How can I share PC connection with console?

Grafti

In order to use Network manager software, I wish to share my PC internet connection with my Xbox. I DON'T TO BRIDGE CONNECTION, just share to make sure I can manipulate the console connection.

But is getting such a headache to do this. Here is what I do.

First of all, this is the device I'm using to connect my Xbox to my PC. I connect the ethernet cable on Xbox and the USB 3.0 to my PC

Compartir9.thumb.jpg.675ccb479431dcfec938b4d321ead88c.jpg

"Ethernet" is PC cable connection with Netduma R1 and "Ethernet" 4 is the connection with Xbox

Compartir1.thumb.jpg.6153e2feab5853f0a9e4bf41cbb9b5b0.jpg

I right click on "ethernet" propierties and then "share connection" and I set it like this. Just share with "Ethernet 4"

Compartir2.thumb.jpg.58621a0e4fcabdf1cb6af74c740e315a.jpg

Configuration looks like this... I have manually added Xbox live ports and port 3075 for CoD

Compartir3.thumb.jpg.80232f352ce78ccfd517f4f13c7166ee.jpg

I accept all, but at a first time Xbox does not recognize connection. First of all, it show this. "NAT: Obtainning information" and bellow "Information of the service not available"

Compartir6.thumb.jpg.6bc84b9fed5257c619ca8be8175caef2.jpg

Then, after searching, it shows this. "NAT: not available xbox.com/xboxone/Teredo"

Compartir7.thumb.jpg.1f02692ba33f7241c92bbba917b2e2a2.jpg

And aftera while, (when my PC feel like it...), suddendly my xbox has connection like this. "NAT: Moderate, UPnP: incorrect"

Compartir8.thumb.jpg.b3655a08e7a96774755fc4d6c7694c1e.jpg

At this point the connection works, and I can play online, but is not showned on Geophilter. I have my PC with static IP, and set as "console". Also I have forwarded all Xbox live ports on my PC, but nothing happens.

Compartir4.thumb.jpg.a89e453400a6d26b14ed0198f0bc6876.jpg

Compartir5.thumb.jpg.019a994053931da9b3f1d59bc0aff323.jpg

I can say that the game is more playable than when I connect Xbox directly to my R1, but is still far from being fixed. My hit registration has improved, and seems that I do not need so many bullets to kill an enemy, but at the same time, I'm more easy to kill, and I'm still a little behind from other players. If an enemy has seen me at the same time as I have seen him, I'm almost dead. But the prove that gamexperience has improved is that I have not raged on the last days.

So the question is... How can I get an open NAT with this methos? And how can I make Geophilter work in this method?

(Sorry for such huge images, but I think that an image is better than 1000 words 😉)

The easiest way is to have 2 ethernet cards on the PC and create a network bridge between the cards. Then you install any software that allows you to modify your connection as you wish ...

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I think it will be difficult to get an open NAT or have it work with the Geo-Filter unless you bridge the connections as above.

I didn't bridge my connections and I had the geo filter working fine.

From the screen shot he posted, it looks like he's got it set to filtering mode on his PC AND console and that may be confusing things and thats why its not working maybe?

1 minute ago, N3CR0 said:

I didn't bridge my connections and I had the geo filter working fine.

From the screen shot he posted, it looks like he's got it set to filtering mode on his PC AND console and that may be confusing things and thats why its not working maybe?

So wich one are you using on geo? PC or Console?

13 minutes ago, Grafti said:

So wich one are you using on geo? PC or Console?

PC. You don't need it for your console as your console is not connected to your Duma anymore.

I believe Bert did state this in the other thread where this was first mentioned.

27 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

PC. You don't need it for your console as your console is not connected to your Duma anymore.

I believe Bert did state this in the other thread where this was first mentioned.

Naaaaa

I hasn't worked

Yes exactly.

As far as DumaOS is concerned, it only sees the PC. Your PC effectively acts as a router.

So you also need to set your forwarding rules and prioritization rules towards the PC. (I don't bother with this most of the time, just play on moderate NAT)

Your PC needs to be in the geofilter, set as console  and that is what controls the PS4/Xbox.

I find it's a little less reliable though, sometimes I have to turn off sharing and turn it back on for it to work.

I leave both sets of QoS rules on in the router and both PS4 and PC in geofilter so if I use the ICS setup for testing, I just plug over the ethernet cable, run the setupwizzard on the PS4 and it works.

If you use bridge mode it just passes the ethernet signal on. So then it would be the same as if your console is connected straight to the router. This would be the best but I had issues getting wireshark and connection manager to work that way.

13 hours ago, Bert said:

If you use bridge mode it just passes the ethernet signal on. So then it would be the same as if your console is connected straight to the router. This would be the best but I had issues getting wireshark and connection manager to work that way.

Bro... no way of making geophilter work 😓

I have left only PC set as console, but nothing happens.

Bridging connections... I would prefer not to do this. As I said, my game experience has improved by just sharing the connection with PC. I'm easy to kill, and seems that I'm some miliseconds behind, but hit markers has improved and that's a parcial (great) victory. Yesterday I tried playing by bridging connection, and yes, geophilter worked normally and I had open NAT, but man... the 3 games I played were a total disaster. Shot first - die first, instakills, feeling a second behind, hit recognition broken... everything that could go wrong, went wrong. That's why I don't want to return to a standard connection.

