MW unplayable (PC)

thewilloxdiaz

I would appreciate someone who provide a decent configuration to MW on PC. Been struggling on MP, is just unplayable. Just feel like i die in 1 shot and i lose every single 1v1. Sometimes my average ping is between 110 ms - 150 ms. Back in the beta i used to have 30 - 40 ms for unknown reasons, still, gameplay was smoother and playable.  

Physical Location: Ecuador
ISP: Fiber 25 up 25 down
UPnP: ON
PC: Wired set as PS4
QoS: 70 - 70
Share Excess: ON
Traffic Prioritization: All devices 
NAT  TYPE: Moderate

Geo Filter:
 * Filtering Mode: ON
 * Distance: 300 kms
 * Strict mode: ON
 * Ping Assist: 75 - 85 ms
 * Auto ping and Fast search: OFF

I think geo filter and ping assist should be used seperate to each other, not at same time.

Try geo filter on and ping assist off first and see if it improves.

Have a read through the section at other peoples attempts to clean up their online experience.

11 hours ago, faulko said:

I think geo filter and ping assist should be used seperate to each other, not at same time.

Try geo filter on and ping assist off first and see if it improves.

Have a read through the section at other peoples attempts to clean up their online experience.

By Ping Assist "off" you mean lowering it by 0, right? 

1 hour ago, thewilloxdiaz said:

By Ping Assist "off" you mean lowering it by 0, right? 

Yes.

Ideally you would use the Geo Filter set at your location, or at a location of the server you want to connect too and have it as filtered. The should only allow connections within the circle.

Next option would be to have the Geo Filter as spectate and use the ping assist set to a desired timing, 50ms for example. This should only allow connections up to 50ms.

6 hours ago, faulko said:

Yes.

Ideally you would use the Geo Filter set at your location, or at a location of the server you want to connect too and have it as filtered. The should only allow connections within the circle.

Next option would be to have the Geo Filter as spectate and use the ping assist set to a desired timing, 50ms for example. This should only allow connections up to 50ms.

Just tried Spectate mode, strict mode and 80 ms ping and the results were same as asual. I found games between 110 - 150 ms. I think Spectate mode bypass ping assist and strict mode.

• Administrators

Looking it up online it is possible to get a lower ping between your location and Miami however this is very dependent on the route your packets take from you to the server. Between Miami and Ecuador the lowest ping is about 70ms with perfect routing. The ping you're describing is that what the Geo-Filter says or the game? If we assume that it is fine and focus on your connection then I would suggest you follow this guide while saturating your connection with downloads, streams etc and lowing Anti-Bufferbloat to find what keeps the ping as low and stable as possible: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-how-to-test-your-internet-ping

9 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Looking it up online it is possible to get a lower ping between your location and Miami however this is very dependent on the route your packets take from you to the server. Between Miami and Ecuador the lowest ping is about 70ms with perfect routing. The ping you're describing is that what the Geo-Filter says or the game? If we assume that it is fine and focus on your connection then I would suggest you follow this guide while saturating your connection with downloads, streams etc and lowing Anti-Bufferbloat to find what keeps the ping as low and stable as possible: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-how-to-test-your-internet-ping

I set 70 ms on the Ping Assist and in game says 88 ms - 97 ms. But in the Geo Filter when i ping to the host sometimes it says 72 ms. 

86 - 95.png

89_-_93_-_107.png

72.png

11 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

So i did the test and heres the results:

*Pic 1: www.ecuavisa.com is a website close to my location. 8.7 ms average.
*Pic 2: www.google.com 70.3 ms average.
*Pic 3: www.ecuavisa.com Anti Buffer Boat in Always, sliders on 70% up 70% down and buffering 2 1080p videos on YouTube and downloading Black Ops 3 on Steam
*Pic 4: same as Pic 3 but the sliders at 30% both.

As you can see, i have packet loss. Any recommendations?

pic 1.pngpic 2.pngpic 3.png

pic4.png

The fact that you can access websites without packet loss when your connection is idle suggests that there's no problem with your line, which is good.

The fact that even with the sliders down to 30% you're still getting packet loss, that's weird.

One question: are you saturating your connection and doing the test from the same PC? You need to use seperate devices.

4 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

The fact that you can access websites without packet loss when your connection is idle suggests that there's no problem with your line, which is good.

The fact that even with the sliders down to 30% you're still getting packet loss, that's weird.

