Netduma R1 on Duma OS Won't Reset

KHtechgadgets

Hey

So I was having an issue with my router where in I couldn't access the Duma OS Panel. So I decided to factory reset my router by pressing the reset button. I followed the process which has been mentioned in the support guide. However now, when I connected my laptop via ethernet to setup the router, it asked me for a username and password to acces the UI. I tried putting in admin and password , admin and admin. But neither of them worked. I even read somwhere to put in netdumar1 as password, that didn't work either. I've resetted the router multiple times, but it still wouldn't work. Can you tell me how to fix this please.

Thank you

Regards,

Karan Handa

• Administrators

It wouldn't just set a new username/password, have you ever had interface protection/login enabled before? If so use those details. On the login window is it 100% asking you to login to the IP for the Netduma router? That's not possible unfortunately.

Right so I did have interface protection enabled before. Tried that, didn't work. And Yess Its 100% asking me for credentials. No page would even load. There's just a standard spinning wheel going around in the background while it keeps asking me for credentials. I also chose to change my power adapter with the same voltage since I thought the router may be not functioning properly due to bad power. Performed a fresh Reset. However that didn't help either.

What can I do now?

• Administrators

Okay try this please, do a reset but hold the button for 25-30 seconds and then let go. When it appears to have booted properly unplug the router from the power for 24 hours and then try and login again with all the details it could be - original login info and admin/password. Sometimes unplugging it for that long can resolve issues.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, been a couple of days. Left it completely untouched. Tried Turning it on. The beep came, yet nothing. So resetted it again. Heard the beep again. Still nothing. Please I really need your help guys. Been using this for about 3 years now. I really really love the R1. There must be someway I can completely put DumaOS or for that matter, the original firmware back again??

Yess the IP address does come through as I'd always get on my laptop and yes Internet access is there too. However I don't understand. So around a month and a half back I start having the issue where in I can't access the Dashboard. It just doesn't load up and just shows me the loading ring. I decide to let it be for a few days thinking it'll fix itself. Still doesn't work so I reset the router very carefully. I've resetted it once last year too so the process isn't alien to me. I do the same thing, but then this happens. How did it break on its own??

Same problem here since last week, I've reset several times with the reset button but nothing just appear a loading wheel , I've turned off and I will try tomorrow, clear cookies etc. .

Also try with 3 different laptops

On 12/7/2019 at 10:13 AM, KHtechgadgets said:

Yess the IP address does come through as I'd always get on my laptop and yes Internet access is there too. However I don't understand. So around a month and a half back I start having the issue where in I can't access the Dashboard. It just doesn't load up and just shows me the loading ring. I decide to let it be for a few days thinking it'll fix itself. Still doesn't work so I reset the router very carefully. I've resetted it once last year too so the process isn't alien to me. I do the same thing, but then this happens. How did it break on its own??

Could you open Command Prompt, type ipconfig and then paste the resulting information here? Thanks!

On 12/7/2019 at 3:36 PM, BaloMatias said:

Same problem here since last week, I've reset several times with the reset button but nothing just appear a loading wheel , I've turned off and I will try tomorrow, clear cookies etc. .

Also try with 3 different laptops

Can you get to the factory reset button in the interface? It's the little ℹ️ icon at the top!

• 3 months later...
  • Administrators
21 minutes ago, mag1866 said:

I have the same problem. Is there a solution ?

Hello, welcome to the forum!

Which part exactly, not being able to access the router or not being able to do a reset? If you make a new topic regarding your issue we can focus on it there.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hello, welcome to the forum!

Which part exactly, not being able to access the router or not being able to do a reset? If you make a new topic regarding your issue we can focus on it there.

I can't log in to the Duma os after resetting to factory settings. Login and password enter admin and password but it turns out not to be correct.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, mag1866 said:

I can't log in to the Duma os after resetting to factory settings. Login and password enter admin and password but it turns out not to be correct.

How did you do the reset? Have you tried your old login information? Silly question but have you ensure caps lock isn't on etc?

15 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

How did you do the reset? Have you tried your old login information? Silly question but have you ensure caps lock isn't on etc?

Prehistory. It was not included in the Duma interface before. There was an infinite loading in the circle view and there was an error "failed to load R app". Login and password "admin and password" entered without problems. Then I decided to make a full reset to factory settings through the back panel of the router before the signal. Then when I tried to go to the Duma OS entered all the same username and password "admin and password" wrote the username and password is not correctly entered .

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you try using a different browser please such as Google Chrome? It may be due to the age of the browser.

I also used Google chrome without results. Still noticed when I do reset not once the wifi password is not reset.

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, mag1866 said:

I also used Google chrome without results. Still noticed when I do reset not once the wifi password is not reset.

It may not be resetting properly, I noticed you were using a pen, sometimes when I try to use a pen it will not reach the button properly. Try to use a pin or something smaller than a pen to reset it - you could take the inner pen out of the plastic casing and that'll probably do it.

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It may not be resetting properly, I noticed you were using a pen, sometimes when I try to use a pen it will not reach the button properly. Try to use a pin or something smaller than a pen to reset it - you could take the inner pen out of the plastic casing and that'll probably do it.

I tried without success

13 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Is it possible to reinstall the router firmware somehow ?