anti bufferbloat issue

ive owned 2 of the xr500 and had a issue with them. the first one I had to send back because of the ethernet ports being backwards issue (first batch issue) but the second and main issue that both routers have had is the same.

whenever I use anti bufferbloat doesn't matter what % it is on 70 or 95 I get a  ton of unprioritized packets on background not high priority especially on upload and it bumps up even higher if I run a speedtest through console and PC. I get up to 20K on upload and on download at about 7K. now if I do a factory which I have to because even if turn off ABB it still keeps adding the unprioritized packets, but when I do a factory reset the unprioritized packets stay at zero until I turn on ABB.

when I used ABB at 70% most times feels like I am 1-5ms behind and get killed even tho I shot first. I just had connection drop on COD MW and saw this message ERROR PARSING LINE IN APR TABLE: DEV BRWAN LLADDER ROUTER STALE'

Pingplotter shows that my line is fine and I get no packet loss doing a speedtest multiple times. so what else is there to do?

• Administrators

Unprioritized packets are fine, these are just the normal packets that aren't being prioritized by the router e.g. your web browsing, downloads etc. Having high unprioritized packets is expected as you should only really be prioritizing your game which won't be as many packets. I'd suggest you saturate your connection with streams/downloads etc while following this guide and changing your Anti-Bufferbloat percentage until you find what lowers your ping/keeps it stable. That will ensure you've got the best setup for local congestion. There are also various topics and posts around the forum very recently about using specific Traffic Prioritization ports that may improve your experience. @kinel posts a lot about this so may be a good place to start.

http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-how-to-test-your-internet-ping

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Unprioritized packets are fine, these are just the normal packets that aren't being prioritized by the router e.g. your web browsing, downloads etc. Having high unprioritized packets is expected as you should only really be prioritizing your game which won't be as many packets. I'd suggest you saturate your connection with streams/downloads etc while following this guide and changing your Anti-Bufferbloat percentage until you find what lowers your ping/keeps it stable. That will ensure you've got the best setup for local congestion. There are also various topics and posts around the forum very recently about using specific Traffic Prioritization ports that may improve your experience. @kinel posts a lot about this so may be a good place to start.

http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-how-to-test-your-internet-ping

Sorry to hijack this post, but I have a question. I just followed the guide you posted and did a test of my own with ping plotter and ABB active at 70%. I was watching two youtube videos one at 4K and another at 1080p, whilst also downloading a movie as well. Does this look good and stable or do I need to tweak it more?

lmF3mWQ.png

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, Ownsin said:

Sorry to hijack this post, but I have a question. I just followed the guide you posted and did a test of my own with ping plotter and ABB active at 70%. I was watching two youtube videos one at 4K and another at 1080p, whilst also downloading a movie as well. Does this look good and stable or do I need to tweak it more?

It does look stable, the ping is a bit high but that really depends on what your base ping is i.e. what your ping is when you're not downloading etc ideally done direct to the modem so you then have a point of reference to work from.

5 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It does look stable, the ping is a bit high but that really depends on what your base ping is i.e. what your ping is when you're not downloading etc ideally done direct to the modem so you then have a point of reference to work from.

I know the base ping is high, that's because I'm not close to the server physically. I'm just asking if is it stable or it needs more tweaking?

15 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

By doing the same tests and experimenting with different percentages and see what brings it down the most

This is odd, I have set it really low. Down to 25% and no matter what I can't make it flatline like the guide...

4 hours ago, kinel said:

When you do this you have to do both upload and download sliders  not just one as they both affdct the  reading  mine was worse than your  but now i cant get it  flatline

I always change bother sliders. I changed them to 50% and 70% and even 25%. I kept playing around, but I still can't get a flatline 😕. I just don't understand why? I'm not even having any packet loss issues. Is it the router not being good enough to do this?

On 12/15/2019 at 7:47 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

I use DMZ for my xbox one x but now I have another issue I cant login it says DumaOS not loaded yet! ive been waiting for an hour now. do I really have to do yet another factory reset?

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, OnlineGamer said:

I use DMZ for my xbox one x but now I have another issue I cant login it says DumaOS not loaded yet! ive been waiting for an hour now. do I really have to do yet another factory reset?

I've reported this to our team as this seems to be affecting a few people today, please follow these instructions provided as a workaround while we investigate:

1. Go to http://routerlogin.net/adv_index.htm
2. Administration -> Firmware Update
3. Download one of these firmware versions (latest two versions before .56*) https://kb.netgear.com/000060464/XR500-Firmware-Version-2-3-2-40 or http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/XR500/XR500-V2.3.2.32.zip
4. Unpack the .zip file
5. Browse to Image file
6. Upload
7. Go back to Administration -> Firmware Update and disable Auto Upgrade until we can say this has been resolved.

*These versions lack some security updates from the .56 firmware but this is unlikely to affect you.

18 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I've reported this to our team as this seems to be affecting a few people today, please follow these instructions provided as a workaround while we investigate:

1. Go to http://routerlogin.net/adv_index.htm
2. Administration -> Firmware Update
3. Download one of these firmware versions (latest two versions before .56*) https://kb.netgear.com/000060464/XR500-Firmware-Version-2-3-2-40 or http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/XR500/XR500-V2.3.2.32.zip
4. Unpack the .zip file
5. Browse to Image file
6. Upload
7. Go back to Administration -> Firmware Update and disable Auto Upgrade until we can say this has been resolved.

*These versions lack some security updates from the .56 firmware but this is unlikely to affect you.

Just did the .40 still the same issue only thing that fixed it was yet another factory reset.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I've made a post on it and removed .40 link as .32 seems to work better.

.32 works. CPU0 and CPU1 are now below 50% usage. in .56 was between 60% and 80%. so far I havent gotten any (Knock on wood) background unprioritized packets. I just think .56 is really buggy.

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, OnlineGamer said:

.32 works. CPU0 and CPU1 are now below 50% usage. in .56 was between 60% and 80%. so far I havent gotten any (Knock on wood) background unprioritized packets. I just think .56 is really buggy.

Unprioritized packets are normal, they're just not prioritized as that will just be for gaming.