Inputting the Bandwidth?

It matters if you set it too low, because then Anti-Bufferbloat at 100% will still be limiting your connection.

In fact the whole of the QoS section needs an accurate maximum bandwidth entered in order to function properly.

Features that we're adding in future will also be reliant on an accurate maximum bandwidth.

However, if you have your Anti-Bufferbloat set to something specific, I suppose you'd get the same results doing 50% of 100Mb or 100% of 50Mb.

45 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

It matters if you set it too low, because then Anti-Bufferbloat at 100% will still be limiting your connection.

In fact the whole of the QoS section needs an accurate maximum bandwidth entered in order to function properly.

Features that we're adding in future will also be reliant on an accurate maximum bandwidth.

However, if you have your Anti-Bufferbloat set to something specific, I suppose you'd get the same results doing 50% of 100Mb or 100% of 50Mb.

Cool, thanks for the response. Was just curious because I have 300/300 fiber & tried to see if putting lower speeds (50/50) in there would actually throttle / limit my incoming speeds, but it did not. Looks like on the OG R1 firmware, only the sliders do that.Β 

• Administrators

If you selected 'Never' for Anti-Bufferbloat then it wouldn't throttle at all. If you selected 'Always' even if you kept it at 100% and you put lower speeds in than what you have then it would throttle and you'd only be able to get the bandwidth speeds you've said you have.

59 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you selected 'Never' for Anti-Bufferbloat then it wouldn't throttle at all. If you selected 'Always' even if you kept it at 100% and you put lower speeds in than what you have then it would throttle and you'd only be able to get the bandwidth speeds you've said you have.

I am in the Original Netduma R1 Firmware Support section, correct?Β 

If the OG firmware used something like the Codel algorithm it would also help you with the bandwidth sharing feature. Basicly if you set your connection to 1000/1000 and you have 300/300 and devices start competing, the settings you use in the bandwidth distribution flower would not work right.Β