@Bert and @N3CR0, If you have the chance, I would really appreciate if you upload some screenshots of your settings, wich ports you share on the PC-Console connection, ports openned on Netduma, Geophilter settings, port prioritation, etc... every help is so wellcome :)

I think this topic could be very useful to a lot of players

2 hours ago, Grafti said:

Bro... no way of making geophilter work 😓

I have left only PC set as console, but nothing happens.

Bridging connections... I would prefer not to do this. As I said, my game experience has improved by just sharing the connection with PC. I'm easy to kill, and seems that I'm some miliseconds behind, but hit markers has improved and that's a parcial (great) victory. Yesterday I tried playing by bridging connection, and yes, geophilter worked normally and I had open NAT, but man... the 3 games I played were a total disaster. Shot first - die first, instakills, feeling a second behind, hit recognition broken... everything that could go wrong, went wrong. That's why I don't want to return to a standard connection.

@Bert and @N3CR0, If you have the chance, I would really appreciate if you upload some screenshots of your settings, wich ports you share on the PC-Console connection, ports openned on Netduma, Geophilter settings, port prioritation, etc... every help is so wellcome :)

I think this topic could be very useful to a lot of players

I didn't prio or port any ports when I tried it. Couldn't get prio ports to work so just used the DumaOS Classified Games option instead.

As for the geo filter, once I changed the PC to a console, it worked as it should. Oh and I had to set the CoD server and XBL server to Allow also, otherwise it wouldn't connect.

I didn't have any of that. Geofilter works straight out of the box for me as soon as I set my PC to console in Duma OS. The Singapore datacenter is automaticly whitelisted though since it's also a backend server.

Port prioritisation. You need to check in your menu at MW what the source port is under External IP. But I use the range 62000-65535 and that works for me.

Otherwise there is really no magic settings I used.

As for open NAT.

1. You can run your PC in DMZ and forward 3074 to playstation (or other ports on XBOX but I am not sure of this). I am not a fan of doing this for PC though.

2. In XR500 settings -> WAN setup set NAT filtering to open. This actually gives me OpenNAT without doing anything else. So I assume uPNP takes care of it here.

24 minutes ago, Bert said:

1. You can run your PC in DMZ and forward 3074 to playstation (or other ports on XBOX but I am not sure of this). I am not a fan of doing this for PC though.

2. In XR500 settings -> WAN setup set NAT filtering to open. This actually gives me OpenNAT without doing anything else. So I assume uPNP takes care of it here.

Thank you!

I don't mind playing with Moderate NAT. I also think it works better than Open, although Netduma developpers says that is just a Placebo 😶

Setting PC in DMZ?? Never in life!! 😂

I thing that my problems are somewere here... (or in ipv4 configuration)

Compartir3.thumb.jpg.c750b9369891e537cd5f96f3532cbe9b.jpg

I added the xbox live and cod ports there, but seems that I'm missing something in the way.

Anyway I will investigate further to guess if there's something more I coul do.

2 hours ago, Bert said:

What IP do you refer to in that setting?

It needs to be the console's IP.

I was getting this without touching anything

Compartir6.thumb.jpg.462568c79908d8a0b1db8e8c3065a198.jpg

Compartir7.thumb.jpg.f545d260830241001b6e2260f3cbd142.jpg

Then I tried to put the same IP direction to the Ethernet sharing (192.168.137.59), but when I do, the console takes this IP as main gateway and just gives another IP address. Both situations gives me Moderate NAT, incorrect UPnP and geophilter not working. 

Compartir8.thumb.jpg.65dd7b174037a9162a6cd997b7a26bf9.jpg

Compartir9.thumb.jpg.5f29dcc919f645fe96118c1b164705e0.jpg

If I write a main gateway direction, it just stop working, also if I Enable "get ip address automatically" the console just don´t connect

23 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

I've had Moderate NAT on my Xbox for ages, only just figured out it that the server its trying to connect to is blocked by the geo filter to I set that server to Allow and bam... Open NAT.

Yeah, I don´t mind at all Moderate NAT. I even like it! The problem is still with geophilter that is not working

20 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

Strange. I had no problems getting mine working.

If you have the chance, I would really appreciate if you post a picture of your ip config in your share settings of your PC 😊

On 1/15/2020 at 6:01 PM, N3CR0 said:

I didn't touch any of that. Didn't need to.

That's the reason why I would like to see your ipv4 config!

Just wanna figure out what kind os setup I must copy to make it work :)

4 minutes ago, Grafti said:

That's the reason why I would like to see your ipv4 config!

Just wanna figure out what kind os setup I must copy to make it work :)

Its the same as yours... without the CoD and Xbox Live parts.

Just now, N3CR0 said:

Its the same as yours... without the CoD and Xbox Live parts.

No, I'm not refering at the ports. I'll try to show you

Firts right click on the ethernet port that is giving internet to our console. Then click on PropiertiesNecro1.thumb.jpg.6fb3a89e75bc38303f78201541f010c8.jpg

Look for ipv4 configuration and double click on itNecro2.thumb.jpg.d5e75fba3bff1017a0d96bc14cc415c0.jpg

And finally, it will show you a window like this one. This is the configuration I'm looking for

Necro3.thumb.jpg.aea6abe47e87172efefaae3e2f1240ab.jpg