AW Slayers: Can you help a brother out??

Dillinger

Okay, as I fear for my very existence from the beast known as Vanilla Gorilla, I need to play some Advanced Warfare this evening on the XB1 to test a couple of controllers and further my review (Scuf vs. Battle Beaver - be sure to tune in :D).

I have about 6 hours played on AW.  All of it the first week.  I haven't touched the game since then.  I imagine I am somewhere around the 20th-22nd level of the zero prestige, or so of unlocks, so I don't have all the cool stuff.

I need a couple of good, low level classes, which sub to use and which AR to use.  I roam and slay based on maps, so an LMG or a sniper isn't something I am comfortable using, especially since I will be playing this game for the first time since last Nov.   :wacko:

Tips on things like effectiveness of grenades or things to equip would be greatly appreciated.

Any help or assistance will offer me more availability to test these controls under more sessions and you will have my Eternal Gratitude. :-)  Let's be honest here,  If I am getting stomped right out of the gate, I don't see myself playing 20 hours straight for this review.  Just sayin'.

Can please help a brother out??

Thanks,

JD

I like to roll with that HBR Average Joe with Grip, QuickDraw and Red Dot Sight. Perks: Low Profile, Cold Blooded, Toughness and Scavenger (sub Scavy for Hardline / Blast Suppressor). I also use Overclock to boost faster but honestly I hardly use it.

Thanks Alex, I'll see what I have unlocked from those options.

Any tips on OP items or defenses to have ready (UAV spam = a lot of Ghost classes)?

LMAO your killing me bro    :D

If your gonna rush ASM1 or K5.I don't know what variants you have for either one but speakeasy,magnitude or strider for ASM1

For K5 I like the genuine,breakneck or single stack

If your hanging back and patrolling BAL Obsidian Steed or Inferno but any will do.HBR insanity or Average Joe or ARX 160 hole puncher or Steel bite,great and good damage.

Perks I run lightweight,bling eye,hard wired and toughness

Frags,Semtex or I like spike drones but frags and semtex are better.I just use spike drones on campers to be a dick   :)

That's just some of the stuff I run,I know there are some absolute beast players on here who can help you out much better than me.

Hbra is a great choice. AK12 with foregrip and red dot kills. Hardline, lightweight, semtex, uav, care package, system hack, no secondary. Exo boost. I think that's about it. Whatever the scorpion is.

AR:

BAL - Inferno, Obsidian steed

HBR - Insanity, Average Joe

AK12 - Bleeder

SMG:

ASM1 - Rigor

MP11 - Goliath

LMG:

Ameli - Heavy, Subverter both with silencer and your choice of sight (I prefer thermal) you'll 3 shot kill at any range.

Like some others have said, HBR rds, aK12 rds, low profile that one that stops enemy score streaks from seeing you, blast surpressor,

Foregrip,

Uav extended time, bombing run or drone with ai and rockets, warbird with aggressor.

Smg I would run with the asm1.

If you're playing hardcore don't use bombing run or palladin.

I find the laser sight can really help too.

On it maps like defender the arx steel bite is a beast. On hc any variant will be good as it's a pretty accurate gun with one pull of trigger at any range on hc

must have perks afaic, low profile and blind eye.

if you want smg's ,asm1 rigor and kf5 genuine are right up there if you're not in possession of the speakeasy or the breakneck.

i use a holepuncher more or less all the time, 3 hit 1 burst kill out to 51-52 metres , works really well for me as i tend to make most of my kills mid to long range and thus beyond the effective range of a high proportion of cod players who prefer the use of bal's and asm1's

blind eye will stop all ai controlled score streaks spotting you except the uav which you'll need low profile to counter.

bearing in mind the amount of uav's equipped with threat detection and thus able to see you through cover, it imo is really necessary to run this perk fulltime.

Wow.  I can see I have missed a few things being off the game for a bit.  I doubt I have ANY of the variant classes opened up yet.  Anything I got from my supply drops didn't seem to make any difference, but I honestly don't remember what I even started doing with them after I found out I could sell them for XP.

Thanks to everyone for a great list to start with tonight.

Tonight!!

Well, I shall dine with my wife as usual, to be honest.  But in the meantime I shall be giving AW a go with the two new controllers I picked up and getting you guys some first hand feedback.

I would recommend jumping on a private match against bots find what sensitivity and guns you are comfortable with and slay bots for about 2 to 300 kills then jump online and rain down hell

Nice.  That is a great idea.  I know my gun skill is going to be "good enough" for me, but getting back into the game and map feel first sounds like a much simpler plan than jumping right into Sweaty Central.  Good looking out!

Yeah if you have the ASM1 Rigor I usually run that with Grip QuickDraw and Advanced Rifiling. Perks Low Profile and Lightweight / Cold Blooded / Toughness and Scavenger or Blast Suppressor.

Thanks Alex - I am sure I don't have Scavenger yet, not sure on the other perks.  I don't think I had anywhere close enough hip fire kills to start unlocking cool stuff like Advanced Rifling.  But, I will check and know for sure in about 2 hours when I get home and boot the game up again......

I would recommend playing domination with the Bal if you have the fore grip and silencer it would help. Perks I would run with the low profile, blind eye, blast suppresor and hardline. Score streaks I use the UAV with extra assist points and time, system hack with the same extras, assault drone with missiles and AR Hud and finish with the warbirds on aggressor and extra time. I find this setup is good fun but you need to play the OBJ cause once you start the streaks they keep coming

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions!

I played some AW last night and I can say with confidence I'm pretty much done with this title. The map control is just to chaotic for me on this version, though admittedly I had some good games on the traditional playlist.

My initial controller test is done and I am good for now so if the next Mod through could close the thread, that would be appreciated.

Shout out to Benormous! Your bot idea saved me a ton of frustration, so good looking out brother.

Many thanks,

JD

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions!

I played some AW last night and I can say with confidence I'm pretty much done with this title. The map control is just to chaotic for me on this version, though admittedly I had some good games on the traditional playlist.

My initial controller test is done and I am good for now so if the next Mod through could close the thread, that would be appreciated.

Shout out to Benormous! Your bot idea saved me a ton of frustration, so good looking out brother.

Many thanks,

JD

Im glad it worked out for you,whenever I jump online and find myself getting whacked I just fire up a bot match and get the old aim back on point then let the fun begin

Archived