No connection to xr 500 with media converter

Hello, 
I have bad experience with my modem HH3000 Bell from Montreal (Canada) even with 400mb Fiber i have lags and latencies in my ps4 games, i bought Nighthawk XR500 and connected it with my modem and still have thoses issus and lags. So i bought "TP-Link MC220L Media converter Gigabit 1000 Mbps RJ45 " to delete my modem and connect fiber to xr 500 but i didn't work, so i set PPPoe as internet setting and my username and passeword from my ISP but it didn't work. 
So i saw a lot of people on internet that did it but in another routers there is the setting in other routers :
SFP insterted into the media convertor, attached to my RT-5300 in the WAN slot.
- Connection will be PPPoE
- enter your bell B1 username and your password.
- in the LAN enter vlan 35 for Internet
So please can you help me to connecte my xr 500 to Tp media converter with the right settings in router ? 

Welcome to the forum!

There's a section under Advanced Settings called VLAN / Bridge settings. This may contain the settings you need.

If you can't see these settings, you may need to upgrade. You can download this firmware file to your computer and upload it to the router from Administration > Firmware Update.

https://kb.netgear.com/000061157/XR500-Firmware-Version-2-3-2-56

Hi Alex, 

I solved a problem, but i did too many test in my pc and ps4 the download/upload speed are excellent but im experiencing lags and delay in fifa 20 even in menu, i have ports forwarded, unpn on, antibuff on, Qos ps4 priority. 
What's best setting to avoid thoses lags in fifa please ? 

Many thanks 

before netgear router i have decent connection when Fifa servers were not saturated like at the night or the morning, but now i have lags 24 hours a day, that's why im sure i missed up with something in setting with the router