One question: are you saturating your connection and doing the test from the same PC? You need to use seperate devices.

Yes, i am saturating my conection and doing the test on the same PC. You mean i have to saturate, for example, with a Wi-Fi device like a cellphone? I think 1 device was conected to the WI-FI while i was doing the test, but it was just idle, not downloading or buffering. Also, Pic 4 is a result without any other device (blocked) connected to the Wi-FI.

1 hour ago, Netduma Alex said:

Yeah I think you should stream some 4k video or something to your phone while running pingplotter on your PC. If you have a games console you could set that to stream at the same time.

Saturating with 3 devices via Wi-Fi: 

* 1 cellphone downloading COD Mobile
* 1 cellphone streaming a 4K video on YouTube
* 1 laptop streaming 5 4K videos on YouTube

As you can see it has packet loss.

ping plotter ecuavisa 70 70 wifi.png

• Administrators

The ping you were getting via the Geo-Filter shows you're getting what is about the best you could hope for given the distance between you and the server so that's great. Did you try any other percentages other than 70 & 30%. It's really important to put as many downloads/streams on as possible to really hammer the connection and then try different percentages to see what stabilises/lowers it the most. I'd suggest trying above 70% as well as below it and try going down in intervals of 10% if you find that it's quite good between two for example 50-60% then try in intervals of 5%.

23 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The ping you were getting via the Geo-Filter shows you're getting what is about the best you could hope for given the distance between you and the server so that's great. Did you try any other percentages other than 70 & 30%. It's really important to put as many downloads/streams on as possible to really hammer the connection and then try different percentages to see what stabilises/lowers it the most. I'd suggest trying above 70% as well as below it and try going down in intervals of 10% if you find that it's quite good between two for example 50-60% then try in intervals of 5%.

Hi, thanks for replying. Yes, i have only tested on 70% and 30%. Somehow, 30% gave me an A on buffebloat. I forget to mention that my ISP suscription plan is kinda insteresting. I have 25 mb up and down for like 12 hours, 10 am to 10pm, then it goes up to 50 mb up and down and sometimes 80 mb up and down till 10 am.

The first results i posted was at 10 pm (50 mb down and up) and the last one was at 12 pm (25 mb down and up) My internet conection has something  to do with the Packet Loss you saw on the results?

Also, found a very interesting issue. Last night I was downloading BOPS 3 on Steam at 5 - 6 mb/s on my Main Gaming PC, sliders at %100, while i was trying to watch a 1080p video on YouTube on my phone then i get disconnected a few times, it said i wasnt connected to the internet at all. Then i was saturating my connection streaming 5 videos on 4K on my laptop and i couldnt even load a page on my PC. Tried at 70% sliders and it was the same.

What may be causing this issue? On what speed should i do the new tests?

On 12/7/2019 at 9:01 AM, thewilloxdiaz said:

I would appreciate someone who provide a decent configuration to MW on PC. Been struggling on MP, is just unplayable. Just feel like i die in 1 shot and i lose every single 1v1. Sometimes my average ping is between 110 ms - 150 ms. Back in the beta i used to have 30 - 40 ms for unknown reasons, still, gameplay was smoother and playable.  

Physical Location: Ecuador
ISP: Fiber 25 up 25 down
UPnP: ON
PC: Wired set as PS4
QoS: 70 - 70
Share Excess: ON
Traffic Prioritization: All devices 
NAT  TYPE: Moderate

Geo Filter:
 * Filtering Mode: ON
 * Distance: 300 kms
 * Strict mode: ON
 * Ping Assist: 75 - 85 ms
 * Auto ping and Fast search: OFF

I don't know if this will help you but I noticed that when "Crossplay" is enabled I would be getting lag killed. Like I can move smoothly but I would die before someone even saw me or I thought they didn't see me.

It got me wondering if it only happens in Crossplay it must be a port issue. I'm on PS4 and at our house we have 4 PS4's so I have to use port forwarding. I already had all PS4 MW ports forwarded and it was still happening. So I next enabled Xbox MW ports and PC MW ports. Both UDP and TCP. After I have done that I have had no problems. I actually prefer Crossplay sometimes because you find lobbies faster. Yes I believe PC gamers have the upper hand because of mouse and keyboard (no offense) but it is so much better.

Try it out, see if it fixes your problems. I know you said hit marks but it's could be a delay issue also.

