PSN or Microsoft servers for Call of Duty?

Cajun72

Hi guys, 

My old PS4 is on it's last legs so I might have to purchase a new console 😕

Before I do I was hoping if anyone of you experts on here would kindly chip in as I'm open to buying either an xbox or PS4 (mainly for Call of Duty games) 

Which of the two servers are more reliable, smoother, better connections etc.?

Ta

I can't speak for the servers and connections as I'm a PlayStation man, never had an xbox. Back in the Ps3 and xbox 360 days it was my impression that xbox was slightly better but I don't know if it is now or not. 

One thing to mention however if it's mainly Call of Duty games is that PlayStation have an exclusivity deal with for Call of Duty meaning they get things first and sometimes exclusively. Basically PlayStation gets priority, xbox use to have a similar deal for years but that ended around 2 years ago if I remember rightly. 

In terms of graphics, I think it's widely accepted that the consoles go like this, from worst to best:

• Xbox One
  • PS4
  • PS4 Pro
  • Xbox One X

So depending on whether you're going for the low or high end model, that might factor into your decision.

If you're interested in playing older CoD games as well as new ones, the Xbox One is backwards compatible with Xbox 360 so I think you can play every CoD game on Xbox One.

As for PSN vs Xbox Live... They're pretty comparable to be honest. I've had more network problems with PS4 myself, as there was a bug that caused the ethernet cable not to be recognised... But that might just be a faulty console!

I prefer the PS4's user interface but that's a matter of taste.

Thanks for the feedback so far. 

What I am interested in mainly is connection to COD games.so which of the servers performs best really based on forum feedback.

I think I recall from from Simjc's channel  that microsoft azure servers are good?

so if anyone else can provide positive/negative for both sides that would be great.

:)