Netduma R1 on Duma OS Won't Reset

KHtechgadgets

On 3/15/2020 at 3:25 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

If you're unable to access the interface then you yourself will not be able to reinstall the firmware. Could you please email [email protected] with a link to your posts as they may have some more suggestions.

When you do a full reset to factory settings, is the wifi password reset or not?

So after having many issues with the New DUMA OS, Like Xbox Party Chat not working right, I  decided to once again go back to the Original R1 Firmware,   I Updated the firmware, And waited for about 10 minutes,  It was still spinning,  So i gave it another 5 minutes and still nothing, So i closed the browser and reopened it,  I have internet access on the Rj45, But i can not get into the router by any means?   Can anyone help me out here,  I have tried to hold the small button in the rear as ive done before when hard resetting, Ive had this router for about 3 years now and its been great!  But its acting like its bricked, But somehow its still working?    I just cant get into the router!?    Ive tried the 192.168.88.1, Tried many more, And i just get Err 404,  But like i said, Im typing this to you now on the Rj45 and it works fine?    Im really lost here and could use some help!   Thanks everyone! 

EDIT: Is there anyway i can use the USB On the side to upgrade the fimeware that way?     When i try holding the button down in the back of the R1 it doesnt do anything?   Hold it down well,  Feeling the button is actually being pressed in,  Held for a minute,  Nothing happans,  No Beep nothing,   If i pull the plug and plug it back in, It will beep, But still nothing,  Left it unplugged for a few hours, Still nothing, When i use my old ip log in, it comes up with this,  http://192.168.1.100/desktop/index.html?cache=0#com.netdumasoftware.dashboard   and it just gives me the err 404 not found! 

Edited by IGotzPotatoAim

4 hours ago, IGotzPotatoAim said:

So after having many issues with the New DUMA OS, Like Xbox Party Chat not working right, I  decided to once again go back to the Original R1 Firmware,   I Updated the firmware, And waited for about 10 minutes,  It was still spinning,  So i gave it another 5 minutes and still nothing, So i closed the browser and reopened it,  I have internet access on the Rj45, But i can not get into the router by any means?   Can anyone help me out here,  I have tried to hold the small button in the rear as ive done before when hard resetting, Ive had this router for about 3 years now and its been great!  But its acting like its bricked, But somehow its still working?    I just cant get into the router!?    Ive tried the 192.168.88.1, Tried many more, And i just get Err 404,  But like i said, Im typing this to you now on the Rj45 and it works fine?    Im really lost here and could use some help!   Thanks everyone! 

EDIT: Is there anyway i can use the USB On the side to upgrade the fimeware that way?     When i try holding the button down in the back of the R1 it doesnt do anything?   Hold it down well,  Feeling the button is actually being pressed in,  Held for a minute,  Nothing happans,  No Beep nothing,   If i pull the plug and plug it back in, It will beep, But still nothing,  Left it unplugged for a few hours, Still nothing, When i use my old ip log in, it comes up with this,  http://192.168.1.100/desktop/index.html?cache=0#com.netdumasoftware.dashboard   and it just gives me the err 404 not found! 

@ecrivers had similar issue and has done the follow:

Solution- 

I rolled back DumaOS (v.2.1.3.29) to Pre-DumaOS (v.1.03.6j).  NOTE- I had to login via an incognito tab in chrome after rolling back to v.1.03.6.  This is noted in support - http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000085792-downgrading-back-to-the-original-r1-firmware-from-dumaos. 

I then upgraded back to DumaOS (v.2.1.3.29) via the saved sig file on my computer.  WIFI is now working properly.  

• Administrators
11 hours ago, IGotzPotatoAim said:

As above you need to clear browser cache before it will let you access the interface again. Regardless of that had you added all your friends to your allow list? We did a cloud update last week so should be no issues on our end preventing party chat from working.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2020 at 3:25 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

If you're unable to access the interface then you yourself will not be able to reinstall the firmware. Could you please email [email protected] with a link to your posts as they may have some more suggestions.

I realized my problem will never be resolved. Are there any new ideas to solve this problem? Since the appeal to the mail and no one has responded. I think this router has a couple of packages in the trash.

• Administrators
41 minutes ago, mag1866 said:

I realized my problem will never be resolved. Are there any new ideas to solve this problem? Since the appeal to the mail and no one has responded. I think this router has a couple of packages in the trash.

Did you email with the same email you used for your forum profile? I'll escalate this and make sure you get a response.

On 4/15/2020 at 8:35 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

What device are you using? It didn't look like the password went in properly. Do you have a laptop or PC you can try with?

From the iPhone, the screen recording hides the password entry. I throw off a video where I show the work of various browsers.