 3.1) modem for two reasons - 1) I wanted to reduce latency with the active queue management (AQM) which is part DOCSIS 3.1 and 2) my neighborhood is slated for internet upgrades (i.e. giga speeds) in the near future.

@Trip The SB8200 and the MB8600 both use the Broadcom 3390 chipsets. Which is good.

The SB8200 I did beta test. I had no issues with it at all. But with that said it did run warm. But it also has a giant heatsink inside of it. Another thing that many have talked about with this modem was why it had so much memory. The SB has 3GB of memory.  While the MB8600 has only 512MB. Many today still question why there is so much memory with the SB8200. Some say it helps with processing. But yet who knows. 

The MB8600 seems to run cooler and many seem to like it. It also has 4  ports on the back. But really in reality you only use one. Those 4 ports are meant for Link Aggregation Grouping. You will understand this more when you set this up with your ISP. But again you will only use one. Another neat thing about the MB8600 is it has a power button on the back. Again something that many do find nice to have. The SB doesn't have a power button on the back. You just unplug it. I think why a lot do gravitate towards the MB8600 is the price. To me the price is why so many do like this one. Its cheaper then the SB8200.

The CM1200 I have absolutely no experience with. I don't think that modem was even around at the time when the SB8200 or the MB8600 first hit the market. I think maybe the CM1000 was though. Again not sure on that.

My conclusion here to you is pick the one you feel comfortable with. And of course your ISP allows. If you pick the MB8600 im sure it will serve you just fine for years to come. Heck I may try the MB8600 just because id like to compare it myself..  You will find when you ask people there opinion on this type of product your going to get arrange of opinions..  If you want more detailed info on these two dslreports should give some more insight for you.

Good luck with your purchase! 

Zippy.