Hope you get it fixed! 👍

• Administrators
1 hour ago, thewilloxdiaz said:

Hi, thanks for replying. Yes, i have only tested on 70% and 30%. Somehow, 30% gave me an A on buffebloat. I forget to mention that my ISP suscription plan is kinda insteresting. I have 25 mb up and down for like 12 hours, 10 am to 10pm, then it goes up to 50 mb up and down and sometimes 80 mb up and down till 10 am.

The first results i posted was at 10 pm (50 mb down and up) and the last one was at 12 pm (25 mb down and up) My internet conection has something  to do with the Packet Loss you saw on the results?

Also, found a very interesting issue. Last night I was downloading BOPS 3 on Steam at 5 - 6 mb/s on my Main Gaming PC, sliders at %100, while i was trying to watch a 1080p video on YouTube on my phone then i get disconnected a few times, it said i wasnt connected to the internet at all. Then i was saturating my connection streaming 5 videos on 4K on my laptop and i couldnt even load a page on my PC. Tried at 70% sliders and it was the same.

What may be causing this issue? On what speed should i do the new tests?

It's certainly possible that it could be your ISP. It sounds like you were saturating it so much that it caused the disconnect/not loading to happen. What is the exact physical setup you have? Is it an ISP modem/router? - Does it provide WiFi that you use? Are all devices connected to the R1?

6 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It's certainly possible that it could be your ISP. It sounds like you were saturating it so much that it caused the disconnect/not loading to happen. What is the exact physical setup you have? Is it an ISP modem/router? - Does it provide WiFi that you use? Are all devices connected to the R1?

ISP Calix 813G Hub (PPPoE), doesnt provide WIFI. Yes, all devices are connected to the R1. My setup would be phyber line> Calix HUB> R1> PC or any other device.

1 hour ago, michaeljfig said:

I don't know if this will help you but I noticed that when "Crossplay" is enabled I would be getting lag killed. Like I can move smoothly but I would die before someone even saw me or I thought they didn't see me.

It got me wondering if it only happens in Crossplay it must be a port issue. I'm on PS4 and at our house we have 4 PS4's so I have to use port forwarding. I already had all PS4 MW ports forwarded and it was still happening. So I next enabled Xbox MW ports and PC MW ports. Both UDP and TCP. After I have done that I have had no problems. I actually prefer Crossplay sometimes because you find lobbies faster. Yes I believe PC gamers have the upper hand because of mouse and keyboard (no offense) but it is so much better.

Try it out, see if it fixes your problems. I know you said hit marks but it's could be a delay issue also.

Hope you get it fixed! 👍

Im not an networking expert but i think if you enable UPnP you dont need to open all those console ports. Still, im gonna give it a try. What are the ports youre using? The ones listed on https://portforward.com/call-of-duty-modern-warfare/ ?

• Administrators
50 minutes ago, thewilloxdiaz said:

ISP Calix 813G Hub (PPPoE), doesnt provide WIFI. Yes, all devices are connected to the R1. My setup would be phyber line> Calix HUB> R1> PC or any other device.

That could explain some of what we're seeing. From your previous post it suggested that QoS may not be working correctly and now knowing you're on PPPoE that has confirmed it. QoS with PPPoE is not currently optimised so it may not work as well. Do you have a router you could put between the calix and the R1 to just handle PPPoE?

9 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That could explain some of what we're seeing. From your previous post it suggested that QoS may not be working correctly and now knowing you're on PPPoE that has confirmed it. QoS with PPPoE is not currently optimised so it may not work as well. Do you have a router you could put between the calix and the R1 to just handle PPPoE?

Yes, i have two. A Netgear R7000 and a ISP TP-Link TL-WR840N. So it will be Calix Hub> router > R1?

• Administrators

Great, yes please and have whichever router you choose handle PPPoE and then delete the PPPoE details on the R1 and try again with the optimising of QoS, it should work better then. Make sure to put the R1 WAN IP into the router DMZ as well to prevent any NAT issues.

5 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Great, yes please and have whichever router you choose handle PPPoE and then delete the PPPoE details on the R1 and try again with the optimising of QoS, it should work better then. Make sure to put the R1 WAN IP into the router DMZ as well to prevent any NAT issues.

Where is located the R1 WAN IP? Went to, System Information, Network Status, i see it says WAN IP but doesnt show any number. Also went to Network Settings, WAN and i dont see any number as well.

1duma.png

2duma.png