Another idea (firewall gui)

Hello :)

Is a "firewall" interface provided in Duma v3?

The XR500 and XR700 are powerful routers for small businesses.

It would be nice to have a view on the attack attempts, block ips (or whole countries), ...

It seems to me that the XR are equipped with anti-ddos technologies, but we have no view on the attacks :(

Thanks !

I like this idea, we're planning on adding more security focused features to DumaOS in future. Right now we are mainly focused on the gaming market but if/when we decide to expand from that, this would be a great step. Thanks for the suggestion!

2 hours ago, santa78 said:

Hello :)

Is a "firewall" interface provided in Duma v3?

The XR500 and XR700 are powerful routers for small businesses.

It would be nice to have a view on the attack attempts, block ips (or whole countries), ...

It seems to me that the XR are equipped with anti-ddos technologies, but we have no view on the attacks :(

Thanks !

what you mean anti-ddos? the xr500 wont even load when I get ddos have to reboot it

• Administrators
51 minutes ago, Tripper said:

what you mean anti-ddos? the xr500 wont even load when I get ddos have to reboot it

Most likely referring to Hybrid VPN - if they attempt to DDoS you then the VPN IP would go down, allowing you to change the server and be back up very quickly.

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Most likely referring to Hybrid VPN - if they attempt to DDoS you then the VPN IP would go down, allowing you to change the server and be back up very quickly.

The Hybrid VPN needs optimizing it can sometimes make the gataway sluggish and other times not.

21 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I also tested the Hybrid VPN today the VPN ip shows up when hosting games but when you join the xbox party it leaks the real ip for some reason.

• Administrators
15 hours ago, Tripper said:

The Hybrid VPN needs optimizing it can sometimes make the gataway sluggish and other times not.

49 minutes ago, Tripper said:

I also tested the Hybrid VPN today the VPN ip shows up when hosting games but when you join the xbox party it leaks the real ip for some reason.

It makes accessing your gateway slow? We'll be working to fix that for the next version, interesting it does it in certain scenarios.

20 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It makes accessing your gateway slow? We'll be working to fix that for the next version, interesting it does it in certain scenarios.

This was on my hotspot on pc I was monitoring incoming ips on the xbox app party and I join it with my xbox with the vpn on and it shows it leaks my actual ip

gffsdgt.thumb.jpg.317ff3d58a7d3b37b3798b0e0a2f6356.jpg

Here it shows the vpn working when hosting a game of minecraft on the xbox and I join it with my pc

Untitledgsxd.thumb.jpg.93f5d9f35bc2ebce93e23f9abf30a718.jpg